Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharkchu

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019

Oh I see another fan! I got that case but for my iPhone 8 Plus, skimming the threads, because I might upgrade to the iphone 11 pro or pro max.

Reactions: bobsamm

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Not much. And a few cheepie cases. How have you been doing lately?

Got a Pelican a few days ago; been rocking it.

3a4e7890bd97274181f7c98f38b47fb9.plist
b36b92912f9728336bd5ee92956b0ed8.jpg
60cccc6189c08b62c4d1352bdf9c8059.jpg

Have to say I’m shocked, lol! I’ve been trying to stick to apple silicone but I would like a clear case that is grippy but doesn’t discolor over time.

Reactions: blaine07

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Alright guys, I need your opinion. Best clear case that does not yellow over time. ESR TPU from Amazon, or the Spigen Ultra Hybrid with the black around the border? or if there are any other ones, please let me know! Happy Halloween

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Alright guys, I need your opinion. Best clear case that does not yellow over time. ESR TPU from Amazon, or the Spigen Ultra Hybrid with the black around the border? or if there are any other ones, please let me know! Happy Halloween
I wouldn’t think the clear part of the ultra hybrid with the black border would yellow because I’m pretty sure that’s polycarbonate. Isn’t only the clear tpu that yellows? Can I get a fact checker?

Last edited:

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I wouldn’t think the clear part of the ultra hybrid with the black border would yellow because I’m pretty sure that’s polycarbonate. Isn’t only the clear tpu that yellows? Can I get a fact checker?

Good to know! I figured it wouldn’t, and I guess that would be the best case to grab? Do you have one? How does it feel?

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Guys I'm using the Apple Leather Case for my Iphone 11 Pro Max and would like buy magnetic mount for my car.
Can you recommend one which I can glue to my dashboard? Also any recommendation for compatible metal plates to use inside the case? Where should I glue it to still be able to use wireless charging?

Thanks

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Hello, just checking in and seeing how you like your ESR case?

ESR cases have been good for me. Using one for my iPad since 2017, no issues at all. I’ve ordered the clear case for my phone now because I’m going on a few trips soon. Hopefully will be fine.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
ESR cases have been good for me. Using one for my iPad since 2017, no issues at all. I’ve ordered the clear case for my phone now because I’m going on a few trips soon. Hopefully will be fine.
Do they yellow over time? I used a Ringke clear case for the X and I liked how it felt, but it discolored too quickly.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Do they yellow over time? I used a Ringke clear case for the X and I liked how it felt, but it discolored too quickly.

My iPad case is not made of TPU, so not really sure. My iPhone case is made of TPU though. So will see how it goes.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Just picked up the speck presidio grip in grey/dark grey for my SG 11 pro. I’m grey’d out lol. Post pics later lol

Last edited:

Tom_Aatje

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2018
3 dollar case from Aliexpress. These are the best cases I've used so far. Don't let price fool you, build quality is on par with Spigen and similar overpriced cases that are sold for way more than they should. They also sell them with a matte back and/or coloured buttons.
Looks classy, simple and still very protective in my opinion. I've used a similar one for 2 years on my X and I'm glad they're making the same ones for the 11 Pro as well now :)

DKOXooX.jpg

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
3 dollar case from Aliexpress. These are the best cases I've used so far. Don't let price fool you, build quality is on par with Spigen and similar overpriced cases that are sold for way more than they should.
Looks classy, simple and still very protective in my opinion. I've used a similar one for 2 years on my X and I'm glad they're making the same ones for the 11 Pro as well now :)

DKOXooX.jpg

Got a link? may wanna take a look at the XR version of this looks cool

Didn't leave any scratches either?

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
I just bought a yellow iPhone 11. what case goes with it to show off the yellow color while at the same offering good drop protection. I currently have the spigen tough armor for my iPhone X. What an amazing case, dropped my phone so many times and it has protected it so good. no cracks or anything.

i was thinking of getting this spigen ultra hybrid, its a clear case with black trim.

Last edited:

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
I was rocking the forest green leather case on my midnight green iPhone 11 Pro for a while and loved the color combo (As some have shown in the thread so far).

I wanted to find a clear case though that shows off the midnight green color. I thought someone on here posted a link to this case, if so, thank you!

Just put it on and I think it shows off the phone very well. Seems to have a good amount of protection and good grip.

2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I was rocking the forest green leather case on my midnight green iPhone 11 Pro for a while and loved the color combo (As some have shown in the thread so far).

I wanted to find a clear case though that shows off the midnight green color. I thought someone on here posted a link to this case, if so, thank you!

Just put it on and I think it shows off the phone very well. Seems to have a good amount of protection and good grip.

View attachment 875867
View attachment 875868 View attachment 875869

Is that a hard plastic case or TPU?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.