Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Thanks for this. I just registered but tried to chat the app goes blank. Must be the time zone... I’ll wait and try again tonight.

the website to purchase didn’t allow me to buy now or add to bag.

Ok loads of people seem to be asking me this, it is further back in the thread but I'll share what I've been telling people on PM:

It took me ages to work it out and a lot of google translate. So you need to register a Taobao account first here https://reg.taobao.com/member/reg/h5/fill_mobile.htm but I had to use google translate to see what it said then go back to the untranslated version to actually register.
Then I downloaded the Aliwangwang app to my Mac, which is used for chatting with Taobao sellers, just search for it, it’s easy to find. Log in with the account you just registered. Then go back to the product page for the strap and click the little bouncing chat bubble thing and it should open in the aliwangwang app to start a conversation with the seller, who speaks good English and you can ask for a PayPal price for the strap you want shipped to wherever you are. If you don't ask then they will direct you to their product page to pay but that gets complicated, so ask for PayPal and pay that way. I paid $68 USD shipped to the UK for this strap, yes more than a basic leather strap but it's so much better. They do the deployment version for $75. They will basically do you whatever Hermes strap you want, today he said they can do the latest ones too.

This is the page for the single tour that I bought (Fauve Barenia is what I got.)

I can't stop smelling it! It's so nice I'm going to need to get a sport loop or something to use from time to time so I don't wear this out too quickly.

Also, the lugs are proper S4/5 shaped lugs, so they actually fit the S4/5 properly, unlike the S3 lugs that don't follow the shape of the later bodies properly. I believe that the lugs they supply are genuine original apple ones.

Hope that helps

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
do any sites sell a 40mm version of the Saddle Brown Leather Loop design? Apple only makes it for 44mm but i have a 40mm :\

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
My Nomad stainless steel bracelet

Attachments

• EECE0CA3-C9A2-4288-825E-A14A5CDF993F.jpeg
    EECE0CA3-C9A2-4288-825E-A14A5CDF993F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 976
  • 31183130-1A1C-4BCA-AD39-01209B9EFECD.jpeg
    31183130-1A1C-4BCA-AD39-01209B9EFECD.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 881
Last edited:

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
If those pics are fake they did a very good job, looks identical to my real one.
Yes indeed the pics are of the replica, I have had the chance to compare this week with a real one and I genuinely can’t tell the difference, granted the leather should be the same as it’s from the same factory supposedly, and it certainly feels and smells the same, so that was expected. But every other detail is perfect. I’ve been wearing it daily since I got it and it’s still great.

I’m going to buy another one or two soon, probably the deployment version in Ebene and the new Noir Swift.
[automerge]1570917933[/automerge]
If those pics are fake they did a very good job, looks identical to my real one.
Also I would have definitely bought a real one if I hadn’t come across this one, I don’t like generally buying stuff and passing it off as genuine and in this case I’m happy to tell people it’s fake. But for the price I couldn’t pass up trying it, and more importantly it was exactly the band I was looking for to replace my saddle brown gen 4 classic buckle which I couldn’t find a replacement for.

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I still have no luck contacting them via aliwangwang app... can you help?

Yes indeed the pics are of the replica, I have had the chance to compare this week with a real one and I genuinely can’t tell the difference, granted the leather should be the same as it’s from the same factory supposedly, and it certainly feels and smells the same, so that was expected. But every other detail is perfect. I’ve been wearing it daily since I got it and it’s still great.

I’m going to buy another one or two soon, probably the deployment version in Ebene and the new Noir Swift.

Also I would have definitely bought a real one if I hadn’t come across this one, I don’t like generally buying stuff and passing it off as genuine and in this case I’m happy to tell people it’s fake. But for the price I couldn’t pass up trying it, and more importantly it was exactly the band I was looking for to replace my saddle brown gen 4 classic buckle which I couldn’t find a replacement for.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Just an update to my previous post. Urvoi Store on AliExpress is now showing the new colors of sport loop, but only the Midnight Blue can be ordered right now.

It looks like the other new two-tone colors are available in 38mm and 42mm, so I contacted the URVOI store on Aliexpress this morning to see when the 40mm and 44mm loops will be in stock. The agent said they will be available by the end of this month.

