Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vaska Shortfilm

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2014
Hey

I have a youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/VaskaFilms, which I post short films. I am running out of ideas, so if you guys could help I would appreciate it. It can be any theme, comedy, action, etc. I have after effects so I can do some special effects like lightning, muzzle flashes, cloning, teleporting, and stuff like that. Thanks! ;)

Last edited:

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
Not sure I wanna say my idea someone may use it. But it's related to the last pie of pizza ever

Lunalunah

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
maybe you should learn how to be creative yourself, instead of asking others to do the thinking for you.

Don't go telling people not to use other people's ideas when your profile picture is a rip-off of the OBEY graffiti by Shepard fairey.

----------

I something like a real-life Mickey Mouse or bugs bunny cartoon could be cool. Or it could be stupid... I don't know, I've never had the time to do it myself.

koolkite503

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
Hello Answer ASAP Please

so you start out with a guy waking up, and its obvious this guy has sever OCD. everything in his house is squeaky clean, and he has a routine that he follows every morning. The key is, you never see this guy talk, he just goes about his normal routine that he does every morning.

The narration sets in and start talking about " I am samuel johnson, and I am the best assassin in the world. I study my targets meticulously (show him reading the paper), and take the best care of myself ( show him brushing his teeth or somethin) and I am always thinkin one step ahead.

Then this OCD guy walks out the front door of his house, on his way to his car for work, and gets his head blown off. Then the camera shifts to somewhere else in the bushes, and shows a guy all in black with a sniper riffle, and he says "and that is why I am the best"

I think it would be cool cause if you did it right, the whole time you would be thinking that the guy getting ready is the sniper, getting ready to go and and get his target, but then in the last scene, you realize he is the target.

Hello I would like to use your idea for a short film in my RESA class can you please give me your name and permission to use this and put your name on the credits for writing this

Coolbond07

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2015
Hey, I've made a short film based on this idea and wanted to put it up on YouTube. I know it's been a while since you posted but if you can please give me your full name, I would like to give you credit. My email address is aalokshah.94@gmail.com.

so you start out with a guy waking up, and its obvious this guy has sever OCD. everything in his house is squeaky clean, and he has a routine that he follows every morning. The key is, you never see this guy talk, he just goes about his normal routine that he does every morning.

The narration sets in and start talking about " I am samuel johnson, and I am the best assassin in the world. I study my targets meticulously (show him reading the paper), and take the best care of myself ( show him brushing his teeth or somethin) and I am always thinkin one step ahead.

Then this OCD guy walks out the front door of his house, on his way to his car for work, and gets his head blown off. Then the camera shifts to somewhere else in the bushes, and shows a guy all in black with a sniper riffle, and he says "and that is why I am the best"

I think it would be cool cause if you did it right, the whole time you would be thinking that the guy getting ready is the sniper, getting ready to go and and get his target, but then in the last scene, you realize he is the target.

sahilitrix

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
best short film idea ever

Hi, can i use this idea for my short film? I will be sure to give you credits. Please contact me at sahilitrix123@gmail.com

BILLINGHM

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Hey Guys, I have to do a short film and I can't think of anything in terms of the story. Can you please help me? Maybe throw some ideas out in to the atmoshpere. :D It can be about anything. Thanks!
Your mum is fat

BearProductions

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2015
Imagine a society where people who have committed a crime have to "work it off," no matter how serious the crime -- for instance, if you commit murder, you get sentenced to forty years of "unpaid labor" (much like if you had an immense credit card debt, so immense that your entire monthly salary went to the interest payment). Of course, since prisons are commercially run in order to maximize efficiency and minimize taxpayer burden, there is an economic incentive to find people guilty of murder, even in cases where no murder actually occurred. Police, for instance, might be funded with dividends from the convicts' production.

Your hero, one of these police officers, is on trial for the murder of a child -- but he saw her walk by only seconds into the film, very much alive, and is chasing after her, frantically trying to get proof that she is still alive. But who is keeping this girl hidden, and why?

That's probably overkill for a "short film," though.

cbob

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2016
california
Hey Guys, I have to do a short film and I can't think of anything in terms of the story. Can you please help me? Maybe throw some ideas out in to the atmoshpere. :D It can be about anything. Thanks!
[doublepost=1460228815][/doublepost]Well, the short film takes off from a place where two cars are in accident, a man 'x' trying to get out of the car and asking for help. He is dizzy and his mind is blank and can't remember what has happened. Moving to next shot, he 'x' is in court (court kind of setup as for short film) and judge asking whether he is guilty or not. Meanwhile, he 'x' tries to reconstruct the accident. Also, there a man 'y' standing in front of 'x' who is the sole witness of the accident. A man 'z' friend of 'x' comes running into the court with some papers in hand gasping for air and tells the judge to stop the judgement for a moment as he wants to show some important information.

The story then takes off on what is the information about? will the man 'x' be pleaded guilty or what happens to the witness 'y'

This is a action,thriller story for 30 min length short film. I have got few more stories if interested let me know.

jclay289

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
[doublepost=1461509489][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1461509638][/doublepost]I heard u needed a movie or something like that. Im not to good with writing or how to put my ideas on paper. im just a kid from the hood with this idea. but this is the easiest way i can explain my idea so hear it go. make a movie about how the African Americans are really from the nation of Isreal not the ones who occupy the land now days. and they have been robbed of there identity. and there whole experience in America has actually been a punishment from their god because they continued to break his laws. then the African Americans slowly start to realize this after years and years. then they start to keep their god laws and statues. then their god hears their cries and prayer to him, so he leads them from their troubles and everybody who wanted to come with him, like he did with moses. there is more i can add to the story if u wanted to hear it but i think this is as simple as i can put it.

