Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Is it just me, or had ThinkSecret just about shriveled up and died since Apple went after them (and probably eliminated all of their confidential sources, too)..

I mean remember when we used to get artists renderings of Cinema Displays before they were relaesed and they ended up being accurate? iMac release right on the nose...

Now they cant even get the MacBook release straight...

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
it would certainly seem that way. i wonder if it's the source that shut up (or found a different place to talk to), or the source was found out and fired, or think secret is just scared to produce any real rumors anymore... seems like they may as well just call it a day.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jelloshotsrule said:
it would certainly seem that way. i wonder if it's the source that shut up (or found a different place to talk to), or the source was found out and fired, or think secret is just scared to produce any real rumors anymore... seems like they may as well just call it a day.

Well I think Apple's suit was not really intended to go all the way through, but more to scare all of their employees into the mindset that if they leak any information, Apple will do everything to find out who did it...and it seems to have worked quite well.

backupdrummer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Chi town
Its to bad. I always liked thinksecret, But i have ot admit Appleinsider has filled the void in my heart where thinksecret use to be.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Yeah, ThinkSecret hasn't been very good.. at all.

They usually cover there bases in every aspect they can. For example, when all the macs were PPC and we were wondering which would go first, thinksecret had something to say about all of them. :-\

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.