Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainSebastian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2019
I am currently on IOS 12.0 (which sucks bc I do not have group facetime nor any "new" emojis) and I heard there is a jailbreak for ios 13. I was wondering if I should update or if it will mess up my phone. I am using unc0ver jailbreak. should I first delete that? Should I delete all my other jailbreaks? Please respond!

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I am currently on IOS 12.0 (which sucks bc I do not have group facetime nor any "new" emojis) and I heard there is a jailbreak for ios 13. I was wondering if I should update or if it will mess up my phone. I am using unc0ver jailbreak. should I first delete that? Should I delete all my other jailbreaks? Please respond!
First make sure you have a Mac to download checkra1n. You would need to remove unc0ver by going into the app and use the gear to get to root fs. Tap on that and let the phone reboot. After that you can jaibreak with checkra1n and install Cydia. Make sure you only download IOS 13 supported tweaks.

Dessie P. Krok

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2019
First, of all make sure your device is capable of running iOS 13 because some older iPhones that were eligible for iOS 12 will not be compatible with iOS 13.iPod Touch,iPhone X,iPhone XR,iPhone SE,iPhone 6S and 6S Plus,iPhone 7 and 7 Plus,iPhone 8 and 8 Plus,Phone XS and XS Max and newest versions are working with iOS 13. Before proceeding with the jailbreaking process first back up all your data. Next, you need to remove the unc0ver and install checkra1n. Then you can install tweaks and apps after you install Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.