Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndersM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2014
Hi,

Are there any options out there for Lightning - usb-c cables that are shorter than Apples own 1m cable?
As short as 15cm would be ideal.

Thanks!

DanDilla

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
Lüneburg, Germany
There are no third party usbc lightning cables yet, Apple mentioned in a press release around christmas they won't licence any in the near future if i remember it right...

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2009
Slovenia, EU
I'm really betting on Anker. Having a nice 15cm usb-c to lightning would be great, especially if the come up with a portable charger with two USB-C ports and no legacy USBs to complement the new Macbook line.

Reactions: disterheft

AndersM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2014
I would actually prefer if Apple ditched the Lightning plug altogether and put a usb-c connection on the iPhone like other manufacturers are starting to do. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
Get one of those super tiny USB-A to USB-C adapters and stick it on the 0.5m lightning to USB-A connector. Best option I've seen so far.

Edit, scratch that, found a better option.

USB-C to Micro USB + a tiny Micro USB to Lightning adapter. Double duty and I found a good one at just 6" https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=14949

Last edited:

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2009
Slovenia, EU
When it comes to USB-C I'm a little reluctant to just buy anything. There have been reports of fried phones when the cable negotiated a too high charging current. I've been waiting for Anker to come up with one or that Benson Leung does some more reviews.

JB2u

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2019
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.