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
It looks like the other new two-tone colors are available in 38mm and 42mm, so I contacted the URVOI store on Aliexpress this morning to see when the 40mm and 44mm loops will be in stock. The agent said they will be available by the end of this month.
[automerge]1571236155[/automerge]
I ordered 5 of them last week. Will be interesting what they look like.
12 dollar investment ...

Reactions: SusieS

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
Just wondering if you asked about the new Nike sports loops? There are two I really like, but I can’t bring myself to pay virtually £100 for some strips of nylon.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
[automerge]1571236155[/automerge]
I ordered 5 of them last week. Will be interesting what they look like.
12 dollar investment ...

I hope they’re decent. My energetic puppy jumped up and snagged my brand new $49 Apple band so I need some cheaper ones that I can wear around him until he’s past this stage.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Just wondering if you asked about the new Nike sports loops? There are two I really like, but I can’t bring myself to pay virtually £100 for some strips of nylon.

I just sent the URVOI seller a message and I’ll let you know if he replies. He’s gradually updating the inventory; the midnight blue black two-tone now is available in three out of the four sizes. It looks like there are some grayed-out placeholders in his sport loop page (bottom right), maybe those are reserved for the Nike type loops.

Attachments

• 08708D79-3CD7-4DB6-A92C-C6E6607273D7.png
    08708D79-3CD7-4DB6-A92C-C6E6607273D7.png
    1 MB · Views: 463

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I just sent the URVOI seller a message and I’ll let you know if he replies. He’s gradually updating the inventory; the midnight blue black two-tone now is available in three out of the four sizes. It looks like there are some grayed-out placeholders in his sport loop page (bottom right), maybe those are reserved for the Nike type loops.
I got a Midnight Blue/Black sport loop yesterday for 38/40 mum and it looks fantastic. The lugs fit perfectly. The looping is tight and constantly good quality. Colours are great too. I messaged him and I have 4 others shipping to me now...Alaskan Blue, Anchor Grey, Khaki and Camel. I used to spend so much on official bands. Now I mostly use these sport loops. I’ve got 3 Apple ones but honestly these are as perfect and I’m picky. £10. Bargain. Nobody knows or cares but me.

mbdownunder

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
It looks like the other new two-tone colors are available in 38mm and 42mm, so I contacted the URVOI store on Aliexpress this morning to see when the 40mm and 44mm loops will be in stock.

Aren’t 38mm and 40mm identical, and 42mm and 44mm identical? My 42mm bands from my Series 3 fit my 44mm Series 4 perfectly.

Reactions: SusieS

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Aren’t 38mm and 40mm identical, and 42mm and 44mm identical? My 42mm bands from my Series 3 fit my 44mm Series 4 perfectly.

In genuine Apple bands, they’re identical, but the URVOI seller has this pic on their page that made me hesitant to order a 38mm for my 40mm watch. Thinner adapters vs thicker adapters.? I figured I’ll just wait until/if he adds a definite 40mm size. I have one of his 40mm dragonfruit loops coming as a trial run. It was a dollar and change with an Aliexpress new user coupon...can’t beat the price.
1756EBAD-486D-4FDA-8B8B-AB55F9196AF0.png

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
In genuine Apple bands, they’re identical, but the URVOI seller has this pic on their page that made me hesitant to order a 38mm for my 40mm watch. Thinner adapters vs thicker adapters.? I figured I’ll just wait until/if he adds a definite 40mm size. I have one of his 40mm dragonfruit loops coming as a trial run. It was a dollar and change with an Aliexpress new user coupon...can’t beat the price. View attachment 870195

Here’s my URVOI Dragonfruit. It feels a little thicker than my Apple Pink Sand and I think it’s a bit longer, but overall I’m very happy with it. The plastic bar at the Velcro end had some rough edges from the molding process, but I sanded those off with a few gentle passes of a very fine nail file. The lugs fit flush and feel secure.

