Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

When I bought Autosleep, it came with HeartWatch and you can take a pulse if you want to see it.
Also, I am not interested in migrating my data from the FitBit, I just started from scratch.

That Autosleep app is pretty amazing. I used it for 2 nights but I am overwhelmed with all the data. It takes a few days I guess to get use to it.

I also have difficulty to sleep and maybe it is a placebo effect but today my Watch logged a better night and I feel better at the office, this morning.

I was walking outside yesterday and it "outdoor walk" appeared. I could see my heart rate live.

So, so far I am happy I switched from Fitbit to my Ceramic Watch.

What is missing is changing the steps and other data but I will change my "move" goal.

FunkyMagicUK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2018
Regarding sleep tracking. There are 3rd party apps for this that are good in my opinion.
charging depends on use.
I charge my watch in the morning for about 20 minutes to top it off after wearing it to sleep. Then in the evening I put in on the charger for an hour or so to top it off before bed.

Its also probably worth pointing out that once youve installed a 3rd party sleep tracking app (like Autosleep) or whatever and granted all the relevant permissions, you can actually remove the app from the Watch, and your sleep will still be analysed and find it’s way directly into the Apple Health system and you basically have first party sleep tracking anyway.

I find it very useful, Health gives a nice overview of sleep...and if I’m ever interested in seeing more detail, I just look at the Autosleep app.

Looking at the “all recorded data” that sits behind the nice analysis, it looks like the phone app somehow queries what movements etc the Watch had during the night, analysis and then writes the various sleeping and awake periods to Health at that single time.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks. Another question related to the following use-case. I want to leave my phone at home while going for an outdoor walk.

What date won't be captured? Is the Watch capable of storing the data while the phone is away and then send it to the iPhone when I come back home?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.