Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anderton

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Sweden
Yay. So, let me break it down.
My whole library (13 TB) is encoded with different versions of iFlicks.
Subtitles displays fine on: tvOS 12.x, AppleTV 3, iTunes (still using Mojave), Quicktime Player, IINA, Mplayer, WD Live TV gen 3 and Nvidia Shield.

But not on tvOS 13 on Apple TV 4 HD. Ok. So either Apple is nitpicky for the implementation, or iFlicks has screwed over customers over the years by doing things the wrong way.

It's not a viable option to process the whole library thru some new ”fixed” version of iFlicks, or using Subler (great software btw, the only reason i haven't used it for the library is i find the iFlicks UI better).

Yippe.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
It's not a viable option to process the whole library thru some new ”fixed” version of iFlicks, or using Subler (great software btw, the only reason i haven't used it for the library is i find the iFlicks UI better).
Could you please, for the sake of completeness, post some pics with subtitle settings (like mine above), that iFlicks has created?

Anderton

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Sweden
Could you please, for the sake of completeness, post some pics with subtitle settings (like mine above), that iFlicks has created?

I'm in a bad spot (i'll will upload later if necessary), but the only difference between your screenshot in Subler, is that the offset is 0x0

Anderton

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Sweden
If both offset values are 0, would mean, they should be displayed in upper left corner.

The first screenshot is a file encoded with iFlicks 3.x using the iTunes Compatible preset.
The second one is encoded with Handbrake using 720p Very Fast preset.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 11.33.25.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 12.10.00.png

locklin

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2006
Yay. So, let me break it down.
My whole library (13 TB) is encoded with different versions of iFlicks.
Subtitles displays fine on: tvOS 12.x, AppleTV 3, iTunes (still using Mojave), Quicktime Player, IINA, Mplayer, WD Live TV gen 3 and Nvidia Shield.

But not on tvOS 13 on Apple TV 4 HD. Ok. So either Apple is nitpicky for the implementation, or iFlicks has screwed over customers over the years by doing things the wrong way.

Yippe.

Exactly the same thing for me and, for Subler to fix it I need to export each subtitle, delete them for the file metadata, save the file and re import the exported subtitles and save again. That's not a viable option after using iFlicks for so many time...

locklin

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2006
Look into batch processing of Subler. If you can just set the subtitle display coordinates correctly on existing tracks, can you spare the export-import overhead.

For future files this is the correct approach but for already converted files this won't work as I need to export the subs, delete them, save the file, re-add subs and save again, unless I'm missing something, this is not going to be possible with batch processing.

I found out iFlicks 3.2.1 fixes this issue, but still need to reprocess the whole library...

TitiBoy

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2020
Any news ho to fix this except from upgrade to iflicks 3? I'm still using iFlicks 2 and the subs are ok when streaming through ATV3...I use the older ATV3 in two rooms and the subs works perfectly encoded by iFlicks 2...same old problems with ATV4...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.