Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eugeny Onegin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
On my latest Catalina (10.15.2) in my current macos account I have a low wifi speed, around 15-20 Mbps. When I create a new macos account and switch to it, the speed grows to 85-95 Mbps. I checked VPN, it is not turned on, I created a new location for Wi-Fi, nothing helps. For tests i use speedtest.net.

How I can fix that problem? Thank you.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Download Onyx and clear all caches. Hopefully this will clear up the problem.

Also, the current version of Catalina is 10.5.1, unless you're running the beta.

Eugeny Onegin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
I used OnyX with default options. After reboot I see no changes in speed. Maybe I can change any options? Thanks.

PrincipeAzzurro

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
Berlin, Germany
I used OnyX with default options. After reboot I see no changes in speed. Maybe I can change any options? Thanks.
I have the exact same problem - exact same rates, too - and obviously already ran onyx and the compulsory Terminal command (sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder). But to no avail. Interestingly, the machine has the correct (near to the connection max) rates when connected to Ethernet (using a USB-C Ethernet adaptor, since my machine is a MacBook Pro 15' mid 2019').
BTW I read in many other forums that people are having the exact same problem - but no solution yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.