Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005

Sooo excited about this.

One theory I read is that Joel is actually dead here, and Ellie is out to revenge his murder. His ghost only appears to her in her imagination. Try to watch the trailer with that in mind and try not to cry... :(

I want to play the first game again now. Such a masterpiece, I love those characters so much!

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I hate reading or watching vids about theory's or predictions... but I had the same thoughts. I remember being stunned with Sarah's death in TLOU intro. It's going to be a long wait unfortunately. TLOU was an emotional roller coaster ride from beginning to end.. When I finished the game... it was on my mind for weeks. I wanted to know more of what happened after the game ended... and only wished and hope there would be a sequel. Was so happy when they revealed TLOU2 at PSX 2016.

My personal gaming is on my PC gaming rig... but I also own a PS4 and Xbox One... but my kids are always on the consoles. My oldest is always on the PS4... so when TLOU2 comes out, I'm buying the latest PS4 and a new 4K TV to play this game. Might buy it earlier so I can replay TLOU again. My oldest basically took ownership of our release day PS4... so I'll buy my own. Knowing that TLOU2 is coming... and if it's as good as the first... it should be worth the money. Our PS4 fans screams like jet engines... so might need to be replaced in the near future anyway.

Reactions: Taustin Powers

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Sooo excited about this.

One theory I read is that Joel is actually dead here, and Ellie is out to revenge his murder. His ghost only appears to her in her imagination. Try to watch the trailer with that in mind and try not to cry... :(

I want to play the first game again now. Such a masterpiece, I love those characters so much!

Very excited for this. Last of Us Part One was mesmerizing and captivating. Day one purchase.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I've had TLOU for the longest time. Think I bought the digital code from a member here. I still haven't fired it up after transferring to my PS4P, along with Uncharted and couple other games still sealed SMH.

I really need to start it up soon.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I've had TLOU for the longest time. Think I bought the digital code from a member here. I still haven't fired it up after transferring to my PS4P, along with Uncharted and couple other games still sealed SMH.

I really need to start it up soon.

The remastered version for the PS4 looks
Stunning.

Reactions: MRU

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I just started replaying TLOU Remastered a few days ago. My kid is trying to put time limits on the PS4 for me... LOL...:p

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So excited. Just bought the first one remastered for my PS4 to keep it fresh in my mind.

It will be huge when it releases. Although, according to the lead developer for Naughty Dog, it's a long ways out. I'm thinking early 2018. And Naughty Dog is known to push titles past deadlines or experience delays for practical reasons.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Yeah, it'll be a while until this game is released...But I can't wait.

I was actually considering on re-playing TLOU on Hard.

In regards to the theory of Joel being dead...That would suck, but I hope that he isn't and we continue to see the duo throughout the game.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah, it'll be a while until this game is released...But I can't wait.

I was actually considering on re-playing TLOU on Hard.

In regards to the theory of Joel being dead...That would suck, but I hope that he isn't and we continue to see the duo throughout the game.

I'm hoping for an October/November release. Rockstar likes to delay until last minute.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Sorry. I meant Red Dead Redemption 2 for October/November. Last of us 2 will be 2018.
Ahh, okay lol.

Yeah, I'm hoping RDR2 releases by year's end That will definitely be a purchase for me.

I just wish they re-released a remastered version of RDR on the PS Store.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ahh, okay lol.

Yeah, I'm hoping RDR2 releases by year's end That will definitely be a purchase for me.

I just wish they re-released a remastered version of RDR on the PS Store.

Agreed. I would love to replay Red Dead remastered on my Pro. Rockstar is notorious for pushing game releases last minute. My guess is late November or early December 2018. But October would be ideal, but unlikely.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Soooooo, bumping this older topic back to the front page;

I almost never pre-order games and usually buy them months after the release when they are discounted, but this one, well, I can't wait for this one. Absolutely loved the first game!

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I almost never pre-order games and usually buy them months after the release when they are discounted, but this one, well, I can't wait for this one. Absolutely loved the first game!

I generally agree but with some devs I will still pre-order. Naughty Dog and CD Projekt Red have earned my trust.

Reactions: BlankStar

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
This was rumored like a week ago, it’s nothing new, but only made official now.

Few things here:

1.) No one (and I mean no one) can blame Naughty dog for delaying the game. They’ve been working on this project for the better part of almost 7 years, and for them to release a masterpiece title that’s game of the year to be over-shadowed by the pandemic, would be a travesty. There’s no reason for them to Release this game in May, when the time is obviously is not appropriate.

2.) It makes complete sense for Naughty dog to now wait until the new GEN consoles launch in the 4th 2020 Qt, which is exactly what CDProjektRed is doing with Cyberpunk 2077.

(We can expect other developers to follow in the footsteps of what we’re seeing with these delays accordingly.)

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Maybe we can't blame them, but it still sucks monkeyballs. Pardon my French.

Cyberpunk is still set for september and the current Gen of consoles, you expect another delay there and a next-gen release? Even if they confirmed that if you buy it on the currect Xbox, you'll get the XSX version for free?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Cyberpunk is still set for september and the current Gen of consoles, you expect another delay there and a next-gen release? Even if they confirmed that if you buy it on the currect Xbox, you'll get the XSX version for free?

So, on a bridged-tangent to the release of the future version of TLOU/Cyberpunk

So I’m assuming you probably haven’t taken into consideration that the new GEN consoles could easily be delayed as well (Which already has been discussed Through various podcasts of the likeness), given the ‘tech sector’ is predicted to have its worst year ever, and things are continuing to worsen. I’d say it’s highly likely the PS5/Xbox Series X could be migrated into 2021, especially being we’re in a recession where average consumers won’t be purchasing $500 + consoles.

Now, you have to think manufacturers like Sony, Microsoft, [Including developers like Naughty dog], who have placed years of emphasis of readiness for these new games/consoles, they won’t release them if the time is not appropriate For financial gains. Again, be prepared for more announcements from developers And tech manufactures alike.

Oh, and nothing is ‘free’ based on your comment. 😁

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just a heads up:

There have been some ‘leaks spoilers/endings’ for the TLOU2 that surfaced within the last 24 hours. I’m not sure if that’s Indicative of an imminent release coming, but nonetheless, do not read them, as they will ruin the storyline for anyone that’s interested in playing this game. And even though it’s obvious not to click on a title that states ‘spoiler‘, there are some articles that are not informing readers that the contents includes spoilers.

That said, I’m curious if Naughty dog will give gamers an idea of when they will release this game. I’m hoping by this fall, which I suspect probably November, maybe even leading into December with the Gen console releases.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Just a heads up:

There have been some ‘leaks spoilers/endings’ for the TLOU2 that surfaced within the last 24 hours. I’m not sure if that’s Indicative of an imminent release coming, but nonetheless, do not read them, as they will ruin the storyline for anyone that’s interested in playing this game.

The little I saw was indicating it was a leak from a disgruntled employee. Don't know if that's true or not and I'm afraid to Google it to find out!

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm betting that the June 19th date is because of the leak. I had a digital pre-order which they cancelled and refunded, they removed the game from the PS Store, just to announce that it's delayed another three weeks? A lot of hassle for a three week delay. Pretty obvious it wasn't planned to "just" delay it three weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.