Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
These look fine. The small images in the graphiteappearance coloured one is different from mine but that's on me. :)
I'm currently improving (I hope) my GraphiteAppearance.car-file.
So, if you point out to me which items have change and in what way, I'll include them as well.
Or do you prefer to do it yourself?
Cheers!

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I'm currently improving (I hope) my GraphiteAppearance.car-file.
So, if you point out to me which items have change and in what way, I'll include them as well.
Or do you prefer to do it yourself?
Cheers!

Sounds great! The things that have are really nothing but the traffic lights for the graphite appearance.

I'm also updating the traffic light-graphics that I made so that they look a little more "fresh" I will this time also make the small and mini variants. I'll do that today in between other assignments.

yay or nay? Updated with a new style - getting rid of a border.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 10.42.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 10.42.17.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
Sounds great! The things that have are really nothing but the traffic lights for the graphite appearance.

I'm also updating the traffic light-graphics that I made so that they look a little more "fresh" I will this time also make the small and mini variants. I'll do that today in between other assignments.

yay or nay? (for now - please ignore the bottom edge as there's some very rough things going on there)
That would be awesome!
And YES, I love the new fresh look!
Thanks again.

• Love
Reactions: allan.nyholm

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1

yay or nay? (for now - please ignore the bottom edge as there's some very rough things going on there)

Mmmm...so glossy and beautiful, makes you wanna touch them.

I gave up on theming and embraced Apple's current design, but I support your effort, folks!

• Love
Reactions: allan.nyholm

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
Do we have to modify the "ZZZZPackedAsset"-elements as well?

And - if so - how can we do that in a proper way?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Do we have to modify the "ZZZZPackedAsset"-elements as well?

And - if so - how can we do that in a proper way?

There's really isn't any proper way to edit those except manually inserting over the elements already existing. So by sending to PS and importing back is the best way. I avoid that section as much as I can, but for newer macOS such as Mojave and Catalina the best way to edit the Finder toolbar buttons is from within there. The files edited elsewhere consolidates back into the PackedAssets - sometimes.

Also, I've completed the mini, small and regular traffic light buttons so that they are ready to be put into a theme. For now, I have to go shopping for children's clothes and or a present of sorts for my sister's baby. Hurray.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Okay. Thanks so far and congratulations!!!

Thanks!
Time ran out for me today(I blame the couch) but I have made this update to the GraphiteAppearance for this particular theme, which means High Sierra. Still missing is the inactive states and disabled states but I wanted to hear how it looks. I don't have High Sierra on this Mac.

GraphiteAppearance-test

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
Thanks!
Time ran out for me today(I blame the couch) but I have made this update to the GraphiteAppearance for this particular theme, which means High Sierra. Still missing is the inactive states and disabled states but I wanted to hear how it looks. I don't have High Sierra on this Mac.

GraphiteAppearance-test
This looks absolutely great.
Please go on!
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 22.49.58.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 22.49.50.png

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Can I help you?

Hi,

You can, if you want to. I only have Sketch files available. I haven't had the energy as of late to do much work to this. Sketch file for those interested

As a note.. the sizes for the small and mini styles are in the Graphite section and those aren't completed for the Aqua portion of the theme. And as a result there will be some messing about.

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
Hi,

You can, if you want to. I only have Sketch files available. I haven't had the energy as of late to do much work to this. Sketch file for those interested

As a note.. the sizes for the small and mini styles are in the Graphite section and those aren't completed for the Aqua portion of the theme. And as a result there will be some messing about.
Hi,
I've downloaded your Sketch files and installed Sketch (because I use to work with other applications), but Sketch can't open them.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
We had technical problems with internet this evening. Thanks again for the new graphics.
After some sleep I'll check it out, but browsing through the graphics made me happy already.
?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.