Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
I had this issue today with my S4 and my XS Max with the phone in my pocket so it was not too far away. I don’t think the problem is SE only.
Apple really disappointed this iOS round. They're just like the video game publishers now. When they get too big, they just pump out the AAA title ASAP and patch the hell out of it for the next 6 months. Meanwhile the devoted have paid full price for the game, or in this case, the iPhone 11/11 Pros and AW5s.

Reactions: Saludos

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Do we have news about “our” issue?
As I mentioned in another post, I have another “bug” related to this issue. I experience AirPods continual disconnections, I use AirPods gen 1. The issue is evident when I wear my Apple Watch and Use Siri. I’ve read other users had experiencing the same: they say no issue with AirPods gen2 or pro. My guess is that iOS 13 WatchOS 6 have forgotten AirPods gen1 (it seems like Apple’s engineers had said: “who cares, AirPods lifespan is a little more than 2 years, all AirPods gen 1 around are almost 3years old, why should we bother and fix this?“.
I think it’s a realistic point of view. Someone else here with AirPods 1 disconnection issue using Siri + Apple Watch?

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
As far as my next update, it will be when the public GM versions of 13.3 and 6.1.X are released. The worse issue I have is my AW5's Siri cannot pull up messages app, no matter how I summon her/it before the request. no matter if connected to my SE, or on cellular. Then, it's Siri stuttering and AW5 phone problems while connected to some models of iPhones via bluetooth..

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
I have the same problem with s5 and my SE. Ask Siri and it tells me it lost connection and then immediately it will complete task.

I haven’t disconnected WiFi or Bluetooth with SE and s5.

From your watch face, could you prompt Siri to message/text one of your contacts? Does it complete the task? If yes, what is your iOS and WatchOS versions?

For me, Siri reponds "sorry, there was a problem with the app". It has an option below to tap to open messages. When I do, it just goes back to my watch face. Maybe because I am on the latest iOS 13.3 beta?

FerMadrid

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2019
Hi all. I’ve experienced another bug, when practicing sports like running and bike, using a chest strap from Polar to obtain more data and more accurate info about heart rate. It always worked perfectly until 6.0 watchOS, now the AW4 doesn’t register that data and just collect the data from the inbuilt heart rate sensor of the watch. It’s clear that it is another BLUETOOH issue.
I am reporting all these issues but losing any faith in a solution from Apple. I also report the ghost call bug during a contact by phone with Apple care, I was lucky cause in the first attempt the call doesn’t engage and Apple could track line code to review errors.
This is frustrating and I am getting tired of this, any idea of whatelse we could do to force Apple...
Regards

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Hi all. I’ve experienced another bug, when practicing sports like running and bike, using a chest strap from Polar to obtain more data and more accurate info about heart rate. It always worked perfectly until 6.0 watchOS, now the AW4 doesn’t register that data and just collect the data from the inbuilt heart rate sensor of the watch. It’s clear that it is another BLUETOOH issue.
I am reporting all these issues but losing any faith in a solution from Apple. I also report the ghost call bug during a contact by phone with Apple care, I was lucky cause in the first attempt the call doesn’t engage and Apple could track line code to review errors.
This is frustrating and I am getting tired of this, any idea of whatelse we could do to force Apple...
Regards

I don’t know what we can do. I’m in contact with Apple support I can say I work for free as beta tester since 2 months (I’ve sent videos, I keep myself available for remote diagnostics, it means: time spent In order to collaborate and to be cooperative) after 2 months no solution. I think Apple “takes time” hoping to solve it with a next update.
I think we should ask for a compensation. I fully payed a product that half works
We should remember that the brand new feature “raise to speak” worked after 4 months, it wasn’t ready for the prime time! In my experience my Apple Watch worked as advertised only 6 months in a year. Not what I mean for “Apple quality”

Reactions: FerMadrid

FerMadrid

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2019
I don’t know what we can do. I’m in contact with Apple support I can say I work for free as beta tester since 2 months (I’ve sent videos, I keep myself available for remote diagnostics, it means: time spent In order to collaborate and to be cooperative) after 2 months no solution. I think Apple “takes time” hoping to solve it with a next update.
I think we should ask for a compensation. I fully payed a product that half works
We should remember that the brand new feature “raise to speak” worked after 4 months, it wasn’t ready for the prime time! In my experience my Apple Watch worked as advertised only 6 months in a year. Not what I mean for “Apple quality”
True Saludos, it’s like we are wasting our time and effort. I will ask for a compensation if Apple doesn’t fix it by the end of the year, not very optimistic in obtaining something. I would also accept just a downgrade of watchOS but it’s not possible.

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Hi everyone. As I posted in this thread I’m in contact with Apple support (since 2 months) in order to obtain solutions/workarounds for our issue. Today they called me, admitting they looked into the problem (they were able to reproduce the bug, I think) they’ve found the issue. The bug is reported as “high priority”, it means it could be fixed in a next WatchOs/iOS release.
I really hope this was not a “standard” answer, only to take some more time, again! Someone else here is in contact with Apple support and can confirm this information?

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
Hi everyone. As I posted in this thread I’m in contact with Apple support (since 2 months) in order to obtain solutions/workarounds for our issue. Today they called me, admitting they looked into the problem (they were able to reproduce the bug, I think) they’ve found the issue. The bug is reported as “high priority”, it means it could be fixed in a next WatchOs/iOS release.
I really hope this was not a “standard” answer, only to take some more time, again! Someone else here is in contact with Apple support and can confirm this information?

Haven’t heard anything, but it’s encouraging since Apple called you.