Attachments

• F5669345-DA4F-46B8-A4E0-D2276DC5FE30.jpeg
    F5669345-DA4F-46B8-A4E0-D2276DC5FE30.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 476
  • 42117AEB-7A1C-48F5-96DD-7FC85588771B.jpeg
    42117AEB-7A1C-48F5-96DD-7FC85588771B.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 459
  • E9E3C4D5-32A2-429E-8527-0186E258B30D.jpeg
    E9E3C4D5-32A2-429E-8527-0186E258B30D.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 468

danmanmtl

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2005
Montreal

After seeing your pics i had to take the plunge! I have many of the original H straps which i love, they are delicate though and at this guys price its worth it to have a beater or 2. I ordered the new noir for my wife, as I have the original I will be able to do a direct comparison.

As for the whole procedure of ordering and contacting, that was the hardest part. A lot of google translate to get signed up for taobao, the aliwangwang app is completely in chinese and not user friendly at all. Lets just say the whole procedure not for the average person. For real. Aside from that it is a gamble as I paypal some random guy money and hope for the best. He told me 15-18 days to Canada. So I will update if and when i get them. I hope I didn't get screwed.

As you mentioned the connectors were much better then the old ones in fitting the s4/s5 and look like they are genuine Apple, I asked to buy a few more just connectors to update some s**t fitting third party other bands I have.

Fingers crossed...

Reactions: Brien

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Can anyone recommend a VERY good quality 'close your rings' 40mm sport loop (the black with pink/blue lugs)? I would obviously prefer OEM but they very rarely come up on eBay and when they do they go for $150+.
[automerge]1571950632[/automerge]
After seeing your pics i had to take the plunge! I have many of the original H straps which i love, they are delicate though and at this guys price its worth it to have a beater or 2. I ordered the new noir for my wife, as I have the original I will be able to do a direct comparison.

As for the whole procedure of ordering and contacting, that was the hardest part. A lot of google translate to get signed up for taobao, the aliwangwang app is completely in chinese and not user friendly at all. Lets just say the whole procedure not for the average person. For real. Aside from that it is a gamble as I paypal some random guy money and hope for the best. He told me 15-18 days to Canada. So I will update if and when i get them. I hope I didn't get screwed.

As you mentioned the connectors were much better then the old ones in fitting the s4/s5 and look like they are genuine Apple, I asked to buy a few more just connectors to update some s**t fitting third party other bands I have.

Fingers crossed...
Let us know. I have not yet found a good source for the S4/5 lugs, and a lot of the third party bands still use the old ones so you get that weird groove.

Did the seller themselves speak enough english or was that more translate-fu as well? May need to go this route to get a Noir with silver hardware.

Last edited:

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Finally juuk vitero arrived ...

8800a07ed50d0790608305b1bbce4d15.jpg

26f71f930007659237346e86e01319c2.jpg

I searched metal band different and this is very alternative, I like it very much but... I doesn’t worth the money I spent.

I like:
-Different to every other metal band
-The color is very very similar to watch
-Very light

I don’t like:
-Price
-The hooking isn’t accurate
-The attachment to watch isn’t accurate and there are a little movements
Nice mk7. Nice band too ;)

Reactions: Matteo[V]

jay19

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
Thanks to the user who posted the Taobao instructions! I couldn't get aliwangwang to work but found Aliworkbench which does the same thing. About 13 days arrived to Canada today!

What I found most interesting is the gold lug adapter I requested has the "Made for Apple Watch" engraved on it, which is the first I've ever seen for the gold. However, the sides are brushed s/s versus polished so they are still not an exact match.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0876.jpeg
    IMG_0876.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 366
Reactions: Nicois06

danmanmtl

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2005
Montreal
Thanks to the user who posted the Taobao instructions! I couldn't get aliwangwang to work but found Aliworkbench which does the same thing. About 13 days arrived to Canada today!

What I found most interesting is the gold lug adapter I requested has the "Made for Apple Watch" engraved on it, which is the first I've ever seen for the gold. However, the sides are brushed s/s versus polished so they are still not an exact match.

Funny I ordered mine to Canada as well, I'm still waiting close to 20 days now. Curious did your tracking number ever show anything past left china en route to canada??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.