Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Haven't really seen any third party bands yet.

Click is an adapter.

Amazon has third party bands but they don't use the 'snap-in' tech. They look like they assume the SS Apple Watch have a normal watch pin.

Hopefully we'll see aluminum link bracelets to match the raw aluminum and space grey models - at a cheap price.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Haven't really seen any third party bands yet.

Click is an adapter.

Amazon has third party bands but they don't use the 'snap-in' tech. They look like they assume the SS Apple Watch have a normal watch pin.

Hopefully we'll see aluminum link bracelets to match the raw aluminum and space grey models - at a cheap price.

AliExpress has the apple leather and silicone cases, i'm 90% sure we'll see the watch bands knocked off cheap on there!

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGHK7SM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_g4Wkvb0ZVG7KY

I ordered their Milanese Loop to give it a try, if it's good I'll probably get a blue leather loop too and only spend as much as one Apple band

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGHK7SM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_g4Wkvb0ZVG7KY

I ordered their Milanese Loop to give it a try, if it's good I'll probably get a blue leather loop too and only spend as much as one Apple band

What date you got for delivery?! I want one but I'm scared of how they'll turn out?!

jonhoy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2015
I'm probably going with Click myself. For the $100,000 stretch goal do you think you can choose one of the stainless steel bands? While it doesn't technically say no, I feel like the bonus band is probably limited to the leather ones.

BillabongJoe

macrumors member
May 29, 2009
UK
I like the idea of click, but for something that has to be ridiculously well machined in order to fit perfectly, I would much rather wait until I can actually read a review about it or whatever else comes out and does the same thing.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Mine says will deliver by May 5-7, even if it isn't as nice as the apple one its also not costing as much and getting here a hell of a lot faster

Be sure to post some pics!

The delivery now says 31st May.. I'm in the UK so was going to get my friend to post me one but now he's back over here :(

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Good luck!

Im a bit disappointed we've not seen any other clones/copys yet!

So am I, I really thought by now we'd see a lot more than there is, it doesn't help though that everyone wants to do kickstarters nowadays and that really slows things down and sometimes never even happens

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Since some of us want some of the third party stuff, i thought i'd set a mega thread up where we can post other third party straps/bands we've seen..

I've personally ordered Click off Kickstarter..
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-band-adapter-for-apple-watch?ref=hero_thanks

I just backed this too. I'll be curious to see if this comes close to materializing anywhere near their promised delivery timeframe... it seems to be a really tight turnaround from campaign end to delivery. (Also if you look at the comments section, it appears this is a group of RIT students so I don't know how much manufacturing/consumer goods experience they have). That's not to say they can't deliver, I just would be impressed if a team of students can get this project built and delivered within 3 months from now at the earliest.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
You think someone's going to come out with a pocket watch chain for it? Will the WATCH actually work properly in this particular setup, given its wake feature and sensors?

$_1.JPG

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
So am I, I really thought by now we'd see a lot more than there is, it doesn't help though that everyone wants to do kickstarters nowadays and that really slows things down and sometimes never even happens

Agreed! Even the usual chinese sites don't have anything!

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
Backed this. I like this in terms of overall quality over the Click. It'll be close in terms of reaching their goal. Might order a Click too to ensure I at least get one adapter.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/adappt-standard-bands-adapter-for-apple-watch/x/10237708

Agreed. Adappt is WAY nicer looking than click, backed them a long while back but recently also backed click due to how poorly adapt seems to be doing. Shame, wonder if it would have done better on kickstarter than indiegogo perhaps? I find it odd how click is doing so much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.