Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
- x2 PowerMac G3 350 & 400 (In working order and won't die. :D)
- x1 iPod Shuffle (Minor software issue playing Protected AAC's off of the iTunes Store after May 2005. This might have been solved in the latest iPod Software Update. Worked perfectly and sold)
- x1 17" Rev. B iMac G5 (Installed another 1 GB of RAM and it runs just fine)
- x1 6 GB Green iPod Mini (Click Wheel loses response time to time but otherwise works just fine.)

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Veritas&Equitas said:
I've bought 2 things in the past year from Apple, both with widespread, documented, chronic problems. First, I bought a PB about 3 weeks ago, and it had the horizontal lines...so I returned it

I just got a PowerBook 15" yesterday - no lines, no waveyness, no flicker, no dead or stuck pixels. The screen is absolutely beautiful as is the rest of the machine. The only issue is the battery arrived dead and won't take a charge. I called up Apple support and they're sending out a replacement FedEx. I had one battery that arrived dead years ago. These things happen and Apple has always taken care of me. I must admit I was releaved to turn the machine on and see the screen looked perfect.

Cheers,

-Walter
in Vermont

h4ckintosh

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2004
Earth
iMac G3 350MHz - bought used of eBay; use as a DNS, HTTP and audio server using NiceCast to broadcast a scanner feed for a local fire company's website. No problems ever.

iBook G4 800MHz- bought BTO straight from Apple, maxed out RAM when they came out; had the HDD fail 6 months ago, but was shipped, fixed and returned in 2 days due to AppleCare. This poor machine also withstands the daily trek in a bag for college.

Pmac DP 2.5GHz - bought BTO with all the perks when they came out; no problems whatsoever as I use it as my everyday desktop.

iPod G3 10GB - bought with the iBook; never had a cover on it and no probs and not that scrached.
--
overall I'm happy though the "T" on my original USB keyboard for the PowerMac died ... ooooh, big deal! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.