Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digiphantom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
I just got an iPhone X, updated it to iOS 11.2, and restored from my 6s iCloud backup.

I'm noticing that I can't do a search in the Settings app. If I type something in to find a setting, nothing shows up. I've rebooted the phone, but same result.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

blankSearch.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems to work fine here using iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2.

digiphantom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
after two days, I'm still not seeing anything when I type in the settings search for the X.

It works fine on my 6S in iOS 11.2.

xetmarcr

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2014
ID
I also bought the X and at time of purchase restored from 6s iCloud backup. In Settings, search works fine here.

digiphantom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
I also bought the X and at time of purchase restored from 6s iCloud backup. In Settings, search works fine here.

Maybe it's something in my backup that's screwing up. I kind of want to avoid setting up as a new phone, but it would probably solve further issues.

heymarcel

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2017
I just got an iPhone X, updated it to iOS 11.2, and restored from my 6s iCloud backup.

I'm noticing that I can't do a search in the Settings app. If I type something in to find a setting, nothing shows up. I've rebooted the phone, but same result.

View attachment 740905

I’m having the same issue with my X. A little frustrating.

Mine randomly started working today. I did nothing to try to get the search to work.

The minimum wage Apple social media support team quickly praised me that things are working now but refuse to document the incident and forward for further escalation. This will happen again so keep your guard up and keep nagging Apple support.

MaximizedAction

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Got the same issue with my new iPad Pro 10.5. I set it up restoring from an iPad Mini 4 on 11.2.1. One day in it’s still not working, so probably nothing to do with it still indexing I suppose.

Edit: Resetting all settings indeed fixes this...but erases all settings :confused:.

Last edited:

kwamayze

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011

View attachment 740905

Yes. Just experienced it yesterday. Was working before. Though restarting would fix it but it didn’t
[doublepost=1515059644][/doublepost]
Maybe it's something in my backup that's screwing up. I kind of want to avoid setting up as a new phone, but it would probably solve further issues.
In fact mine worked earlier when I searched for something but wouldn’t seconds later when I went back to search for something else. Thought it was a minor bug and restarting would fix it

Kostkv

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2018
I find solutions or workaround)))

My payment for iCloud can’t be accepted, because was empty card without money! And after what I see one notification under AppleId what I need to renew, Update Payment Details!

I change Language Settings for iPhone, and Search in Settings and Search in Spotlight was enable again!!! I think after noticing about Payment, iPhone clear cache for Settings!!

Or change payment card, or get new virtual card with 0$ balance. After try to get payment for iCloud, cache Settings will be erased and Search in Settings and in Spotlight will be work again!

I think to add alert about update payment, iOS clear cache for Settings App!

03-01-2018 03:22 PM

Reactions: Joaniesan

abashford

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2008
Just an update..it was working for a week or so, now it disappeared again.

I think all those who are affected should contact Apple support and get this issue escalated.

Having worked through Apple support, they asked if I had installed via a iCloud backup which I confirmed. I confirmed I was on iPhone X and 11.2.6 and they asked me to do the following:

- Phone restart (no change)
- Reset all settings (fixed the problem)

They suggested that I could restore my settings from my iCloud backup. I asked if they thought the problem might return with the restore, and they said no. I decided to just redo my settings, so I can't confirm if this would make the problem come back.

Kostkv

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2018
Can somebody check?
From 3 March Search is working until I close all programs by swapping up, after what Search in Settings again didn’t work.
Now I try 5-6 count Settings-General-Sofware Update. Enter in input * and suggestions fade in... can you check?

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2009
Can somebody check?
From 3 March Search is working until I close all programs by swapping up, after what Search in Settings again didn’t work.
Now I try 5-6 count Settings-General-Sofware Update. Enter in input * and suggestions fade in... can you check?

I too had same bug reset all settings fixed it

Sri Anjeash

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2018

View attachment 740905
[doublepost=1537204516][/doublepost]Am experiencing it too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.