Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I think boots will be a minor antagonist overall. He’s been bullied his own life, and now wants authority and power.

I suspect the major villain will still turn out to be Jerlameral. It feels like the same trope all over again - travel to find some promised land, but it turns out they are planning a revolution to upend the current world order and come out on top.

It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. The show reminds me of “into the badlands” in a way, which I also liked.
To be clear, I didn’t mean Boots will be the biggest villain though. Just he might turn out to be bigger villain than that general. Your call that Jerlameral could be the biggest one is a good call though. ?
He seems to have a purpose for his children which might turn to be not a good one.

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
I always give new shows 3 episodes to keep me for a season at least. Honest to God, I’ve tried three times just to get through the first episode. Painfully bad. Just awful. And this is coming from someone who used to sit through those god-awful SciFi/SYFY original movies.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I always give new shows 3 episodes to keep me for a season at least. Honest to God, I’ve tried three times just to get through the first episode. Painfully bad. Just awful. And this is coming from someone who used to sit through those god-awful SciFi/SYFY original movies.
Keep watching. It gets better.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Episode 8 was incredible. Was this the season finale?

I literally didn’t see any of that coming...

Wait what! There’s only 8 episodes for the first season of See?!?

The Jerlameral subplot was resolved very quickly. I always suspected he was up to no good, but it was a satisfying resolution overall. I thought his ending was poetic. He’s alive but blind, and in no condition to continue with his plans, though I suppose one of his children could always pick up the mantle.

Glad to see that Jason Mamoa will be around for S2 as well.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
maybe I missed some news about it..........do you have any idea when the season 2 will be launched?
Unfortunately not. Season 1 debuted just over a year after principal photography started, which began in September ‘18 and lasted about 6 months. Season 2 filming doesn’t yet appear to be underway so I’d imagine Winter 2020/Spring 2021 at the earliest

Last edited:

sakurarain

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2018
Shanghai
Unfortunately not. Season 1 debuted just over a year after principal photography started, which began in September ‘18 and lasted about 6 months. Season 2 filming doesn’t yet appear to be underway so I’d imagine Winter 2020/Spring 2021 at the earliest

thanks quite a lot for your detailed explanation ??... let’s wait for the season 2.

Xenden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Rio Rancho, NM
Well, there’s no accounting for taste.
Unless this is a joke, there is no need to be defensive about people not liking See. It is valid to discuss what people feel is unbelievable, but to attack peoples sense of taste is not needed.

Again, if this is a joke, ignore my statement.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Unless this is a joke, there is no need to be defensive about people not liking See. It is valid to discuss what people feel is unbelievable, but to attack peoples sense of taste is not needed.

Again, if this is a joke, ignore my statement.
I’d wasn’t a joke. Saying it’s “laughable” is indeed a reflection on ones taste. Call it anything you wish but laughable just isn’t accurate. It’s fantasy....that’s a genre set in a “fantasy” world. Same as an elephant flying, fantasy, but surely not laughable.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I"m not especially religious or prudish(I loved GOT), but masterbating while reciting a riff on the Lord's Prayer turned me off. I decided I would give the 2nd episode a shot, then the girl performed oral sex while "praying" totally stopped me from watching the show. It's unfortunate, because up until then I was interested in the show and looking forward to watching......I don't think that it's exclusion would have changed the series, but since I didn't view it any further, I don't know that. I know it didn't really add anything to the episode

Reactions: jbachandouris

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I would encourage people who were put off by the implausibleness of the premise to try to get past that, because I found the show is really enjoyable when you do. It probably took me about four episodes before I stopped getting irritated by the ridiculousness of this blind society surviving at all and fighting as well as they do (and colour colordinating their outfits); I dunno if that was the series changing or me changing or both, but as it happened I started to really like it. It has some superb action scenes, and I do care about some of the characters now.

Second best show on Apple TV+ for me, behind For All Mankind. They were tied until the last 2 or 3 episodes of FAM, but a certain storyline in that pushed it into first place for me I think. Neither are as good as Peaky Blinders mind you.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
I"m not especially religious or prudish(I loved GOT), but masterbating while reciting a riff on the Lord's Prayer turned me off. I decided I would give the 2nd episode a shot, then the girl performed oral sex while "praying" totally stopped me from watching the show. It's unfortunate, because up until then I was interested in the show and looking forward to watching......I don't think that it's exclusion would have changed the series, but since I didn't view it any further, I don't know that. I know it didn't really add anything to the episode

As someone who does have a strong faith I will give it a miss, thanks for the warning. I don’t mind The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie and the like I feel the same as you.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2014
Really enjoyed all of this. Way better than I had originally hoped. Season 2 will be watched.

Smartwatchlover

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Rome
Not fully convinced by See: I still find it completely unrealistic, especially in the battle scenes...

Not my preferred one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.