Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
You quoting a few ignorant people from the past and acting like it was most people doesn’t make your current ignorance right. That’s what I said in my past post and you bringing up the “global cooling” bs only proved my point. Doing little research I learned it was a short lived thing based off of nothing.
View attachment 880458
[automerge]1575325429[/automerge]

Lmao. The word deny could be used in a trillion different scenarios. To even tie it to that and then insinuate a connection is laughable.
Don't kid yourself. The word denier is used exactly for that purpose. Exactly.

I could also give you a copy of a hockey stick graph and all that entailed.

My point with all of this is "science" is not heated amongst the general public.

This isn't science. This is a mix of politics, science and religion.

It's hysteria.
[automerge]1575329613[/automerge]
People living in low lying countries like Bangladesh and the Netherlands are already feeling the effects of climate change. This is a global issue .
And we are 100% sure what they are experiencing is due to man made climate change?

And we know to what degree?

We know this 100%? There is no debate?

Really? 100% fact?
[automerge]1575329946[/automerge]
OMG. Are you big CEOs really buying into the fake man-made climate hysteria BS? Really? You're either dumb as rocks, or you stand to make a **** load of money by forcing energy production into industries you control (pretty sure it's the latter).

The progressive left started this nonsensical drivel in the 60's, and the deception has grown broader and wider than ever expected, but it's all fake. One of the first arguments was that mankind was ushering in a global Ice Age. Fake! Didn't happen. Then it was changed to "warming" which didn't happen, so now the new catch phrase is "climate change." I wonder what the next fake phrase will be when "climate change" falls flat.

According to the idiots like Al Gore, Miami was supposed to be under water 20 years ago, and all of Florida turned into a swamp. Manhattan was supposed to be like Venice, and all the coastal regions around the globe flooded. Guess what?! It didn't happen, and it's not happening. I know a whole bunch of you Yahoos have only been alive for about 2 decades, but this BS has been going on for over 50 years. You are being lied to.

The Paris Accord is nothing more than the fleecing of America. Mankind has no ability whatsoever to cause or stop any sort of climate change. The climate is always changing, it has been for billions of years, and it will always be so, and there is not a damn thing we can do about it in any direction.

Does mankind pollute? Heck yes. Is it good? No. Who is the world's biggest polluter? CHINA. Go fight that battle over there.
You forget the 90's (you might have been too young).

Then it was the ozone layer, and the disappearing rainforests and however many other hysterical catastrophes that NEVER HAPPENED.

This is about control for the wealthy and the governments.

The people who are true believers are the sheep foot soldiers.

Saint Obama was so worried about the rising sea levels and the dangers of climate change that.....he spent 15 million dollars on a home on the beach.

Guess Barrack's not too worried.

But you poor schleps (actually, us poor schleps) better give up your cars, air travel, and empty your wallets to fix this fake crisis.

Lol. Suckers.

Last edited:

AlexGraphicD

Suspended
Oct 26, 2015
New York
Often, so-called ‘symbolism’ motivates many to act or ... not act. So much of what moves human behavior is what you would probably call ‘symbolism’.

Why bother to stand up and look at the flag during the national anthem? After all, thats just symbolism.

Fair enough. But why isn’t Tim including in his symbolism and protests for “Climate change”, China and India too? Why is he only criticizing the USA?

Last edited:

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Fair enough. But why isn’t Tim including in his symbolism and protests for “Climate change”, China and India too? Why is he only criticizing the USA?
Because there is ZERO cost to criticize the US.

Just like there was ZERO cost to turn the gun emoji into a squirt gun.

Just like there is ZERO cost to give yourself a rainbow logo in June.

There's no "courage," because courage implies a risk, a loss, etc.

Just virtue signaling.

tallscot

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2002
The stuff that all mammals exhale and all plants breath is now considered pollution.

For years we were told it was Global Warming. The warming paused for 15 years so they changed the brand to Climate Change. That's brilliant.