JoshuaStokesFilms

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2016
I think the story would be beter if after they all turnned B&W and after a near riot they just stayed B&W and eventually went beck to the same borring thing they did in color.

Hey. How about reversing it. It B&W and "boring" they turn into full color and go nuts "it's the end of the world" finaly they get used to it and go back to borring.
[doublepost=1467699638][/doublepost]
I think the story would be beter if after they all turnned B&W and after a near riot they just stayed B&W and eventually went beck to the same borring thing they did in color.

Hey. How about reversing it. It B&W and "boring" they turn into full color and go nuts "it's the end of the world" finaly they get used to it and go back to borring.

You can't do that because they did that in a film with Toby Maguire called Pleasentville.

Trailbyker

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2016

You mean like in the movie "Pleasantville"? (It's already been done.)

sandipan singh

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2016
Sure have some thoughts as I have been at the helm of creative writing from last 30 yrs but before share can we discuss money

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
I would like to brief motivational video about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, etc. Always true

_ace099

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2016

Hey my name is Brittany and im entering a teen film contest. I want to use your idea but i want to know if its ok to do so.

Matthewsimmons1

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2016
I'm a ****
[doublepost=1480945678][/doublepost]
A short film on how to do a short film...... ;)
Think like a wacky angel sucking off jesus whilst the devil watches vigorously. Mother Mary looks at the angel in disparity as the sign of the cross is portraied on the wall in blood. As all this happens I put my air maxes on feel the bubble under my heal, jump up and fly kick my Nan. The feeling is exzillerating almost like being sucked off by a wacky angel. Maybe I am Jesus

Desucha X Productions

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2017
A bit abstract, but I like it...

OK, here it goes...

Shots of a quiet town. Everyone is going about their boring, mudane daily schedules.

Shot of a man dressed in all black sneaking around an alley. He approaches a lever and pulls it down.

The entire town goes black and white. People are shocked, confused, and panicked. The town floods out of their homes, offices, etc. and fonto the streets in search of the cause of the B&W color change.

One man finally wanders down the alley and finds the lever. He turns it back on and everything goes back to normal. Everyone celebrates. The man raises his arms in triumph and walks away.

The "man in black" sneaks out into the alley again, turns the lever off, rips it off the wall, and takes it with him. The scene changes to black and white. Celebrating people look confused, look to the sky, fade out.

Hmmm... maybe it's a little cheesy, but with a sick music track in the background (starts out slow and minor, gets more and more intense, when the color comes back on it reaches a climax and modulates into a major key, and suddenly goes back to the mood in the beggining when the color is turned back off) it might turn out pretty cool. If you find or write a good song to fit the film, I don't think you'd need any other audio. I'm all about short films with hidden underlying messages, and I think this one would fit the bill.

Hope this helps!

I Am Anonymous

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2017
Canada
Two hot chicks in an office with broken air-con while they're waiting for the repair guy to show up they strip off their clothes to keep cool in front of a big office fan. The office fan accidentaly blows their clothes out of the window, at this point the pizza delivery dude shows up but of course their cash was in their pockets so how do the naked girls pay the dude for the pizza?

OK I'm out of ideas could someone else finish this story for me.:D
thats my kind of story
[doublepost=1486411337][/doublepost]
show a man sitting in a coffee shop

hes reading the paper and everything seems nice

the waitress comes and gives him a coffee which he gingerly sips on

flash back

its the kitchen... the person who is making the coffee cuts her finger off (i'll let u figure out how)

blood squirts everywhere as you cut slow motion to the severed finger falling into the coffee cup with a bunch of blood

you zoom into the cup and zoom out showing the cup just hitting the mans lips

you cut wide and in the background a girl is being rushed to the ER and the medic is screaming "wears the finger!"

people look around in frantic but the main guy doesn't seem to notice (he hasn't taken a sip yet cause something in the paper caught his attention..)

you then pan down to his pocket where an iPod is attached with the cord running up his shirt

the man takes a sip of his coffee and continues reading the paper

the camera pans out as an ambulance sits out side waiting and the lady is rushed out with the head medical man saying "we are not leaving without that finger!" and some jack johnson or something calm plays in the background

fade out....

chya...
how do you cut your finger off while making coffee

johnr25

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2017

I made this into a short film. Thank you for your brilliant idea. Here it is --->

ineselmabrouk

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2017
Shanghai, China
great idea

Hey I would like to use your idea for a film I am making. I am a UCLA film school student and I would like to get your name so that I can credit you as a writer. It's perfect for a three camera studio with limited props, time and experience. I know you posted this a while ago and may not get this message but I hope you do.

Thanks in advance
T
great idea

Hey I would like to use your idea for a film I am making. I am a UCLA film school student and I would like to get your name so that I can credit you as a writer. It's perfect for a three camera studio with limited props, time and experience. I know you posted this a while ago and may not get this message but I hope you do.

Thanks in advance
T

Have you used this idea yet? Because if not, I was wondering if I could use it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.