Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skeleton11223

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2017
A4 and earlier: Photon ($5.49 CA)
This browser is very fast and light on resourcws, the last version was made in 2015 and still works on 5.1.1. A small problem I noticed is that it has a small problem loading Google.com but I found a fix for it: Go to var/mobile/applications/Photon/library/preferencesand tap com.appverse.browseriphone.plist, go to the property list viewer and scroll down until you see "deviceua" go ahead and replace that user agent with "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25"
After that, web pages will load better.

A5 and later: Dolphin Pro ($3.99 CA)
This browser is a bit heavier than Photon but it is more modern, the newest version that supports IOS 6 is from 2016. It has a built in adblocker and is overall very fast, it is somewhat usable on an iPhone 4, but it lags a bit.
All devices: Puffin web browser
Uses a web server and updated webkit.
Speeding up these browsers: Nitrous ($0.99 US)
Nitrous is a tweak on Cydia, I highly recommend using this if you are using any IOS below 8, my scores tripled after using it. (Doesn't work with puffin)

Last edited:
Reactions: Avenged110

theteg219

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2023
the best browser i think is would probably be opera mini, its super fast. and you can set bookmarks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.