Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Did anyone grab some cool cases from Black Friday sales?

5832888321476248a4dec849fc74b9bd.jpg
8463fc2793c1b0508512f2efad91d6b0.jpg

I couldn’t consciously recommend the Mous at $59. Ffs they can’t even include a full package lol but I digress

wicked271

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
Philippines
I have small hands and usually get the small phones. I tried the iPhone XS Max with a loopy case and really like it coz it makes it easier to hold but it’s hard to do wireless charging or to put on car holders/stands

With the 11 Pro Max, I decided to try a ring case. It’s good enough for the price but after a while I could feel the ring is a little bit loose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WVXT9TQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

0C467441-C524-4F51-BFE9-83664F4F1E75.jpeg

I would prefer a ring with wallet case but they are usually very bulky so got the Otterbox Popsocket instead with the Black Friday discount. Very nice and it does wireless charging very well.

i don’t usually go for Otterbox because they are usually very thick but with the popsocket, it helps with my grip.

EB72E750-3D0F-4594-8890-1FB8F1237021.jpeg

F98343EE-B008-4A5C-A425-7DBA698A84B1.jpeg

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I have small hands and usually get the small phones. I tried the iPhone XS Max with a loopy case and really like it coz it makes it easier to hold but it’s hard to do wireless charging or to put on car holders/stands

With the 11 Pro Max, I decided to try a ring case. It’s good enough for the price but after a while I could feel the ring is a little bit loose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WVXT9TQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

View attachment 881238

I would prefer a ring with wallet case but they are usually very bulky so got the Otterbox Popsocket instead with the Black Friday discount. Very nice and it does wireless charging very well.

i don’t usually go for Otterbox because they are usually very thick but with the popsocket, it helps with my grip.

View attachment 881235

View attachment 881237

Is it as thick as the otterbox symmetry? I love the idea, but not a fan of bulky cases.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Is it as thick as the otterbox symmetry? I love the idea, but not a fan of bulky cases.

OB Symmetry is not thick or bulky, pretty much the slimmest/lightest protection case available, nomad rugged is not quiet as wide but exactly the same weight.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
I don’t have the original symmetry but on the box it says symmetry pop socket so I would assume its the same size.

I had it for my XS max, its thicker than the original to recess the pop socket into the case, its thicker but manageable for sure.

seriouslyjaded

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
5832888321476248a4dec849fc74b9bd.jpg
8463fc2793c1b0508512f2efad91d6b0.jpg

I couldn’t consciously recommend the Mous at $59. Ffs they can’t even include a full package lol but I digress

I’ve ordered this for my Max pro. I had a limitless 2.0 on my Max Xs for a year and it saved it so many times and, overall, I’ve not found a case that’s better - I just wish that the top and bottom of the case were less high and you could get it without the metal plates - in my experience, they do impact on the wireless charging unless the phone is placed just right. And yes, I know about the contour but there seems to be enough issues reported that I didn’t want the hassle - I also prefer the black aramid look over leather and it’s more resilient.

Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I’ve ordered this for my Max pro. I had a limitless 2.0 on my Max Xs for a year and it saved it so many times and, overall, I’ve not found a case that’s better - I just wish that the top and bottom of the case were less high and you could get it without the metal plates - in my experience, they do impact on the wireless charging unless the phone is placed just right. And yes, I know about the contour but there seems to be enough issues reported that I didn’t want the hassle - I also prefer the black aramid look over leather and it’s more resilient.
This is on my phone as well. I like it minus the weight and cutouts. Once my sheath finally arrives, that will likely be my daily case

Reactions: bigup

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Contrary to popular opinion I picked up a Evutec for my Pro Max today because $26 and I missed the car mount from my XS Max Evutec.

Between the Evutec and Mous Limitless 3.0 the Mous is definitely more robust and fits phone tighter. Evutec doesn’t particularly feel “loose” on phone but by charge port I couldn’t say it’s “tight.”

Between the Symmetry, Limitless 3.0 and Evutec I’d have a super hard time lining up a nest to worse. I definitely would think less of Mous had I paid full ask, in fairness, didn’t pay full ask for Evutec or Symmetry either. Symmetry seems as protective as Mous, and I like it’s price better, but it isn’t terribly grippy... at all.

All three have different things I like about them is only we could hybrid the three of them lol

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Contrary to popular opinion I picked up a Evutec for my Pro Max today because $26 and I missed the car mount from my XS Max Evutec.

Between the Evutec and Mous Limitless 3.0 the Mous is definitely more robust and fits phone tighter. Evutec doesn’t particularly feel “loose” on phone but by charge port I couldn’t say it’s “tight.”

Between the Symmetry, Limitless 3.0 and Evutec I’d have a super hard time lining up a nest to worse. I definitely would think less of Mous had I paid full ask, in fairness, didn’t pay full ask for Evutec or Symmetry either. Symmetry seems as protective as Mous, and I like it’s price better, but it isn’t terribly grippy... at all.

All three have different things I like about them is only we could hybrid the three of them lol

Is the Symmetry tight around the volume buttons?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

At least supply us poor folks with some pictures. ;)
[automerge]1575855490[/automerge]
Is the Symmetry tight around the volume buttons?

I believe the Symmetry is the best all around case for the 11 pro max. No problem with loose rubber around the buttons at all. This is the regular Symmetry, not the pop socket deal.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Their all flimsy if you start pulling at them especially around the buttons, the sheath would be the worst all around, but in normal use their all ok.

As far as symmetry i am not finding it slippery as the sides have grip, back is smooth/slippery. Mine will pull away at the bottom and near buttons if you try, but the top and the rest of the sides are more solid. Have a Mujjo coming tomorrow see what it's like.

Also after a good folio case with stand for a holiday if anyone has any ideas?

Last edited:

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I finally decided to try the caudable sheath that seems popular. Now that I have Apple Care, I can use a thin case, which I prefer. I wanted purple since that’s the color of my phone, but that one’s been sold out for awhile. Settled on the blue, plus I got 30% off. Anyway it makes the 11 feel less bulky. So far really like it.
8E645B80-664E-4DD4-B84D-079CB4A042EE.jpeg
8E645B80-664E-4DD4-B84D-079CB4A042EE.jpeg

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I don't understand.

Why don't case manufactures create a case with a stand, BUT, with the stand being on the other side, so the volume buttons of the case are UP and easy to get to, when the device is using the stand?

Well, inquiring minds want to know...

I bought an Apple Leather case, but, just received my Spigen Tough Armor, with a stand.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL

How is the grip on the Evutec? I remember it not being quite as grippy as the XS Max version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.