Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I like anker products. I use their batteries and chargers. I'm sure this will be top quality stuff

Reactions: GenesisST

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Thank goodness Anker is coming with a USB-C lineup. I got some of the cables from Chinese companies and none of them worked (I live in Japan and Amazon Japan has its limitations.)

EDIT:
Holy crap they have a USB-C output external batteries!? This is gonna be AWESOME!
for those curious, the name is 'PowerCore+ USB-C 26800' under PowerCore USB-C series.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Yeah anker imo is a very reputable company. I've enjoyed many products from them.

And no I'm not paid by them lol

tutux

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
But how do you get power to the MacBook with it?

This 30$ device is just a spare USB/Ethernet when needed (exactly like I cary my thunderbolt-ethernet today.

I don't need the charger when plugged.

But look at the rest of the lineup, they will release all our dreams!
Docks with only once cable for all, battery/usb hub, etc..

As I love the quality of their product (and the prices as well), i'm very enthusiast to see them coming on this market

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
This 30$ device is just a spare USB/Ethernet when needed (exactly like I cary my thunderbolt-ethernet today.

I don't need the charger when plugged.

But look at the rest of the lineup, they will release all our dreams!
Docks with only once cable for all, battery/usb hub, etc..

As I love the quality of their product (and the prices as well), i'm very enthusiast to see them coming on this market

It needs to have power capability. I've been working at a customer site for the past month with my Surface Pro 3 where I'm provided only with Ethernet. I have a usb-ethernet adapter with 3 USB ports similar to this, but if I couldn't charge at the same time, it'd be a major PITA. As it is, I still want USB-C on this device so I could have more power through those USB hubs without yet another power brick.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I can see your point. When I first spotted this thread I was expecting to see news of a battery pack with USB-C connectivity.

I really should learn not to post until I'm fully awake in the mornings! I've just noticed that they do list a number of new generation external battery packs with fast charging via USB-C.

They are all 'coming soon' though. Story of my life since the release of the rMB. Exciting prospect nevertheless.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I can see your point. When I first spotted this thread I was expecting to see news of a new battery pack with USB-C connectivity.

There is one. It's called PowerCore+ USB-C.

Oops sry, Didn't see your last post. Looks like I have the same problem haha. On topic, yea, it's listed coming soon for all of them. Wish they release them quickly.

tutux

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
It needs to have power capability. I've been working at a customer site for the past month with my Surface Pro 3 where I'm provided only with Ethernet. I have a usb-ethernet adapter with 3 USB ports similar to this, but if I couldn't charge at the same time, it'd be a major PITA. As it is, I still want USB-C on this device so I could have more power through those USB hubs without yet another power brick.

they will release one, but still to be annouced:

http://www.ianker.com/pages/usbc/
USB-C to 2-Port USB 3.0 and 1-Port USB-C Hub with Ethernet Adapter

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
they will release one, but still to be annouced:

http://www.ianker.com/pages/usbc/
USB-C to 2-Port USB 3.0 and 1-Port USB-C Hub with Ethernet Adapter

No, that's not what I mean.

The closest thing they are listing is that PowerPort+ 1 USB-C and 3 USB. Wish they'd take that a bit further and offer Ethernet on it as well - otherwise you need a dongle for your dongle. :D

tutux

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
No, that's not what I mean.

The closest thing they are listing is that PowerPort+ 1 USB-C and 3 USB. Wish they'd take that a bit further and offer Ethernet on it as well - otherwise you need a dongle for your dongle. :D

oh lets see if the dock is doing it :)

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
60 retail, but 17. One strange review (4 ports? You need plug it in?) Might wait it out and see ;)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Not sure if anybody has seen these, but there are two Kickstarter projects that are offering USB-C to Lightning cables. They are only capable of charging though, so it doesn't eliminate the need for the adapter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ler-double-your-charging-speed?ref=nav_search

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...allest-keyring-cable-on-steroi?ref=nav_search

Monoprice also has a new USB-C to USB adapter that looks interesting, it gets rid of the cable: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10330&cs_id=1033001&p_id=13507&seq=1&format=2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.