Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I think we are following the original girl and its the one in the other dimension that has been killed. Or is that what you meant?

Sort of, that is the question I am asking though. Is she from this dimension or the other and I would like to know if there is any chance of us finding out when the other one passed and how?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Sort of, that is the question I am asking though. Is she from this dimension or the other and I would like to know if there is any chance of us finding out when the other one passed and how?
I'm pretty sure that she is the original girl that we have been following. I also think that finding out about what happened to the other one will be in the new season. She might not have died, though. There could be multiple worlds, a third girl died in one of those and the one from the USA winning the war world could have jumped to that one, leaving room for ours in hers.

Reactions: hwojtek

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I'm pretty sure that she is the original girl that we have been following. I also think that finding out about what happened to the other one will be in the new season. She might not have died, though. There could be multiple worlds, a third girl died in one of those and the one from the USA winning the war world could have jumped to that one, leaving room for ours in hers.

Great point! Why limit ourselves to just the two! I hope she doesn't die because I like her character.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I think she will make it to the end. We are running out of heroes on this show with what’s his name being shot last season.

Not to mention the beheading this season. We only have a few left. I wonder if our big bad Nazi leader is having second thoughts about his choice given the look on his face when they took out the Statue of Liberty, having to send his kid away, and possibly losing his wife and kids.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Not to mention the beheading this season. We only have a few left. I wonder if our big bad Nazi leader is having second thoughts about his choice given the look on his face when they took out the Statue of Liberty, having to send his kid away, and possibly losing his wife and kids.
I'm waiting for his day of reckoning.

Reactions: Huntn

AngelsEmpire

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2019
Guess it had to end sometime. The whole alternate reality and spilling over into other realities was getting a little difficult to follow.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If you need a refresher for seasons 1&2:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 3 Recap: https://recapguide.com/recap/274/The-Man-in-the-High-Castle/season-3/.

My season 4 viewing is starting by repeating Season 3:E9 Baku with Reich Marshall Smith watching a movie of himself and his son while a tv in the background has a Martin Luther speech on it.

As of the end of this season, Frank Fink is executed, High Castle is captured, Reiche Marshall Smith‘s wife flees NYC with her children, they blow up the Statute of Liberty, the Furer is wounded in an assination attempt, Childan and McCarthy continue with subversion, Juliana captured at the Nazi’s machine in the Pocanoes, escapes to another reality.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 4:Ep1 Hexagram 64- Great start with Juliana. I wonder how long before she is compelled to return to Hell. Surprised they killed off Tagomi. Maybe the actor had other obligations. The Black Communist Rebellion seems to be on shakey ground in the Japanese Pacific States.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
I have enjoyed the series and watched the last episode last night. Somehow the last ten minutes were too predictable. Probably my fault for expecting a zinger of an ending.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m only on S4:E4 and I‘m wondering how the the Nazi’s can retrieve people who they have sent to the other side. Yes, unexplained technology, but it would nice if they made an attempt to superficially explain it.
Update: It was mentioned as an open portal. I guess that’s good enough. :)

Kennith Tigar plays such a good Himmler.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
OK finished the series. Overall I like this series. In the spectrum of Seasons 1-4, this was one of the best seasons competing with Season 1. Season 4 Final Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

The Series Final, might have been outstanding, accept for it's vague ending.
  • Juliana senses something big.
  • John Smith with his German buddy gets Himmler and all of the high level Nazis in Berlin, but then nice twist on his character as he goes full Nazi and tells his wife, what else can I do?
  • Juliana gets John Smith, rather he gives a monolog and then gets himself.
  • The new guy in charge of the autonomous US rips the swastica off his lapel.
  • The something big is a permanently opened portal with regular people coming through it from other worlds into this one. And?
Who are these people and what will they change if anything?? Completely unanswered. The producers decided because they got cancelled, to leave it up to the audience's imagination. Here is a link: https://collider.com/man-in-the-high-castle-ending-explained/

You can assume that the new guy in charge of America, will change for the better. But what will Germany do about it? Don't need to worry about that, a future season that won't happen. ;)

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I've been avoiding this show because I didn't care for the book, and shows are frequently worse than the book.

However, I've been following this thread and trying to avert my eyes for spoilers (thanks to those using tags), and I got the gist that the show's reality hopping is more about technology and less "it was all a dream".

Since it seems the main problem I had with the book is handled completely differently, I gave the show a shot and started watching it this week.

So far I like it a lot. It is quite a bit different than what I remember about the book, but not in ways that bother me. The only complaint I have is that the attempted assassination in the alley was a little too "Michael Bay" with hundreds of bullets and a car exploding in a giant fireball. It felt out of place compared to the rest of the series, or at least what I've seen so far. I'm only about 1/3rd into the first season.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've been avoiding this show because I didn't care for the book, and shows are frequently worse than the book.

However, I've been following this thread and trying to avert my eyes for spoilers (thanks to those using tags), and I got the gist that the show's reality hopping is more about technology and less "it was all a dream".

Since it seems the main problem I had with the book is handled completely differently, I gave the show a shot and started watching it this week.

So far I like it a lot. It is quite a bit different than what I remember about the book, but not in ways that bother me. The only complaint I have is that the attempted assassination in the alley was a little too "Michael Bay" with hundreds of bullets and a car exploding in a giant fireball. It felt out of place compared to the rest of the series, or at least what I've seen so far. I'm only about 1/3rd into the first season.
I liked it! They basically took the book as a starting point, used the character names, and took the next step elaborating on the basic concept. Instead of a book (The Grasshopper Lies Heavy) within the book Man in the High Castle) and an idea, there are movies Showing an alternate ending to WWII.

Instead of a vision, we have people teleporting from one reality to another. The idea of the Nazis deciding to conquer an alternate reality seems a bridge too far, but I was able to go with the flow. :)

This post with a spoiler label lays out the difference between the book and the tv series, with focus on the book, not details of the series, without serious spoilers, and it shows just how different the series is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.