Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I get this all over the site since yesterday afternoon. It will appear when refreshing the home page for macrumors or coming to watched forums when i am refreshing them and then clicking on the thread that has new posts. It seems to just appear the first time I access the site after a period of time, after going to other apps and doing stuff on my ipad.

Below is what I see. Takes maybe 20 seconds or so and then the page of interest loads. Once I have gotten into forums or the main Macrumors page it is fine, I can even refresh and it just asked if I want to redo this action at that point. Also something new that I have not seen before the past 24 hours. Wonder if Macrumors is making security changes to catch spammers and spambots ect?

I found one message with no replies from nearly year ago in Ventura discussion kind of buried so wanted to post this here. I am on a iPad but also noted this on my 14 ProMax so not just a problem with Mac Ventura as the old post was in. Below is the message I get

IMG_7906.png

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I get this all over the site since yesterday afternoon. It will appear when refreshing the home page for macrumors or coming to watched forums when i am refreshing them and then clicking on the thread that has new posts. It seems to just appear the first time I access the site after a period of time, after going to other apps and doing stuff on my ipad.

Below is what I see. Takes maybe 20 seconds or so and then the page of interest loads. Once I have gotten into forums or the main Macrumors page it is fine, I can even refresh and it just asked if I want to redo this action at that point. Also something new that I have not seen before the past 24 hours. Wonder if Macrumors is making security changes to catch spammers and spambots ect?

I found one message with no replies from nearly year ago in Ventura discussion kind of buried so wanted to post this here. I am on a iPad but also noted this on my 14 ProMax so not just a problem with Mac Ventura as the old post was in. Below is the message I get

View attachment 2249546
I also received that exact message yesterday evening when I attempted to log in.

Reactions: rm5

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Already has been! :)
Well done; while I was composing and writing (and sending) the post, you beat me to it.

Having already replied, I feared that the thread - for it is clear that many members have experienced this, when I came across it last night, I simply assumed that it was a minor glitch and would be dealt with soon enough- might not have been seen (by staff) as long as the thread remained in the "Community" section of the forum.

Anyway, I am delighted to learn that staff are aware of this issue.

Reactions: Boyd01

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I suspect it's related to a variety of problems that a number of people have been experiencing with the forums over the past day or so, such as these

The staff is aware there are issues and is working to resolve them.
Interesting I have not had problems in uploading images personally just getting the message on main page or in a forum thread I am rejoining after I have been off macrumors for a time period. For example I come back to main page after a time and then refresh the image safari is holding from the tab on my iPad for the page this message will appear first time then back to normal. So a possibly related but different effect of problems wondered if there were some security updates?

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
We will need a full RCA and presentation of the results. Then we'll set up a meeting to have the presentation scheduled, schedule the presentation, then have a follow up meeting to review the results. Just had a flashback from my old job on how they handled things whenever there were minor glitches or issues in processes

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We will need a full RCA and presentation of the results. Then we'll set up a meeting to have the presentation scheduled, schedule the presentation, then have a follow up meeting to review the results. Just had a flashback from my old job on how they handled things whenever there were minor glitches or issues in processes
Lol

Cloudflare migrated their firewall system. I imported the settings over yesterday, apparently it wasn’t 1:1 import, stuff got added. I turned the extra stuff off today :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.