Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Thanks, it’s for my brother but I have no idea which Pokémon he likes lol. But I feel like he’s had a stuffed charmander toy when he was younger.
You're in luck, because Charmander is in the game but his water and grass counterparts (Squirtle and Bulbasaur) are not!

The legendaries are very similar looking this time around, but one holds a sword in its mouth and one has a shield for a mane. Kids tend to like the Sword one a little more since it's offensive and a "cooler item" than a shield.

But you can't go wrong with either. :)

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Got a second set of JoyCons, raced both kids today in MarioKart 8 Deluxe. :cool:

Played a bit TLoZ: Breath of the Wild afterwards just for myself.

Last edited:

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
DigiTimes re emerges with an article (paywalled) about a new Switch model that will be released in 2020. So will we get a Switch „Pro“ after all?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
DigiTimes re emerges with an article (paywalled) about a new Switch model that will be released in 2020. So will we get a Switch „Pro“ after all?

Switch XL? A slightly larger screen, bezel-less design, TEGRA 2, will use same joycons and doc...

A handheld package w/o dock for $299... full package, $399...

or home console only? Switch NX?

AppleTV-esque design with a cart slot and sd slot, hdmi, wireless, and pro controller can use a Switch Lite on the road, continue the game at home, use the Lite as a controller if friends come over. $249... can do 1080p/high/60fps (constant).

The Switch Family of system possibilites are endless!

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
My personal wish list for a "Switch Pro"
4k dock mode
1080p screen portable
Official joycon with a directional pad
Better battery life
Larger and faster built in storage
Bluetooth headset support
More powerful chipset
Better kickstand

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
My personal wish list for a "Switch Pro"
4k dock mode
1080p screen portable
Better battery life

Sorry, but i do not think we will get 4K docked or 1080p undocked with a „Switch Pro“ for now. We currently have a 720p screen, and sometimes experience frame rate drops, games that lower the resolution to 540p and watered down textures. If it has a 1080p screen i do not think that we see graphics eg. on a PS4 level (and then i wonder if i need a higher res screen if it is not fully utilized).

So, what i think we could get (yes i‘m boring):
Still 720p screen (Maybe enhanced screen tech (Sharp IGZO?)), SOC upgrade (Tegra X2), More RAM (6 or 8 GB), Fixed Joycon drift, Bluetooth Headset support would be nice. Same battery life as Switch Rev. 2.

That would hopefully fix the issues with frame rate drops, resolution downgrades and muddy textures...
But i would totally like to get your more ambitious version of a Switch Pro.

Last edited:

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Sorry, but i do not think we will get 4K docked or 1080p undocked with a „Switch Pro“ for now. We currently have a 720p screen, and sometimes experience frame rate drops, games that lower the resolution to 540p and watered down textures. If it has a 1080p screen i do not think that we see graphics eg. on a PS4 level (and then i wonder if i need a higher res screen if it is not fully utilized).
Good graphics is not equal to high resolution. Just because a Switch 2 has a 1080p screen, does not in any way correlate with PS4 level graphics.

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Good graphics is not equal to high resolution.

11520000 pixels. Sitting with that big a screen, that close to your face, a higher resolution would definitely be welcome for obvious reasons.
You can now call me confused. :)

But i think i now know what you mean, you would like a higher resolution screen for not so demanding games/situations for increased pixel per inch, and thus less pixelated looking graphics on e.g. the Home Screen or Tetris / Lumines. That would be a use case where i can agree with you.

I was more referring to games like Zelda Breath of the Wild that would maybe run in 720p 30 fps (locked) on a Tegra X2 powered Switch in handheld mode instead of dipping down to about 1152x648 (or Witcher’s 540p) and less than 30 fps in demanding situations in handheld mode on the current version Switch, and thus i had/have no use for a 1080p screen.

Last edited:

MikeStrutter

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2019
Would love to see

Mario Galaxy 1&2 (same Card)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 with all DLC
Konami's HypersportsR released with ringcon support
Mario 3D World
Horizon Zero Dawn

come to the switch this year.

Reactions: kovami06

Dean_UK

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2018
I am personally waiting out for a beefed up Switch before taking the plunge.

Nintendo said recently in an investor call there wouldn't be a new Switch this year.

Just take the plunge now if you are thinking of getting one, it's an amazing console with some cracking games. Breath of the Wild is worth it alone.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Nintendo said recently in an investor call there wouldn't be a new Switch this year.

Just take the plunge now if you are thinking of getting one, it's an amazing console with some cracking games. Breath of the Wild is worth it alone.
I can wait.

LightSpeedSteve

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2018
I'm super late trying to get an Animal Crossing Switch. I wonder if they'll come back in stock anywhere :(.

I've put off getting a Switch since I'm mainly on PS4. I'm missing out on too many fun games.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Nintendo always denies hardware rumors and plans up until official announcement. They denied the existence of the 3DS a week before the 3DS was announced. There's no way to know what they do or don't have planned. :)

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
This thread has been dead for a few weeks... now that its come down to the wire, are people pooping their pants New Horizons comes out Friday?

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
This thread has been dead for a few weeks... now that its come down to the wire, are people pooping their pants New Horizons comes out Friday?
Went to check on it this morning to make sure it would be ready, and then realized it wasn't Friday when it said it couldn't be played yet :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.