Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I noticed that the forum is quite slow this morning, and is stalling and hanging and freezing (reminiscent of bad old habits) - and taking an age to actually "pots" a post, ultimately leading to the misfortune of double posting.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Pages very slow to load this evening, and posts difficult to send; one post simply stalled, and refused to actually send the 'post reply'; I was obliged to exit that thread, re-enter, and re-write and attempt to press 'post reply' when sending that post. It worked the second time I attempt to send it.

Reactions: revmacian

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Pages very slow to load this evening, and posts difficult to send; one post simply stalled, and refused to actually send the 'post reply'; I was obliged to exit that thread, re-enter, and re-write and attempt to press 'post reply' when sending that post. It worked the second time I attempt to send it.
Seeing the same here, I was wondering if someone was working on something server-side.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I've had a really hard time with the forums today. I keep getting a 500 internal server error. It also will load for a long time and then time out, I usually have to wait a while after that to get back in.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I noticed that the forums were very slow this morning - and that they cut out completely twice, the first time around noon for 10-15 minutes, and the second time around 20 minutes ago, for 10 or so minutes.
[automerge]1572357618[/automerge]
And again, just now, for a few minutes, the forums seemed to be completely down.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyC28

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I also am having issues with the site being slow.

I realize that there aren't many people 'working' on the site, but why hasn't any explanation been posted in 7 pages of comments?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I also am having issues with the site being slow.

I realize that there aren't many people 'working' on the site, but why hasn't any explanation been posted in 7 pages of comments?

Only the four most recent posts on this thread refer to today's tardy tendencies.

For now, I'd be more than happy if the issue was addressed - as the site has been completely down on at least three occasions today - rather than requesting that an explanation for this be vouchsafed.

Reactions: jbachandouris

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Looks like we had database issues earlier today which affected the whole site, and not just the forums. Trying to track down why, but should be a isolated incident unrelated to previous slow forum stuff

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Looks like we had database issues earlier today which affected the whole site, and not just the forums. Trying to track down why, but should be a isolated incident unrelated to previous slow forum stuff
Thanks for the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.