Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
AppleTV/iOS Games coming to the Switch?

One of my most favorite games, Battle Supremacy: Evolution that released on AppleTV 4 is coming to the Switch! YAY!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/battle-supremacy-evolution-switch/

The only thing is that on an iPad, the on-screen controls were bad and on AppleTV, game controller controls are "wonky".
Should be great on the Switch!

Now we need more: AG Drive would be awesome...

I guess I don't have to worry about Apple Arcade... ;)

Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well at the weekend I did it!!!

I traded in my original Switch for............

A pre-order on a YELLOW Switch Lite!!

My year and a half old Switch console was valued at £195! So it’s only costing me five pounds for the Lite! It’s like trading in an Apple product! The Switch is really holding its value.

And I am now missing it haha, I was having fun with Rise Race The Future on it.. oh well less then two weeks and I’ll have my Lite, cannot wait :)

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Well at the weekend I did it!!!

I traded in my original Switch for............

A pre-order on a YELLOW Switch Lite!!

My year and a half old Switch console was valued at £195! So it’s only costing me five pounds for the Lite! It’s like trading in an Apple product! The Switch is really holding its value.

And I am now missing it haha, I was having fun with arise Race The Future on it.. oh well less then two weeks and I’ll have my Lite, cannot wait :)

You won't regret it...

I traded up to an R2 for $100 and lovin' the battery life - I've just been using it for short gaming spurts/browsing the store and would've had to charge my old one by now. I'm still at 60% since I got my new one a few weeks ago...

That's the deal in the US right now, the old Switch at Gamestop is worth $200 in trade (with the extra $25) - that may change when the Switch Lite actually releases...

Reactions: apolloa

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
I'm considering selling my day 1 Switch and buying R2.
I've heard you can get $300+ for a launch day Switch since it's moddable.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

Possibly but I’d check, I did look on eBay and they seem to be selling in the UK for around £180, so I got more for it by trading n the Game store against my pre-order, plus I don’t have to pay any eBay or PayPal fees. But I don’t know how old the Switches I saw being sold were.

Take it into your local store and ask them how much you’ll get for it. You can do that without have no to trade it in I’d have thought?

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004

I heard that too - mine was a couple months after launch but right before the change and may have been mod-able are there certain markings?

I wonder if people go to Gamestops looking for mod-able ones, the one that gets mine may be the lucky person...

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
AppleTV/iOS Games coming to the Switch?

One of my most favorite games, Battle Supremacy: Evolution that released on AppleTV 4 is coming to the Switch! YAY!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/battle-supremacy-evolution-switch/

The only thing is that on an iPad, the on-screen controls were bad and on AppleTV, game controller controls are "wonky".
Should be great on the Switch!

Now we need more: AG Drive would be awesome...

I guess I don't have to worry about Apple Arcade... ;)
I hope this means the apple tv version of the original Sonic games are coming, to me those are the best versions available, native widescreen and 60fps.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
You won't regret it...

I traded up to an R2 for $100 and lovin' the battery life - I've just been using it for short gaming spurts/browsing the store and would've had to charge my old one by now. I'm still at 60% since I got my new one a few weeks ago...

That's the deal in the US right now, the old Switch at Gamestop is worth $200 in trade (with the extra $25) - that may change when the Switch Lite actually releases...
Are there any other differences with the new Switch besides battery life? Is the screen any brighter? I'm curious as to your impressions...
[doublepost=1568253198][/doublepost]
The new Switches have an extra security chip, for much tougher encryption. They will (supposedly) be much tougher to hack. The original Switch was apparently hacked very early on, necessitating this product "bump."

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Are there any other differences with the new Switch besides battery life? Is the screen any brighter? I'm curious as to your impressions...

Yes, seems that the screen is brighter, richer colors. It also runs a lot cooler when playing graphics-heavy games (I also play a lot of the casual games). Doom (2016) I notice big-time, the unit doesn't run near as hot. I'm playing Battle Supremacy - Evolution which is also graphics intensive (uses higher textures like on the iPad Gen 5) and still runs cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

ACE83

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Hahaha it is seriously addictive fun. And the casual nature of the game/switch just adds to the appeal. So easy to pop in for a few quick games

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Got my first Nintendo Switch some days ago, i really like that i can take it everywhere around the house. I'm currently playing: "Fire Emblem: Three Houses", i will give "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" a shot after finishing Fire Emblem.

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Got my first Nintendo Switch some days ago, i really like that i can take it everywhere around the house. I'm currently playing: "Fire Emblem: Three Houses", i will give "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" a shot after finishing Fire Emblem.
Don’t feel the need to finish Breath Of The Wild as quickly as possible. Explore a bit, the whole game is quite an experience.

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
Don’t feel the need to finish Breath Of The Wild as quickly as possible. Explore a bit, the whole game is quite an experience.

Also, don't think that you're done with the game just because you beat the final boss. There's so much to do in the game and beating the final boss is basically just another mission.

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Seems like I only have to buy two games for the Switch ever. FE: Three Houses has four different routes to take and Zelda BoTW seems to be very expansive. But too late, I already bought Valkyryia Chronicles 1 & 4 for the Switch and i have an eye on Mario Kart 8 as it looks like a good Title to play with my son...

I wonder when I will have the time to finish Oceanhorn 1 and try out Oceanhorn 2 on :apple: Arcade? Decisions, decisions.?

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Seems like I only have to buy two games for the Switch ever. FE: Three Houses has four different routes to take and Zelda BoTW seems to be very expansive. But too late, I already bought Valkyryia Chronicles 1 & 4 for the Switch and i have an eye on Mario Kart 8 as it looks like a good Title to play with my son...

I wonder when I will have the time to finish Oceanhorn 1 and try out Oceanhorn 2 on :apple: Arcade? Decisions, decisions.?

Looks like you have more than two games mentioned... ;)

I was like, I’ll just get a small handful.

70 games later... :eek:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
^^^ Nintendo's gonna be hot this holiday season!!! Mario and Luigi colors!

Talking to someone at a gamestore, he said Nintendo will be the hot item.

I'm hearing rumors that the Thursday/Friday sales will have the Switch Lite for $150 (either out the door or maybe $200 with some sort of gift card to bring it down).

Sony and Microsoft - not very much at all...

People are just gonna wait until next year for the next gen...

:)

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
^^^ Nintendo's gonna be hot this holiday season!!! Mario and Luigi colors!

Talking to someone at a gamestore, he said Nintendo will be the hot item.

I'm hearing rumors that the Thursday/Friday sales will have the Switch Lite for $150 (either out the door or maybe $200 with some sort of gift card to bring it down).

Sony and Microsoft - not very much at all...

People are just gonna wait until next year for the next gen...

:)
It has a a lot of good software including pc ports.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Can anyone know anything about Pokémon? Someone’s asking for the latest Pokémon game, but I know nothing about it and don’t know the difference between sword and shield. Is it worth getting both, or are they virtually the same game with just different elements?

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Virtually the same, a few exclusive Pokemon in each, but you can trade.
I recommend choosing based on which Legendary Pokemon you prefer, and those are the ones on the cover.

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Virtually the same, a few exclusive Pokemon in each, but you can trade.
I recommend choosing based on which Legendary Pokemon you prefer, and those are the ones on the cover.
Thanks, it’s for my brother but I have no idea which Pokémon he likes lol. But I feel like he’s had a stuffed charmander toy when he was younger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.