Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadbaser813

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2013
Won't let me restore back up of my ipad due to it being locked. Can't unlock due to it being stuck in boot lock Smh hmmmm. Help...

pman219

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
Rochester, NY
I have searched.
And am not 100% certain I've found the answer, so please don't flame me.

Having GPS issues so I want to take my phone in.
Running 6.1.2 jailbroken (obviously)

#1- I don't want them updating to 6.1.3
#2- I don't want them seeing I'm jailbroken bc they won't touch it.

I have my blobs.
So, can I restore to 6.1.2 without the JB
go have it looked at,
then re-jailbreak ?

And a side note, I'm sure that if I get a replacement, it will be running 6.1.3 correct ?

TYIA

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I have searched.
And am not 100% certain I've found the answer, so please don't flame me.

Having GPS issues so I want to take my phone in.
Running 6.1.2 jailbroken (obviously)

#1- I don't want them updating to 6.1.3
#2- I don't want them seeing I'm jailbroken bc they won't touch it.

I have my blobs.
So, can I restore to 6.1.2 without the JB
go have it looked at,
then re-jailbreak ?

And a side note, I'm sure that if I get a replacement, it will be running 6.1.3 correct ?

TYIA

#1: they will most likely ask you to update your firmware to make sure it's not a hardware issue.
# 2: they WILL touch your phone, and will either deny service should they see its jailbroken (and may blacklist your devices' warranty), or ask that you remove the jailbreak, update to the latest firmware and come back.

- blobs at the moment are useless, we're hoping someone finds a way to make them useful again, in the meantime all we can do is save them. So, No, you won't be able to downgrade (unless you have an iPhone 4 or below).

It's not so likely they have updated their stock, they probably still have 6.1.2 on their stock, better hurry though, the weekend is almost over and you may just be too late.

khenryashley

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2013
the iTunes (and the iCloud) backups keep * all * included files/paths used by Cydia and applications/tweaks

My daughter is having my iPad in about 6 weeks but she doesn't want it with the jailbreak.
I had some time on my hands today and i thought i would run my ipad without the jailbreak for the next few weeks so I restored to factory settings then restored it to the backup I did prior to the restore.
I presume from the statement above that the files/paths used by Cydia have been put back onto my iPad.

When I get my new iPad in a few weeks and I do a restore from my old iPad (this one) will these files be put on the new iPad.
If so will this validate the warranty if I have a problem with the iPad.
What is the solution if this is the case.
Thanks

bigalow

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
I've read many threads on this site and other sites about restoring/upgrading my iPhone4 to 6.1.2 but I am still having issues getting my phone restored. I would greatly appreciate some help from anyone willing to offer. If this is not the proper place for my questions, please kindly point me to the proper location.

Background:
Iphone 4
Version: 6.1 (10B144)
Carrier: AT&T 14.0
Model: MC536LL/A
Modem Firmware: 04.12.05

--Cydia has stored and I have fetched..
iPhone3,1 (xxxxx number) remote blobs:
6.1.2, 6.1, 6.0.1,

--I used redsn0w 0.9.15b3 to stitch the locally saved 6.1.2 shsh files. I used the downloaded ipsw: iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw

--I have edited my host file several different ways - with and without commenting out the different IP gs.apple.com addresses. Currently I have the file set to:
#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

--Used TinyUmbrella-6.12.00 to start TSS server

--I then place my phone in PWNed DFU mode and alt/option + restore iphone in iTunes (11.0.2). At this point itunes begins the restore process but always stalls then ends in the error message:
"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1601)."

note: I have tried leaving the Redsn0w both running and shut down after placing the phone in PWNed DFU mode.

--If I attempt a similar process without placing the phone in DFU mode 1st (alt/option + restore iphone in iTunes (11.0.2)), I get this result:
"The iPhone "(name) iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (11)." After this process, the iphone has the image on the screen where a usb cable points at the itunes icon.

