Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I'm looking for a glass protector for my watch that won't do this as seen below. I've renamed the apple watch the sweat band. The glass bottom makes your wrist sweat like crazy, which is not as annoying as my touch screen not working because the sweat wicks up around the screen and makes it stop working. This protector is the plastic kind that I have. It looks and works fine..... until I walk outside in 95 degree weather.

This is the first time I have ever had such an issue with a watch. I'm average size, I don't sweat like a pig all the time. This watch just creates so much moisture on the glass part of the back it's crazy.

My watches end up looking beaten and scratched after a while. I don't need impact protection, but I certainly need scratch protection. I rub my arm on my table, desk, and jeep when i'm driving where my arm sits.

Attachments

• 735UpvioR+6+61vtp2+pZg.jpg
    735UpvioR+6+61vtp2+pZg.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,077
Last edited:

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Smh, I should have followed my gut and listen to other reviews regarding this eBay purchase. Since my series 4 is curve this screen protector hovers straight above the edge of screen.
I might decide on skinomi or armorsuit.

Attachments

• 530B106E-8A00-478E-BC2B-F6A909BAC82F.jpeg
    530B106E-8A00-478E-BC2B-F6A909BAC82F.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 496

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
I bought these off of Amazon for my series 5 and they have been great so far. Similar to the spray and pray type but these use adhesive instead of the spray, so they are a lot easier to put on. I'll see in awhile if they start peeling up but so far, so good. The application process is a little tricky so watch the install video.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Smh, I should have followed my gut and listen to other reviews regarding this eBay purchase. Since my series 4 is curve this screen protector hovers straight above the edge of screen.
I might decide on skinomi or armorsuit.
Go with ArmorSuit, hard to install but worth it just follow the directions in box.

joe1946

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Penom Case for Apple Watch Screen Protector Series 5 Series 4 44mm, Ultra Thin Clear iWatch 44mm Screen Protector with Full Protection TPU Cover

Attachments

• 48777705228_33d69c6349_h.jpg
    48777705228_33d69c6349_h.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 523

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Here is what comes with amorsuit and rhino skin.

Armorsuit

IMG_0566.jpeg

rinoskin

IMG_0567.jpeg

ive only tried the rino skin so far. one thing i didn't like was a few of the protectors came with scuffs. the amrosuit were all perfect. the cloth is bigger from armorsuit and i like the spray bottle better. im also noticing my display is not as responsive with the rinoskin. tap to wake takes a few taps sometimes. ill post an update when I apply an armorsuit and do a better comparison.

Last edited:

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Yep. These are excellent. I’ve used the wet install protectors previously which did a good job of protecting the screen but had that orange peel effect, these are easy to install and are almost invisible when installed

Reactions: CE3

iCorz87

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2019
Sydney,Australia
I'm looking for a glass protector for my watch that won't do this as seen below. I've renamed the apple watch the sweat band. The glass bottom makes your wrist sweat like crazy, which is not as annoying as my touch screen not working because the sweat wicks up around the screen and makes it stop working. This protector is the plastic kind that I have. It looks and works fine..... until I walk outside in 95 degree weather.

This is the first time I have ever had such an issue with a watch. I'm average size, I don't sweat like a pig all the time. This watch just creates so much moisture on the glass part of the back it's crazy.

My watches end up looking beaten and scratched after a while. I don't need impact protection, but I certainly need scratch protection. I rub my arm on my table, desk, and jeep when i'm driving where my arm sits.

I just got a glass screen protector for AW5 I usually use the Belkin invisiglass curve but they weren't available for the AW5 so I purchased the Whitestone dome glass. I did muck up the first install which ended up annoying me so I removed it to install a second one. You really need patience with this, I was also able to "touch up" some of the edges where I had wiped away the glue

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Yep. These are excellent. I’ve used the wet install protectors previously which did a good job of protecting the screen but had that orange peel effect, these are easy to install and are almost invisible when installed

i started using these as well. they're great. no mess. surprised they arent more popular.

