Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xystyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2019
Hello, My personal phone (XR) is on 13.1 and my Brothers phone is XS on 12.3.1. His is jailbreakable and mine isn't. Will it work for both of us to sign out of our iCloud then sign in on eachothers phone? I have heard when signing out it updates the IOS to the newest update but I am not sure.
Thanks

LoLife

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
Hello, My personal phone (XR) is on 13.1 and my Brothers phone is XS on 12.3.1. His is jailbreakable and mine isn't. Will it work for both of us to sign out of our iCloud then sign in on eachothers phone? I have heard when signing out it updates the IOS to the newest update but I am not sure.
Thanks

No version above 12.4 is able to jailbreak. That’s yours is not able to be jail broken

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks
If what you have heard were true then my iPhone 6s+ would not still be running iOS 9.0.2. I've signed out of iCloud for various reasons countless times. Other than signing out - nothing happens.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
Thanks

That is not true. You can sight out and in with another account and keep the X's jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.