Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
any1 have it??? good reviews?? you guys think itll work in the powerbook in my signature?? i have a 17'' envision lcd i bought 3 years ago...and after plugging in my pb, and using the right settings it still looks blurry....

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
It's one of the most discussed LCD screens in these forums, so I'd suggest you make a search for some previous threads :p

I have one, and I'll be taking it with me in my grave when I die.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I've got a 19" Dell LCD. It's ok. I hear that one is even better. Go ahead. No one will think any less of you. :p

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
ive searched and see postive reviews here and there....u guys think ebay will be a good place to buy?? and if so whats the max $$ i should spend?? cuz going with dell.com, it comes out to $600 with tax and shipping...and on ebay im seeing them for about $560 with shipping but skeptical...

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
There's constantly coupon codes floating around the web for Dell. Right now they have a $60 off deal, so you can get it shipped for $499, I think. The lowest I've seen it is $389, and if I ever see it like that again, I will not hesitate to buy two. They seem to go for nearly $500 on eBay, so I would avoid that. If you don't need it right away, I say wait it out, and look for the codes!

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
AJ Muni said:
any1 have it??? good reviews?? you guys think itll work in the powerbook in my signature?? i have a 17'' envision lcd i bought 3 years ago...and after plugging in my pb, and using the right settings it still looks blurry....

I have pretty much the same laptop, w/o superdrive and 80gb hdd...and it works great...i have a cable box hooked up to it 2...i use it more for a tv than an external monitor...my laptop screen is great and works fine w/o external...but yeah its a great monitor w/ a lot of different types of inputs...im watching marry poppins right now on it...

iDM

macrumors 6502a
livingfortoday said:
There's constantly coupon codes floating around the web for Dell. Right now they have a $60 off deal, so you can get it shipped for $499, I think. The lowest I've seen it is $389, and if I ever see it like that again, I will not hesitate to buy two. They seem to go for nearly $500 on eBay, so I would avoid that. If you don't need it right away, I say wait it out, and look for the codes!

I second that amount, i would not pay $600 and I'd not go the ebay route, that may just be me. But my reasonings would be....

1. It could be had for around $400 new from Dell(would require unknown waiting period, but I've seen 2 maybe since the beginning of the summer so they are not that infrequent)
2. Something that expensive and prone to be bad, the list of broken things or non working things on a monitor would have to be extensive let alone one dead pixel they may drive you nuts, would be reason enough not to buy second hand.

My .02

Good luck, everyone from what i hear loves theirs, i plan on buying one when the price is right and the bank balance is as well

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
livingfortoday said:

thanks for the heads up...where exactly do i find those coupon codes?? like google them???

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
If you are thinking about an external monitor, get the 2005fpw. it can be had for cheap AND buying a widescreen monitor is amazing. you'll be kicking yourself in a year if you bought a 4:3, believe me. go for it...when there are deals to be had, that is.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
AJ Muni said:
wow very nice chrispy...how much u pay for it?? the Dell 2005FPW

I got in around April or May of this year and with coupons it ended up only being about $360 shipped and after tax haha. It was the most amazing deal I have ever scored. I actually had no intention of buying a monitor the day I came across it on techbargains.com but I ordered it within an hour of seeing that price :) It very much enjoy it!

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
Chrispy said:
I got in around April or May of this year and with coupons it ended up only being about $360 shipped and after tax haha. It was the most amazing deal I have ever scored. I actually had no intention of buying a monitor the day I came across it on techbargains.com but I ordered it within an hour of seeing that price :) It very much enjoy it!

holy s**t thats awesome deal!!! i guess ill wait for the right price then...

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
I would love to buy on of these monitors my 17 inch is awesome, i can only imagine what one of these puppies look like. I have decided to wait until the 24 inch model is less than $1000 Au, i may have to wait awhile the lowest price i have ever seen on it is $1299. It is worth the wait i am jealous of anyone who has one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.