Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
The ESR looks great!! Funny how finding the best clear case is so hard, then it takes like 3 days to get bored of it! Did you find a colored case you’d recommend? I got a colored case, too, one of Apple’s silicone case! I haven’t had an Apple case since the 6 Plus cuz the leather and silicone cases were way too slippery back then. I couldn’t even hold my Plus with one hand! The silicone started breaking off, too, so I never bought an Apple case again til now. They def’n changed it for the better, it isn’t slippery at all, and it’s much slimmer! If it didn’t have the traditional lip around the screen, I’d recommend it as an ultra slim case.

Honestly though, I’m still completely in love with my Peel case!! It doesn’t have the gummy feel like other TPU cases, (though I like that feel, too), it just feels more natural, I guess? Like there’s nothing on the phone, and the grip is incredible. So glad I have a new case to love, since my fave DTTO case doesn’t come in clear or silver for my Pro Max Silver!
I’m thinking about this in either red if it’s a deep red rather than in yer face red. Or else blue version. Also definitely going to buy a silicone pine green case. Very classy look.

let’s be seeing your coloured silicone please.

Reactions: JAZJB

JAZJB

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
I’m thinking about this in either red if it’s a deep red rather than in yer face red. Or else blue version. Also definitely going to buy a silicone pine green case. Very classy look.

let’s be seeing your coloured silicone please.
Ok, here are some pics! I really find this case to be slim, despite the lip. Most cases that have a lip have a flat, obvious piece of plastic/silicone around the screen, which is not only ugly, but also makes the phone feel wide. The Apple silicone lip is rounded and thin, so it isn’t as noticeable when swiping, and my phone doesn’t feel wider (though it’s obviously not as slim as Peel or the ESR, etc). But I do like it!

CA01133F-5DA5-4511-BAE5-6854AC8E3604.jpeg
90ABEFD8-7280-4E5A-A01A-289C26DEBB12.jpeg
1ABAEBF7-D850-4130-924D-7CB1B95E50BA.jpeg
B8CBE293-6504-4109-BFA0-6CA7B432E456.jpeg
7F347092-36A3-4334-9792-1879455D24E7.jpeg

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Ok, here are some pics! I really find this case to be slim, despite the lip. Most cases that have a lip have a flat, obvious piece of plastic/silicone around the screen, which is not only ugly, but also makes the phone feel wide. The Apple silicone lip is rounded and thin, so it isn’t as noticeable when swiping, and my phone doesn’t feel wider (though it’s obviously not as slim as Peel or the ESR, etc). But I do like it!

View attachment 870401 View attachment 870402 View attachment 870403 View attachment 870404 View attachment 870405
That looks spot on! I had the silicone red on my 6 a few years ago. I know what you mean about those ones being slippery!

I might order my pine green silicone this weekend.
[automerge]1571395566[/automerge]
That looks spot on! I had the silicone red on my 6 a few years ago. I know what you mean about those ones being slippery!

I might order my pine green silicone this weekend.
And apologies I forgot to add the link to answer your question about what case I was planning on so here it is
TORRAS Ultra Thin Slim iPhone 11 Case Cover with [Tempered Glass Screen Protector], Fully Protective Hard Matt Shockproof Phone Cases for iPhone 11 - Lucky Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VQF5XRL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XEzQDbG57G1VY

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
I’ve wanted to make a post about this, but I haven’t had time to post pics of each case on my phone, so I’ll just write my list here. I’m always looking for thin, clear cases, and I think I finally found THE one! I hate when cases make my Max iPhones feel wide, and I don’t like when I can see the plastic around the phone (cheap and ugly looking!). Here are the ones I’ve tried in the past year, pls google the names I can’t post the links right now. I also use a screen protector, so this adds to the drop protection. All the cases below have great grip/no-slip because of the TPU material:

1) Totallee: Not as thin as I expected. The sides are loose, which makes holding/using the phone uncomfortable. Doesn’t feel “premium” for the price, the hype is not real, so I’m returning it.

2) Speck Single-layer clear case (not to be confused with the dual-layer clear which is much thicker). It’s thinner than Totallee clear, feels great to hold, and has a snug fit. Who knew Speck could make such a thin case! I def’n recommend it.

3) Ranvoo: Similar to the Speck but the TPU is thicker. Still looks and feels slim on my phone, but I prefer the Speck.

4) Bare: Absolutely HORRIBLE case! It’s as thin as they come, but I went though 3 of them on my XS Max because they ALL cracked on the bottom corners within 2 months. The plastic is cheap and flimsy, all 3 cases WARPED and had the rainbow effect, so a total ripoff for the high price.

