Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I have the latest version of iOS 9 on an iPhone 6s and an iPad Mini 4, and my experience is very clearly that Siri has gotten much worse at speech recognition / dictation, making serious mistakes much more frequently.

Is anyone else finding this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like this is something that some people expeience at times while others don't.

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
my fiancee loves siri and it works for her.

She is lazy at times and she can just ask siri to text me, she loves it.

it seems to work 98% of time for her.

I disabled siri and do not like it at all!

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
I have the latest version of iOS 9 on an iPhone 6s and an iPad Mini 4, and my experience is very clearly that Siri has gotten much worse at speech recognition / dictation, making serious mistakes much more frequently.

Are the phone and iPad new? The voice recognition data is lost when you restore or buy a new device.

I've been getting consistently accurate results with Siri and dictation in iOS 9. I would say I'm a somewhat heavy user of this feature.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008

Yes. I use Siri all the time in the car via Bluetooth and controls on the steering wheel. It is so frustrating that I get so many mistakes. It seems like it has been making more mistakes for a while now...

Google voice recognition works better by leaps and bounds.

SallyMJ

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2018

Oh, YES!!! I can narrow it down. I had a 5C, whose dictation I thought was great. When I got an SE on October 6, 2017, I couldn’t believe how much Siri had unlearned in only a day. Why would Apple go BACKWARDS in providing a WORSE Siri in a better phone? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.