Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
The pc web page tv.apple.com seems to be working. I just watched a series episode over 15 Min. I did not do any tricks like hit advance 10 or use a chrome extension. I did notice that if I left the show and came back it started at the beginning again, not where I left off. If anyone can confirm the improvement, please post a reply.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Issue is still there, as reported in the OP. Incredible!

Gonna hit up the torrents to avoid this crap.

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
Am having a lot of the same issues mentioned above - Streaming will freeze round the 40-50 Min mark screen goes to black. Has happened with every Episode of Tehran. Am using a Mac Pro on Mojave with Safari 14.0. Ironically am to able finish watching on either an iPad or an older MBP running High Sierra. This does not happen with Netflix.
Also the UI seems very clunky and un-responsive at times.

A most un-  Experience!

The_Interloper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Tried watching Long Way Up on the weekend in the ATV app on an LG 4K OLED TV. Basically unwatchable. Started playing (looked incredible, BTW) but would stutter and break up every few seconds. No options in the app to limit streaming to 1080p to see if that changed things.

Constantly stream on fibre internet in 4K HDR from Amazon Prime, Netflix etc with zero issues. My ATV+ sub is due to renew in November; this service is DOA if it doesn’t work flawlessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.