Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanmaasecas

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2014
Do you guys think Apple will update the MacBook Air with new processors anytime soon? Finally it seems there will not be October event, but my friend wants to by one and in scare of Apple releasing a spec bump just a couple of weeks after...

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Do you guys think Apple will update the MacBook Air with new processors anytime soon? Finally it seems there will not be October event, but my friend wants to by one and in scare of Apple releasing a spec bump just a couple of weeks after...

It was just updated in July, so it will probably be the spring before there's any kind of update.

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Just got my 2019 Macbook Air base model last week for $899. I also got the applecare+ but I am very close to cancelling it as I find it too expensive for the price I paid for the macbook air.

Upgrading from Mid 2013 Macbook Air! Since the day I bought it in 2013, it has been my main and only computer and never needed anymore power than it has. I enjoyed every time I used it. Let’s see how much I can get out of the 2019.

The reason I passed on the pro model is 2013 air was more than enough for me specs wise and I don’t like the idea of having the touchbar. i’d prefer the physical buttons any day.

Reactions: The Samurai

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Just got my 2019 Macbook Air base model last week for $899. I also got the applecare+ but I am very close to cancelling it as I find it too expensive for the price I paid for the macbook air.

Upgrading from Mid 2013 Macbook Air! Since the day I bought it in 2013, it has been my main and only computer and never needed anymore power than it has. I enjoyed every time I used it. Let’s see how much I can get out of the 2019.

The reason I passed on the pro model is 2013 air was more than enough for me specs wise and I don’t like the idea of having the touchbar. i’d prefer the physical buttons any day.

Where did you get it for $899?

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
Last edited:

thestickman

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Excited about a refurbished 2013 i5 1.3 ghz model I just ordered from Mac of All Trades that has the 256 SSD vs the 128. Getting this for work which entails health coaching via video conference. For what I am doing I hope to get 2 years+ use & will upgrade to a new model then.

thestickman

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Excited about a refurbished 2013 i5 1.3 ghz model I just ordered from Mac of All Trades that has the 256 SSD vs the 128. Getting this for work which entails health coaching via video conference. For what I am doing I hope to get 2 years+ use & will upgrade to a new model then.
It was delivered today in excellent condition. It runs perfectly. Well worth the $400.00 I paid for it!

KImono Gryphon

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Oxford, Pa.
Just picked up a new 2019 MacBook Air 13.1 model, 256 in gold, and I LOVE IT. It's blazing fast and is lightyears faster than any android tablet I ever used before. This is my first new Apple product I had brought brand new and I wanted one for years.

Cheers,
-Gryphon

Eksoccer99

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2018
Just picked up a new 2019 MacBook Air 13.1 model, 256 in gold, and I LOVE IT. It's blazing fast and is lightyears faster than any android tablet I ever used before. This is my first new Apple product I had brought brand new and I wanted one for years.

Cheers,
-Gryphon

Congrats!!

Reactions: thestickman

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Where did all the rumours about an end of 2019 10th gen update go? Is that definitely off the cards now?

billnye97

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
I found a great deal on a new Macbook 2019 Air 16GB of ram and 512GB hard drive. It also has Apple Care. I got it for $1500. I would have liked the Macbook Pro but I couldn't pass up the price.

Reactions: Eksoccer99

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
I LOVE IT, although I'm going to have to get used to Apple Keyboard shortcuts. Definitely love it.

If you want more flexibility on screen resolutions download the SwitchResX program and you will be able to do much more regarding screen resolution and configuration. Just do a google search and you will find the web site to download this app. I use this on all my macs. :apple:

Reactions: Wide opeN

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
If you want more flexibility on screen resolutions download the SwitchResX program and you will be able to do much more regarding screen resolution and configuration. Just do a google search and you will find the web site to download this app. I use this on all my macs. :apple:

Cool nice ??

Bazza1

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Interesting find, but I find I have to ask you how you use it on 'all my macs'. Do you have it set for a different resolution than default Mac-wide, or do you use it to swap it out for various apps? And why? Noting your earlier (pre-Retina) MBA, what have you done there? I have a 2017 MBA and wonder what I'd gain by it's use. Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
Interesting find, but I find I have to ask you how you use it on 'all my macs'. Do you have it set for a different resolution than default Mac-wide, or do you use it to swap it out for various apps? And why? Noting your earlier (pre-Retina) MBA, what have you done there? I have a 2017 MBA and wonder what I'd gain by it's use. Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

On my 11inch 2015 Air I run 1920x1200 resolution and have no problem reading the texts at this resolution. I prefer this because I can adjust the web page to show more information per page. I tend to use this screen resolution on all my laptops. I like this app because of the wide range of adjustability in choosing screen resolutions.

I tend to pin more than enough web pages to my Safari browser so having the 1920x1200 resolution allows me to see all the web pages that I have pinned...

Reactions: Bazza1

twobelowpar

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2013
Just purchased an Apple refurbished Gold 2019 MBA with 256GB. This is our first ever MacBook and it arrives today so we are very excited. We are Apple people with iPhones, iPads, and ATV, but have never had a MacBook! Anything we need to know?

Reactions: The Samurai

Bazza1

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just purchased an Apple refurbished Gold 2019 MBA with 256GB. This is our first ever MacBook and it arrives today so we are very excited. We are Apple people with iPhones, iPads, and ATV, but have never had a MacBook! Anything we need to know?

Congrats on the purchase. Coming from Windows? Been there, done that. With such an open-ended question, I'm sure you'll get tons of (overwhelming and often contradictory) suggestions from people. With a familiarity with iOS, you'll discover a number of iCloud and 3rd Party cross-platform apps you'll recognize, while many of the apps you may have used in Windows have their own cross-platform (or equivalent) apps in MacOS. Take time to discover the apps on the OS and install the ones you absolutely need to make the transition easy for you. The finessing and the 'Oh, and try this" suggestions from us all you can do when you're ready. Enjoy.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
never had a MacBook! Anything we need to know?

Did you know you can set up an online session to have someone from Apple guide you through some basics? It will ask you if you want to do it when setting it up for the first time. Many don't need it but those I know that did it were quite impressed with it.

Might be worth it to get started, they will cover topics relevant to what you want to do with the machine.

May already have got past that stage though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.