Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikedit

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2019
Canada
I ordered on 11/30 (16" 2.3 8 core, 32GB, 8gb VRAM, 1TB). My card was charged this morning. Does that mean that shipment to the store is imminent?

I ordered the same as you did on 28 Nov, card was charged on 1 Dec, 2 Dec moved to processing for shipment, and today received notification that it has shipped.

texasmac76

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2014
I ordered an i7 16" 1TB 32 GB RAM last night. It will be replacing my early 2013 15". I am replacing it not because it is old but because in using it for music production and coding it gets sluggish under heavy loads. I am ready for a faster machine.

Reactions: TyPod

texasmac76

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2014
Did you ship to store or directly to you?
I had it shipped to my home. est delivery date is Dec 14-17. I bought this because learning to code (again) after a very long time off is really burdening my old macbook pro with 8 GB ram but I am still plowing ahead. I really dont care when it arrive because then I have to set it up and that sounds like a pain from what I have read. I hope that time machine will work as it is supposed to for me on this task.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
My 16" 2.3 8 core / 32gb / 1TB / 5500M 8gb shipped this morning to the store. Says delivery of Dec 13 - I have to believe it will be delivered before then. Does anyone know the trick on how to find a UPS or Fedex tracking number for those shipped to store?

Last edited:

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
I had been on the fence as to when I was going to upgrade my 2012 13" MacBook Pro. I wen through student portal and got the 16" 2.3GHZ 32GB/1TB/8GB Graphics.So far I really like it! I like the Space Gray body also! Keys definitely took some getting used to compared to the ones on my 2012 MBP. I also do miss the MagSafe charger. I don't know why they ever did away with that. I ordered on November 21, and received it November 27. Lightning fast turnaround!

arkzrlo

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2012
My 16" 2.3 8 core / 32gb / 1TB / 5500M 8gb shipped this morning to the store. Says delivery of Dec 13 - I have to believe it will be delivered before then. Does anyone know the trick on how to find a UPS or Fedex tracking number for those shipped to store?

Go to ups tracking>track by reference and put your phone number or online order number. Mine showed up using the phone.

Mine says December 13 as well, I hope to have it before that. Original pick up date was December 17

Hope it helps

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Go to ups tracking>track by reference and put your phone number or online order number. Mine showed up using the phone.

Mine says December 13 as well, I hope to have it before that. Original pick up date was December 17

Hope it helps
Sure did - found my tracking number. Thanks!!

Kabir8

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
LA
Ordered a 16" last night
2.4 Ghz 8-Core with i9 / 64 GB Ram / 8GB GDDR6 / 2 TB SSD

Delivery Estimate Says Dec 16-18 -- Really hoping it comes sooner because I may have to switch delivery address if it doesn't.

Anybody else have experience with switching the delivery address after ordering?
It would be to a different state, so the tax would have to change as well.

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
Just ordered a 13.3 July 2019 MacBook Pro from the Apple refurbished store (they’re as good as new). Went with the version that has a 256GB SSD as I’ve read there is quite a performance jump. I’m used to a NVME driver in my gaming laptop so can’t be having it running slow. Plus 256GB should help in the future for resale value.

I've not owned a Mac laptop for around 10 years so will be good to go back to it. I like the idea of using my iPad Pro as a second screen through side cart.

I went with 13.3” for portability. I intend to learn to code on it and like the idea of just setting up in little coffee shops etc around my local town and bashing away.

I have a high end Alienware gaming laptop (basically a desktop replacement) so for gaming I’ll use that. If I also ever get some code that’s really complicated to run and I need to run it faster I can use that too.

I appreciate Apple will likely bring a new model out early 2020 but I think for what I paid I’m happy.

It comes Monday and I can’t wait.

Reactions: The Samurai

trailmonkey

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2019
16" i9 2.3 8Gb 32Gb 1Tb ordered on Tue. Just received shipping confirmation and the DHL tracker says

Origin Service Area: EINDHOVEN - WAALWIJK - NETHERLANDS, THE
Saturday, December 07, 2019 at 15:43

Odd seeing as it's only 11:41 here in the UK? Does that mean it's expected into Eindhoven this afternoon?

Original ETA was 13-17 Dec and Apple now states the latter - I assume this is a conservative estimate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.