5) DTTO on Amazon: This has been my favorite case! Used it on my XS Max for 6 months, hasn’t yellowed at all, I’ve dropped my phone more times than I can count and the case is still going strong. Only prob is it only comes in clear with gold or blue around the bumper, and my Pro Max is Silver. Had the Gold XS Max and DTTO matches that gold to perfection. Hoping they make a Silver or all-clear version.

6) Torras: waaaay too thick, total pass.

7) Tozo: Almost identical to DTTO, but the sides are really loose so I don’t recommend.

8) ESR: Also almost identical to DTTO, but it yellowed in just a couple months and was full of scratches. They’re cheap enough to replace, but the DTTO is better overall.

9) Ainope: Very very thick, I don’t consider this an ultra thin case.

10) THE WINNER: Peel Super-Thin Clear and Peel Super-Thin Color case. Next to the DTTO case, this is the BEST one I’ve tried! I even like their colored cases because they’re made from the same grippy material as the clear. So snug around the phone, it’s even a little hard to remove it! None of my slim cases fit this well, and it has the most natural, comfortable feel on my phone. Not sure about the longevity yet, but it def’n feels premium. Hope my 2 cents helps!

Is the Speck case you're referring to this one? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's 1.5mm thin, which is 3x thicker than totallee/peel (at 0.02 in, or 0.5mm).

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Guys, I know this thread is about clear cases, but if the OP and anyone else doesn't mind, may I ask for advice on the below (if anyone objects, I'm happy to delete my post) - what do you think of the case? I'm sick of the sight of my bland black 11 and need some colour (red or blue) on it.Unfortunately, Ranvoo don't do a similar case here in the UK for the 11.

Torras: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VQF5XRL/ref=twister_B07VSM791F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have that case in blue and have a red on order. I like to match my cases a little with what I am wearing (do the same for Apple watches and my iPad Pro, must be a OCD thing) Anyhow, a little heavier with that case but it is a nice setup and works well with my screen protector and wireless charging

* I'd love to find a sticker set to black out the area around the cameras. Not one of those silly "lens protectors"

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I have that case in blue and have a red on order. I like to match my cases a little with what I am wearing (do the same for Apple watches and my iPad Pro, must be a OCD thing) Anyhow, a little heavier with that case but it is a nice setup and works well with my screen protector and wireless charging

* I'd love to find a sticker set to black out the area around the cameras. Not one of those silly "lens protectors"
Can I have some pics of the blue please and red pics when it comes in.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Can I have some pics of the blue please and red pics when it comes in.
Probably not the best pics, but here you go. These are very nice cases. Not as thing as my Tozo or the clear Totalee, but they fit nice and have a nice gritty finish. Also, not fingerprint magnets IMG_0159.jpeg IMG_0160.jpeg IMG_0158.jpeg

Reactions: scouser75

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I ended up with the Clear Peel Case. It's very slim and it looks like part of the phone. I love the feel of it, it's like holding a naked iPhone.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
The Peel's start out amazingly, but after only a couple of months they start to get soft and lose their form fitting nature. At least, that was my experience with one for the XS.

I ended up with the Clear Peel Case. It's very slim and it looks like part of the phone. I love the feel of it, it's like holding a naked iPhone.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I recently got a Peel case and I’m not impressed.

The photos on their website are very misleading. I’ve attached a side by side comparison between their pic and my phone with a Peel case.

It also scratches easier than butter!

Attachments

• 13CE8E7A-1C67-4ED2-8BD0-01C133AFC010.jpeg
    13CE8E7A-1C67-4ED2-8BD0-01C133AFC010.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: Breezygirl

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I recently got a Peel case and I’m not impressed.

The photos on their website are very misleading. I’ve attached a side by side comparison between their pic and my phone with a Peel case.

Wow, ya that is a big difference between the two.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Wow, ya that is a big difference between the two.

I contacted Peel and they told me
“When used in a professional studio with lighting you are going to be able to see the phone shine better through the case”.

So if you want it to look like it does on their photos... use it under professional studio lighting.

• Haha
Reactions: iGeneo

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
I contacted Peel and they told me
“When used in a professional studio with lighting you are going to be able to see the phone shine better through the case”.

So if you want it to look like it does on their photos... use it under professional studio lighting.
That is a horrible response by the company. Just horrible.

Reactions: nomad01

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
The title says it, looking for the thinnest clear case for the iPhone 11 pro Max, ijustine posted a video with the Apple brand one and it looks way too thick. I’ve tried totallee cases in the past and they were great but their clear is thicker than their normal colors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Speck makes good clear cases. Very Protective as well

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I have a Peel Clear on my iPhone XS and my partner has one on her iPhone 11. Both look like the photo on the left -they look great. Are you sure yours is legit? And you have the clear one and not the frost one? Something doesn't look right with yours. Did you remove the plastic film cover on the back?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.