Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoothbit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
My 38mm Apple Watch came with a Sport Band that I like the feel of, but it's twice the weight of the silicone band I'm used to wearing with my regular watch.

Does anyone know of any third party silicone bands that weigh ~15g vs. the Sport Band's 30g?

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
From my personal experience:
[1] You can buy bands on Amazon for a fraction of the price. They're typically lighter and cheaper. None have broken for me, but I assume there's a greater risk.
[2] Apple's are the best in terms of quality and feel (and there might be reliability testing involved on their part which increases the price but ensures your watch doesn't fall off).

Reactions: Agile55

smoothbit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
From my personal experience:
[1] You can buy bands on Amazon for a fraction of the price. They're typically lighter and cheaper. None have broken for me, but I assume there's a greater risk.
Thanks for the advice, can you recommend any brands in particular?

smoothbit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014

PugMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2019
Apple‘s sport bands are fluoroelastomer, not silicone, that’s why they weight more. Personally, I hate them and sell them asap. The silicone ones are nicer, lighter, don’t stain as easily and none has ever broken so far. I buy them from Amazon, there are some really good quality ones out there. I know most people prefer the feel of the fluoroelastomer, but for me, they feel like a cold, dead fish :eek::D

• Haha
Reactions: ruslan120

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
so, what are the best silicone band vendors on Amazon ... seems like there are quite a few to pick from .....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.