Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Here is the bright blue leather loop. Got it from the eBay seller that everyone is saying is genuine or very close.

Two different types of lighting in these pics. As some say this band is more of a navy blue than bright in my opinion.

9ad8e75c14efd05d75b46876e4df5bdc.jpg
ec092e788fa81dbd363f4611fb341173.jpg

twanj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
anyone recommend a decent looking strap for s5 space grey please

You've got 5 pages with pics to decide for yourself :)

Some of my favs:

Space Black Link Bracelet & Milanese,

Bands: Ultraviolet, Denim, Royal Blue, Pure Platinum/Black, Yellow, Obsidian/Black, Black/Hyper Grape, Blue Orbit Gamma Blue, Royal Pulse/Black, Dragonfruit

Loops: Indigo, Bright Crimson/Black, Midnight Blue (old & new), Midnight Fog, Hyper Grape, Cerulean, Spicy Orange, Flash Light

twanj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Reactions: CarlJ

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Anyone got a pic with the pine green sports band?
Well, you didn’t say a good pic... I’ll give it a try.

Pine Green (on Space Gray), midday sun filtered through car windshield, surrounded by Product Red (1st), new Pink Blast Nike, Spearmint, and DragonFruit. The third pic, on wrist, seems the most true to life to me ( @twanj will likely be along soon with better pics). It’s a grayish green, and I didn’t have high expectations going in, but it turns out I really like it.

7EE680C9-F229-4783-B647-6FEA11D49AF8.jpeg DB75E64B-839D-4DA3-8E74-AF744D36F889.jpeg 546CC8DB-D628-43BA-959B-7F85B3E965BE.jpeg

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I haven't been wearing it long, but it feels good & substantial.

Almost as adjustable as a sport loop, but more solid.

How are they with water/wetness?
Do you have to be careful when washing your hands?

Well they're leather so they are going to be absorbent. No worries washing your hands any more than any other band. I treat my leather with conditioner. Pick one you like, I've had good luck with Obaneuf's.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
I haven't been wearing it long, but it feels good & substantial.

Almost as adjustable as a sport loop, but more solid.

How are they with water/wetness?
Do you have to be careful when washing your hands?

I agree in how great this band looks and feels. It's my favorite combo so far. I also have the Apple Black Milanese which I like but this bright blue leather looks so good on space grey.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I'm not a fan of metal adapters on Space Grey. Call me crazy, but I couldn't stand looking at a metal adapter that didn't match the space gray finish. My OCD would get the better of me. Now if it was a perfect match that would be a completely different story. I just don't see too many that match.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Call me crazy, but I couldn't stand looking at a metal adapter that didn't match the space gray finish.
Not crazy at all. I think it's a foolish move on Apple's part (as well as a snub to all the people who chose Space Gray or Space Black watches, not expecting Apple would treat us as second class citizens) - there are a bunch of leather bands I would have bought if Apple had offered them with black lugs. I can deal with having hardware that's a closer match to Space Black, on my Space Gray watch, but bands connecting to a Space Gray watch with shiny silver hardware is an ugly clash - they designed the adapters to seamlessly blend in, and talked early on of how elegant that connection is. So why have two clashing colors? I know it means fewer SKUs, but tough. They decided the path, and they promoted it as being fashionable and pretty... the least they could do is to get the parts to match up. I can deal with the pin or buckle being shiny silver (if it goes with the leather) because it's on the opposite side of the watch, but the lugs/connectors need to be black. The least they could do would be to sell official Apple-labeled adapter parts in black in their stores, so I could swap it myself (not an ideal solution, but better than nothing) - the few 3rd party adapters I tried did not fit as well as the real Apple ones (and an insecure fit leaves one worrying about the safety of the watch).

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Not crazy at all. I think it's a foolish move on Apple's part (as well as a snub to all the people who chose Space Gray or Space Black watches, not expecting Apple would treat us as second class citizens) - there are a bunch of leather bands I would have bought if Apple had offered them with black lugs. I can deal with having hardware that's a closer match to Space Black, on my Space Gray watch, but bands connecting to a Space Gray watch with shiny silver hardware is an ugly clash - they designed the adapters to seamlessly blend in, and talked early on of how elegant that connection is. So why have two clashing colors? I know it means fewer SKUs, but tough. They decided the path, and they promoted it as being fashionable and pretty... the least they could do is to get the parts to match up. I can deal with the pin or buckle being shiny silver (if it goes with the leather) because it's on the opposite side of the watch, but the lugs/connectors need to be black. The least they could do would be to sell official Apple-labeled adapter parts in black in their stores, so I could swap it myself (not an ideal solution, but better than nothing) - the few 3rd party adapters I tried did not fit as well as the real Apple ones (and an insecure fit leaves one worrying about the safety of the watch).

I'm pretty much in agreement in that I think current bands that are only available with natural SS finish are a missed opportunity for Apple. While I'd much prefer to have a space gray option with lugs, I could live with space black as I think it would be close enough and be a good compromise for SG aluminum and SBSS.

As an aside, I have two bands from FFF and during the ordering process you can can select which color lugs you want with their leather bands as well as the pin. That's pretty cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.