Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Was able to successfully add a family member to my share plan.

I am listed as the organizer with a valid credit card listed.

The family member can see all my iPad apps on their end. Paid apps show up as FREE.

However, the second that family member tries to download the app, an error message appears that says "Shared content isn't available. To access shared content, your Family organizer must update your Family's payment method."

Have no idea what needs to be updated. Payment info. is listed on my organizer account.

PERHAPS the reason is because I authorized share on my iPhone 6 Plus and the family member is using an iPad.

Also...

I take it anything I downloaded PRIOR to the family sharing should be available as a share?

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Never mind.

Did some digging. Found out that my credit card information on file was missing a security code. Once I added that, it worked.

Charlbury

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks!

I had this exact problem. I couldn't believe that starting family sharing meant that my partner could no longer download anything, even after I cancelled all of the family sharing, and the error message was too cryptic for me to figure out what was wrong Your post sorted me out. Thank you very much for taking the time to come back to the forum with your solution.

dkhnath

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2018
Shared content isn't available to access shared content, your Family organizer must update your Family's payment method.

I have updated and then changed the payment method but it doesn't help, and yes I have the security code entered.

I do have a gift card on the account. Does the gift card generate this error for other family members?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.