Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have that stand with my S3 and it came with a little rubber pad to apply to the lower part of where the Watch rests to raise the 3 up a little to match up with the magnet. I'm wondering if with the larger 5 you still have that pad on there and you need to peel it off?

Reactions: staggerlee41

Cruz3LT

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Seattle, Washington
mine doesn't work with my S5 either. The magnet/charging part sits too high. I purchased another stand that has a built in AW charger and wireless iPhone charger also so I don't have to use any of the apple chargers. The tricky part with the watch is that the band has to hang towards the rear and not directly down.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Peel off that pad as @Weaselboy mentioned. I did so with my S4 and it was a better fit. I am a big fan of Spigen cases, that's mostly all I use but I'm not so much a fan of their watch stands because both of the ones I've tried seem to require more effort and focus on precise placement. The one that works best for me is the Orzly. You just put the watch in and it charges. Every time.

Reactions: twanj

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
This worked great for my series 1 but my new series 5 is having a tough time sitting correctly and charging correctly. any one else have this trouble?

Any alternatives that work better?

I have a Series 2 (42mm) and the Spigen stand worked great. Last year I bought a 44mm Series 4 and noticed that the watch would “ding” at night several times. I tried all kinds of things to remedy the situation! I gave up...until recently!!!

I did some research and discovered that Apple changed the part number of the charging puck and their own white charging stand. I pulled the brand new cable out of my Series 4 box and did notice a slight difference in the depth of the charging puck. It’s very subtle, but it’s there!

I bought a new 2m charging puck from BB last week and replaced the older 2m puck that was hooked up in the Spigen stand. Guess what??? NO MORE ISSUES!!!!

I hope that helps. It was completely frustrating. My wife has a 40mm and that watch doesn’t seem to be effected.

Reactions: twanj

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have a Series 2 (42mm) and the Spigen stand worked great. Last year I bought a 44mm Series 4 and noticed that the watch would “ding” at night several times. I tried all kinds of things to remedy the situation! I gave up...until recently!!!

I did some research and discovered that Apple changed the part number of the charging puck and their own white charging stand. I pulled the brand new cable out of my Series 4 box and did notice a slight difference in the depth of the charging puck. It’s very subtle, but it’s there!

I bought a new 2m charging puck from BB last week and replaced the older 2m puck that was hooked up in the Spigen stand. Guess what??? NO MORE ISSUES!!!!

I hope that helps. It was completely frustrating. My wife has a 40mm and that watch doesn’t seem to be effected.

WOW !!! Someone else has the same issue I have and now I know why. Thank you so much for that. My Apple Watch Series 4 was also “dinging” several times at night and my Series 5 is doing the same. I was really baffled as to why they were doing that. I’m using a Spigen stand with the same charging puck I got with the original Apple Watch and now I know the reason why. I need to use the puck that came with my Series 5. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.