I feel like I am missing/overlooking something simple. Again, I would greatly appreciate some help from anyone willing to offer. Thanks in advance!

bigalow

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012

rusty2006

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
Jailbreak on ipad 1

I just attempted to jailbreak my ipad 1 (ios 5.1.1) and it failed the first few times but i kept trying. finally it went through all the steps and worked, i put it on charge and then cydia was gone. How can i fix this? i tried to rejailbreak it but it says it is jailbroken and cant do anything else.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
So after going through many pages i am still unclear if i can do a clean install of 6.1.2

In the past I just had to change the host file so it did not point to apple, press ctrl and just pick the firmware i wanted to re install.

Still work this way?

avontcu

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2013
Only works for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.

So, once I click that "restore" button and the device starts being restored - will my iphone be now blank? If it will be blank then how do I get everything back in the device if it is blank.

keepaheadback

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
Originally Posted by Shockwave78 View Post

So after going through many pages i am still unclear if i can do a clean install of 6.1.2

In the past I just had to change the host file so it did not point to apple, press ctrl and just pick the firmware i wanted to re install.

Still work this way?

46clems

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
I have read a few websites and forums trying find the answer to this and most of it is way over my head so I am hoping someone here can help by keeping it simple.

Out of the blue my jailbroken iPhone 3gs begun repeatedly restarting itself until the battery was exhausted. I connected it to my macbook to charge it and accidentally updated it! I go nowhere following online instructions to re-jailbreak it, which left me trapped me on the "activation" screen. So today I got it properly unlocked/jailbroken again and all of my contacts and notes are gone (I expected this, but its frustrating!).

If I connect it iTunes again and sync it with the last back up I have will I get all my info back or is it a dead loss?

My settings are:
Version 4.1 (8B117)
Modem Firmware 06.15.00

and I am unsure which version it was running before I got it jailbroken today. Any SIMPLE instructions would be very much appreciated. :)

iAlphard

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
I have a question. If i decide to jailbreak my iphone 5 with 6.1.2 and then something in the system went wrong so i want to restore to 6.1.2 and retry to jailbreak it, is it possible to do that? or if you restore the phone it will definitely update to 6.1.3?

krysis419

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2013
iphone 3gs

hi i am new here and i have little knowledge with iphone 3gs cuz i recently had one. I want to restore to update my iphone from 4.1 to 6.1.3 using itunes automatic restoe from apple.....because i have tried diffeent methods to restore but i keep getting errors.....so i want to know if the automatic update from apple will work smoothly.....

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
hi i am new here and i have little knowledge with iphone 3gs cuz i recently had one. I want to restore to update my iphone from 4.1 to 6.1.3 using itunes automatic restoe from apple.....because i have tried diffeent methods to restore but i keep getting errors.....so i want to know if the automatic update from apple will work smoothly.....

Is your phone carrier locked?
what is your current BaseBand ( Radio portion of the firmware) you can find it under settings/general/info at the bottom modversion

If it goes smooth depends on the curremt setup

Zeke5720

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2013
Need help

First off I have NO clue what I am doing. I have a iphone 5 that is jailbroke and would like to upgrade to the new os. I do not care about loosing any or all data on the phone. Any advice on how to go about update to the new os tomarrow?

Once again I have no tech skills. My friend jailbroke my phone but is no longer lives in the area.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
First off I have NO clue what I am doing. I have a iphone 5 that is jailbroke and would like to upgrade to the new os. I do not care about loosing any or all data on the phone. Any advice on how to go about update to the new os tomarrow?

Once again I have no tech skills. My friend jailbroke my phone but is no longer lives in the area.

Just hit restore in itunes

emkfr

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
Guys, Is there a trick to update my iPhone 4 currently on iOS 5.0.1 (non-jailbreak) to iOS 6 ?

I know that Apple isn't signing anymore iOS 6 but maybe if I JB my iOS 5, maybe it becomes possible ?

(I do not have shsh blobs for iOS 6)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Guys, Is there a trick to update my iPhone 4 currently on iOS 5.0.1 (non-jailbreak) to iOS 6 ?

I know that Apple isn't signing anymore iOS 6 but maybe if I JB my iOS 5, maybe it becomes possible ?

(I do not have shsh blobs for iOS 6)

No upgrade without blobs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.