Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Blue cobalt inside versus outside

f42274cf762aaf169330254c3643712b.jpg
18295f1a26fa7b4da9176f63147f4b77.jpg

lexikon318

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Anyone have any pics wearing the midnight blue sports band?

Trying to mix things up since I’ve mainly used the black band that came with my Space Gray Apple Watch 4.

My wife talked me into buying a pure platinum/black Nike sports band but I just couldn’t get used to it since I’ve always been more fond of dark colors. It’s definitely nice but just not for me.

Also, does the anthracite/black Nike band have any contrast at all or does the whole thing look just black? Thanks!

lexikon318

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Under very bright light you can see a difference. Under normal use, it's hard to tell. I had it for a long time before I really examined it & saw that they were two colors. I'll try to get some pictures.

I actually stopped by the Apple store the other day and checked it out in person. I’ll definitely be grabbing that band next but for now, I’m really enjoying the midnight blue!

00658e0cee49a533ca5d88c2203f3a52.jpg

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Midnight blue could of been a really good color. I wanted to love mine but it looked nearly black in most inside lighting.. thats about the time I set out to find a cobalt or horizon band haha.

Reactions: twanj and CarlJ

lexikon318

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Midnight blue could of been a really good color. I wanted to love mine but it looked nearly black in most inside lighting.. thats about the time I set out to find a cobalt or horizon band haha.

I haven’t felt that way at all. The blue has been evident to me since I’ve been wearing it, even while driving at night. I’m a huge fan of navy.

I was wearing my wife’s horizon band for a couple days and that was far too blue for me ha

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm a fan of all things blue so from my perspective, you can't go wrong with any of them :cool: That said, I'm happy with Midnight and Horizon, they both offer something different.

lhslicer

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2019
New England
That's... a problem with a lot of Apple's Watch bands. There's a few of the leather ones I totally would have bought if they'd offered them with black hardware instead of (as well as) silver hardware. It's like they don't want the owners of Space Gray or Space Black watches to buy any of the leather bands (other than the Leather Loop). It bothers me a bit less with some of the other bands, I suppose, because the hardware doesn't stick out beyond the watch body, so it's a little less noticeable.
Check out OLPR.com for leather with black hardware. I have one of their bands and am very happy with it. Band lengths may run long or seem to.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Fog and Concrete are really nice adds and perfect match for Space Gray, in my opinion! Ultra Violet is, well, ultra cool. That's one that's on my grail list. Me and MANY others! Congrats on those additions.

Thanks! I may end up selling the violet but my current collection is at 7 sport bands currently and 7 sport loops. I am essentially done until a new season arrives. Only ones i am looking for now is a second gen red band!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.