Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cudo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
In my head.
Hi, does anyone know of any app that main purpose is speedometer? Waze has a speed gauge in the corner but I wold like something more polished, and more of a stand alone app rather than tiny icon.

Any advice appreciated.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi, does anyone know of any app that main purpose is speedometer? Waze has a speed gauge in the corner but I wold like something more polished, and more of a stand alone app rather than tiny icon.

Any advice appreciated.

Not aware of anything that is CarPlay ready/capable/compatible.

cudo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
In my head.
Thanks for your help. I wonder why noone thought of this yet? Maybe Carply limits its for some reason.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Thanks for your help. I wonder why noone thought of this yet? Maybe Carply limits its for some reason.

Indeed. Apple only allows certain categories of apps in the CarPlay environment... currently it's limited to audio apps (music, podcasting, etc), navigation apps (maps, garage door openers, etc), phone and messaging. They have only added their own calendar app starting with iOS 13. I have long thought that weather apps should be allowed, as they could be quite useful while not being distracting.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.