FerMadrid

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2019
That sounds great Saludos. I am in touch with Apple Support and waiting for feedback this Thursday. I was seeking in the official Apple forums https://communities.apple.com but didn’t find our issues, it could be convenient to replicate there this forum in aim to to obtain direct Apple support there..

sprucemoose

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
I also wanted to suggest that people email Tim Cook and Craig Federighi about this as I’ve done. Be sure to link to this thread and the one on Apple Discussions, and mention any case numbers or bug IDs you have with support or engineering.

This may seem pointless, but I believe it has worked in the past to get resources into fixing bugs on older devices that otherwise were not being prioritised.

Please be respectful, but clear about the gravity of the situation.

tcook@apple.com
federighi@apple.com

scania471

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2018
Hi everyone! I would like to connect to this thread as I have the same issues. I ask Siri for weather with Hey Siri, then she responds after a few seconds, sometimes even after 7-10 seconds, starts her speech then she says: Oh oh, lost the connection. Let me try that again! After that, she finishes her speech. It happens nearly every time I use Siri. 40mm S4 6.1 and SE 13.2.3. Siri takes a lot of time to answer if I have a complicated watch face. Tried re-pairing, solved the problem for a few days, then it came back. :((

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
I also wanted to suggest that people email Tim Cook and Craig Federighi about this as I’ve done. Be sure to link to this thread and the one on Apple Discussions, and mention any case numbers or bug IDs you have with support or engineering.

This may seem pointless, but I believe it has worked in the past to get resources into fixing bugs on older devices that otherwise were not being prioritised.

Please be respectful, but clear about the gravity of the situation.

tcook@apple.com
federighi@apple.com

Thank you for the advice.
We should let them know about the issue, we iPhone SE users aren’t “minor” customers. And, again, this isn’t a minor bug. It’s a serious bug that make my Apple Watch + AirPods value drop from 620 euros to 20 (since 2 months my watch is almost useless like a crappy watch)
I also asked them about a sort of compensation. It’s about mutual responsibility and fairness.
Quality has a price I willingly pay good quality is the “extra value” I pay Apple for.
But please, Apple, don’t let customers “pay” your mistakes. That’s unfair.

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
Update with WatchOS 6.1.1 installed, Siri started working straight away and other apps are connecting much quicker through the iPhone. Back to before Watch 6os original update! Only been testing for 10 minutes but so far so good.
now just got to install 13.3 on the iPhone, fingers crossed!

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
Further update, 30 minutes in and Siri is faulting all over again, apps slow to connect as well. Going to go through the rigamarole of switching off, re-pairing etc etc.
hopes were raised and then dashed..... :(

Illusion500

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2016
I can also confirm no help with the new update. I now have 6.1.1 on the series 4 watch and Siri showed all the same issues as before with "lost the connection" and failed dictation and slow to no responses. I then subsequently updated my iPhone SE to 13.3 and confirmed that all the complaints listed here remain.

Hopes dashed!

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
I spent another hour or so with support who could offer no comfort of an impending update.
he made an appointment for me to take it to an Apple store for exchange. If that happens I won’t be updating to Os 6 which means I miss out on some of the other Features like how it interacts with an iMac.

Can’t win.

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
I spent another hour or so with support who could offer no comfort of an impending update.
he made an appointment for me to take it to an Apple store for exchange. If that happens I won’t be updating to Os 6 which means I miss out on some of the other Features like how it interacts with an iMac.

Can’t win.
I’m also still in contact with support, another hour today. Just to let them collect other data from my watch and iPhone. You say “exchange”? Do they think the problem is the Apple Watch not iPhone SE? It sounds strange. Or do they think the update has impacted on the Apple Watch hardware?

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
I’m also still in contact with support, another hour today. Just to let them collect other data from my watch and iPhone. You say “exchange”? Do they think the problem is the Apple Watch not iPhone SE? It sounds strange. Or do they think the update has impacted on the Apple Watch hardware?

not specific really, he suggested a hardware problem in the watch, I said my view was it is an OS6 problem between the watch and SE. He said I can expect to come out of the Apple stores with a working watch, I’m afraid I really have no idea what’s going to happen but if the watch is exchanged and updated to OS6 based on other people’s experiences I would expect the exact same problems.

i think I’ll walk out with a new watch on OS5 and not be able to update it until a bug release finally happens. I’ll update when I know on Monday.

NewsView

Suspended
Dec 11, 2019
USA
Wondering if anybody else is experiencing intermittent problems with Siri on an Apple Watch series 4 after updating to WatchOS6 and IOS 13?

The symptoms are that intermittently (about 75% of the time) when I ask Siri using the watch for something she stalls for several seconds then either tells me to “hang on a minute” or “working on it” then failing, to takes several seconds before startup no to answer but her voice is cut off after a second or two long before she has finished.

She does, from time to time, work very quickly. There is no pattern to how she is going to respond.

The failures occur on diverse questions such as the weather, a maths calculation, an enquiry for which Siri must access the web or anything else.

I have tried resetting the network on my iPhone SE iOS 13, rebooted the watch, reset the watch to factory settings and repaired with the iPhone, inside on the house WiFi and outside on 4g but the problem persists.

Before the update Siri worked perfectly on the watch, very snappy and successful with what I asked her.

My watch is the 44mm series 4, iPhone as above.

I went into my local Apple store and they had not heard of this fault but apparently I’ve covered everything they would do so their advice was to hope it’s fixed in the next release. I have seen another thread about problems with Siri shortcuts on the latest release watchOS which could be linked I suppose?

I can’t be the only one in the world with this issue surely!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.