ValerieA

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2019
I purchased these, and I'm glad they came in a 6 pack. I went through 3 of them before I got anything decent. I finally gave up and went with how I had it (a few bubbles) on the 4th attempt. I'd never heard of the brand but they had good reviews, plus they work with bumpers, I even watched the video multiple times. I think I should've gone with a brand I know, such as ArmourSuit or IQ Shield. (by looking at reviews on here, seems like I'm the only one that's having/had bad luck with the LK protectors)

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2013
My wife bought a Mocolo Nano Optics uv liquid for her AW 4 40 and I have some questions:
1. Is it safe to "glue" something to the screen?
2. How to take it off in the future?
3. Is it easy to put on the apple watch - we still don't know whether to do it :)

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
i started using these as well. they're great. no mess. surprised they arent more popular.
I purchased these, and I'm glad they came in a 6 pack. I went through 3 of them before I got anything decent. I finally gave up and went with how I had it (a few bubbles) on the 4th attempt. I'd never heard of the brand but they had good reviews, plus they work with bumpers, I even watched the video multiple times. I think I should've gone with a brand I know, such as ArmourSuit or IQ Shield. (by looking at reviews on here, seems like I'm the only one that's having/had bad luck with the LK protectors)
I purchased this TWICE based on recommendations, every install of the 12 had a horrible either residue or damage to the screen protector straight down the middle. I made sure it is not due to install by just checking one of them without installing, had same damage. Not sure if I got a bad batch...but twice? Not my favorite.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I've read through all 30 pages of this and I'm no closer to deciding on a protector than I was before. For every good review I read a review saying brand X is terrible.

I'm a little confused as to why so many of you are recommending film protectors, does the feel not matter to you that much or do these film protectors not feel that bad?

Other than the Whitestone Dome, do any of you have recommendations on glass protectors? I went with the Whitestone and my wife has already chipped hers after only 3 days. I found some cheap glass ones on amazon but haven't installed them yet.

There has to be a decent glass option out there, right?

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I've read through all 30 pages of this and I'm no closer to deciding on a protector than I was before. For every good review I read a review saying brand X is terrible.

I'm a little confused as to why so many of you are recommending film protectors, does the feel not matter to you that much or do these film protectors not feel that bad?

Other than the Whitestone Dome, do any of you have recommendations on glass protectors? I went with the Whitestone and my wife has already chipped hers after only 3 days. I found some cheap glass ones on amazon but haven't installed them yet.

There has to be a decent glass option out there, right?

I bought a glass protector for my series 4 as the first screen protector. I work in a physically demanding job, it cracked within The first week. I still had it on until my skinomi film protectors came it.
First one lasted over a several months but the second didn’t last more than the week.
Overall I took it off and been running naked since September. Only one small nick but only when looking for it and in a specific angle/lighting.
As far as the skinomi skin proctectors, they have a great customer service and will give you extra films if you claim that film doesn’t hold up as stated.

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2013
Can someone please help me?
My wife bought a Mocolo Nano Optics uv liquid for her AW 4 40 and I have some questions:
3. Is it easy to put on the apple watch - we still don't know whether to do it

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
Can someone please help me?
3. Is it easy to put on the apple watch - we still don't know whether to do it

I had the Whitestone glass screen protector on my Apple Watch 4...which is applied and then a UV light is used to harden the glue. When I upgraded to the series 5...I removed the screen protector from the 4. I just got a nail under one corner and applied light pressure and it just popped right off. No residue or anything left behind...

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2013
I had the Whitestone glass screen protector on my Apple Watch 4...which is applied and then a UV light is used to harden the glue. When I upgraded to the series 5...I removed the screen protector from the 4. I just got a nail under one corner and applied light pressure and it just popped right off. No residue or anything left behind...
no glue on the screen?

giggles

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Hi guys, what would be a good screen protector compatible with the Supcase UB Pro 40mm? The watch is SS so with sapphire screen, is a protector even necessary? I kinda wanna be on the safe side..

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Anyone know if there’s a 44mm glass protector out there without the black border?

nill1234

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2012
Im using the uv loca tempered glasses. It isnt notoceable and the feeling is perfect, but you have to know what you are doing and prevent getting glue into the holes.

Attachments

• 1E588413-A3F9-4C15-B71C-354D7FE23879.jpeg
    1E588413-A3F9-4C15-B71C-354D7FE23879.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 456
  • A74AE1D7-5B68-4FEA-86B6-D2651BC59A7C.jpeg
    A74AE1D7-5B68-4FEA-86B6-D2651BC59A7C.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 458
Reactions: rsfrid

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.