Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
I don't know, I want something that can do it all (almost)

I see it working with your iPod in your bookbag through bluetooth, for file transfer, or use the iPod as a major harddrive. you could easily download your books to read on it & save your emails & other files on the iPod....

so I want something I could use to "sketch" pictures on, read novels, write email, take class notes, etc etc...

infact, class notes could be very very cool. never having to remember if you have the right folder, and being able to print from any printer at school, especially if you had inadvertantly forgot to print your assignment before getting to class.

but that may be too fancy huh? you'd certainly wouldn't have extra paper to lend out

wrylachlan

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2002
Originally posted by big
I don't know, I want something that can do it all (almost)

so I want something I could use to "sketch" pictures on, read novels, write email, take class notes, etc etc...

infact, class notes could be very very cool. never having to remember if you have the right folder, and being able to print from any printer at school, especially if you had inadvertantly forgot to print your assignment before getting to class.

but that may be too fancy huh? you'd certainly wouldn't have extra paper to lend out

I totally agree, taking notes, email, sketching, etc. But for me, I don't need a 14" or even 12" screen to take notes on. I usually take notes on a small scratch-pad. So I would rather have an eBook size screen. Maybe 10" or 9" diagonally. This would cut down on the cost and also the power drain.

I also wouldn't need enough power to run a ton of programs. I'm not going to be compositing video on my sketch-pad. Come to think of it, it might not even need enough power to do the handwriting recognition. It could just save the raw images and let your main computer translate it when you get home. You could still page through the handwritten notes on the go.

From a retailer's perspective, this makes more sense too. If you offer a full-featured tablet, you run the risk of cannibalizing the sales of your core systems (iMac, iBook). If you sell a less expensive iPad that adds to the functionality of your core system you gain iPad sales and iMac sales.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
naw... its needs to have the world's leading hand writing /reading technology

wrylachlan

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2002
iBrary

In a wierd bit of synchronicity, just after I started thinking about an apple eBook a thread apears talking about an new iBrary i-app... coincidence? I think not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.