Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Reactions: PaladinGuy

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
That thread is 8 pages long with various links. Would it not be more helpful to point to the URL direct to the listing of the link bracelet you’re referring to?

Their Apple Watch band inventory on eBay changes depending on when you check and they offer the Link Bands in both new and used conditions. So a direct link probably would not be helpful as the listing will change or retire and while the thread is long, it is full of testimonials with pictures so it will hopefully offer piece of mind should you (or someone else) choose to buy a band from them.

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
can anyone tell me how to get in touch with the Taobao guy? I've tried installing the Aliwangwang software but it seems I need to log in, I think, but can't read Chinese. Is there a better way to order straps from him?

Edit: never mind, I have managed to order a Hermes Fauve Barenia through the Taobao seller now

Last edited:

x-man

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2008
London
chargerstore on eBay is offering what appear to be genuine stainless link bracelets

Great seller - Got the 38mm from him (and an extra link bit as a second order).

Genuine stuff as per the description (I had the 42mm before so well familiar with the band)

Last edited:
Reactions: PaladinGuy

BK22

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
Looking for metal bands for small wrists 144mm (5.5") for the 42-44 Aluminum case. So far, everything I've found is too big. I would love to hear from anyone who has found this-especially if it is a Milanese style. Currently have the white silicone Apple Watch band using the S/M option, and have it on second smallest hole--ie, can only make it one hole smaller. Want a classier dressier option that is not a sport loop and prefer not leather.

mbdownunder

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Has anyone found a source for third party sport loops in Alaskan Blue and Midnight Blue? I looked at both at an Apple Store. Love the colors, not the price.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

mbdownunder

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Has anyone found a source for third party sport loops in Alaskan Blue and Midnight Blue? I looked at both at an Apple Store. Love the colors, not the price.

Just an update to my previous post. Urvoi Store on AliExpress is now showing the new colors of sport loop, but only the Midnight Blue can be ordered right now.

Reactions: SusieS

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
I've just received my Hermes Fauve Single Tour from the Taobao guy. I have to say, this is incredible. I genuinely cannot tell the difference between it and one from Hermes. It smells amazing, which you would expect given the leather is from the same place, the lugs are proper S4/5 lugs so fit my S5 much better than my previous S3 strap, the quality is amazing, in fact the stitching looks better than one original Hermes strap I saw before! If I had to say one thing, it would be that the Hermes stamp is possibly slightly smaller than original but I can't compare directly right now so I'm not 100%. Either way I am amazed at it, and it's exactly what I wanted, I can't get over the smell!!

Attachments

• IMG_3006.JPG
    IMG_3006.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 499
  • IMG_9838.JPG
    IMG_9838.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 533
Reactions: Brien and x-man

markol

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
I've just received my Hermes Fauve Single Tour from the Taobao guy. I have to say, this is incredible. I genuinely cannot tell the difference between it and one from Hermes. It smells amazing, which you would expect given the leather is from the same place, the lugs are proper S4/5 lugs so fit my S5 much better than my previous S3 strap, the quality is amazing, in fact the stitching looks better than one original Hermes strap I saw before! If I had to say one thing, it would be that the Hermes stamp is possibly slightly smaller than original but I can't compare directly right now so I'm not 100%. Either way I am amazed at it, and it's exactly what I wanted, I can't get over the smell!!

Sorry so how do we go about contacting this guy? or what's his TaoBao page if you could link it? Thanks

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
Ok loads of people seem to be asking me this, it is further back in the thread but I'll share what I've been telling people on PM:

It took me ages to work it out and a lot of google translate. So you need to register a Taobao account first here https://reg.taobao.com/member/reg/h5/fill_mobile.htm but I had to use google translate to see what it said then go back to the untranslated version to actually register.
Then I downloaded the Aliwangwang app to my Mac, which is used for chatting with Taobao sellers, just search for it, it’s easy to find. Log in with the account you just registered. Then go back to the product page for the strap and click the little bouncing chat bubble thing and it should open in the aliwangwang app to start a conversation with the seller, who speaks good English and you can ask for a PayPal price for the strap you want shipped to wherever you are. If you don't ask then they will direct you to their product page to pay but that gets complicated, so ask for PayPal and pay that way. I paid $68 USD shipped to the UK for this strap, yes more than a basic leather strap but it's so much better. They do the deployment version for $75. They will basically do you whatever Hermes strap you want, today he said they can do the latest ones too.

This is the page for the single tour that I bought (Fauve Barenia is what I got.)

I can't stop smelling it! It's so nice I'm going to need to get a sport loop or something to use from time to time so I don't wear this out too quickly.

Also, the lugs are proper S4/5 shaped lugs, so they actually fit the S4/5 properly, unlike the S3 lugs that don't follow the shape of the later bodies properly. I believe that the lugs they supply are genuine original apple ones.

Hope that helps

Matteo[V]

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2016
Italy
Finally juuk vitero arrived ...

8800a07ed50d0790608305b1bbce4d15.jpg

26f71f930007659237346e86e01319c2.jpg

I searched metal band different and this is very alternative, I like it very much but... I doesn’t worth the money I spent.

I like:
-Different to every other metal band
-The color is very very similar to watch
-Very light

I don’t like:
-Price
-The hooking isn’t accurate
-The attachment to watch isn’t accurate and there are a little movements

Reactions: PrettyWings

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
If those pics are fake they did a very good job, looks identical to my real one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.