Record cold? Climate Change.
Record heat? Global Warming.
Record flood? Climate Change.
Record drought? Global Warming.
Any forest fire? Global Warming.
Record snow? Climate Change.
No hurricanes? Climate Change.
Hurricane? Global Warming.
Any tornado? Climate Change.

Got all the bases covered.

If you want to keep a sense of legitimacy, you need to stop lying. When a hurricane hit NYC we were told that was unprecedented! Hurricanes don't hit New York! Wiki "Long Island Express hurricane". Category 5 hurricane hit New England in 1938.

The decade of the 1950s had TEN category 3-5 hurricanes hit the eastern seaboard. TEN OF THEM.

Stop lying to promote your goal of redistributing wealth.

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
The stuff that all mammals exhale and all plants breath is now considered pollution.

For years we were told it was Global Warming. The warming paused for 15 years so they changed the brand to Climate Change. That's brilliant.

Record cold? Climate Change.
Record heat? Global Warming.
Record flood? Climate Change.
Record drought? Global Warming.
Any forest fire? Global Warming.
Record snow? Climate Change.
No hurricanes? Climate Change.
Hurricane? Global Warming.
Any tornado? Climate Change.

Got all the bases covered.

If you want to keep a sense of legitimacy, you need to stop lying. When a hurricane hit NYC we were told that was unprecedented! Hurricanes don't hit New York! Wiki "Long Island Express". 1930s.

The decade of the 1950s had TEN category 3-5 hurricanes hit the eastern seaboard. TEN OF THEM.

Stop lying to promote your goal of redistributing wealth.
I mean, if it's such an EMERGENCY, such an existential crisis, why isn't anyone clamoring for nuclear until we figure out the carbon problem?

Oh, because it's not about the environment at all.

It's just bananas. It's hysteria.

tallscot

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2002
If the US hit a carbon neutral status, China and India gains would make it non effective in a few years.

"the U.S. as a whole stopped emitting all carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions immediately," and found that "the ultimate impact on projected global temperature rise would be a reduction, or a 'savings,' of approximately 0.08°C by the year 2050 and 0.17°C by the year 2100--amounts that are, for all intents and purposes, negligible." Under this wild scenario, not only do the rest of the world's new emissions completely replace ours in just 6.6 years, but China's growth alone replaces them in less than 11 years.

When is it going to hit the fan? Like it was supposed to in the early 1900s? Like it was supposed to in the mid-late 1900s? Like it was supposed to early 2000s? Like it was supposed to early this decade? Tell me, what is your weather prediction 2 weeks from now? Just yesterday in my area, the forecast high temp from just the day before was off by 15 degrees F!

None of the UN models have been accurate. We are below the temps of all of the models. So what do they do? They start fudging the data by LOWERING the recorded temps of 100 years ago to fake the appearance of more warming than there has been. They were caught doing that in Australia recently. NOAA has been caught several times fudging data.

We need to give money to third world countries so their middle class grows and they buy iPhones. That's what this is. It's not a true crisis, otherwise Tim would fly commercial and as many of pointed out, I could upgrade my Macs and my iPhones much more than I can now. We would be pushing for the end of coal in India and China. No way.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I mean, if it's such an EMERGENCY, such an existential crisis, why isn't anyone clamoring for nuclear until we figure out the carbon problem?

Your premise is incorrect. Many people worried about climate change, including prominent environmentalists, are in fact clamoring for nuclear.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Climate change is a joke and so is Apple for its plea.

The climate would change with or without emissions. There's no stopping it. It's a natural cycle. NASA actually knew this a long time ago. Stop wasting taxpayer money on "climate change" nonsense. Use it to bring back jobs instead and distance ourselves from China as much as possible.

The Paris Agreement is a farce. It is exploited to no end by China and others who couldn't give two ***** about "climate change", let alone heavy smog in its cities.

Wow. Wonder what your kids will say at the way you think in 25 years.

Reactions: Roy Biggins

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Your premise is incorrect. Many people worried about climate change, including prominent environmentalists, are in fact clamoring for nuclear.
Have not seen that. Never. But good to hear. They should speak louder.
[automerge]1575334225[/automerge]
Wow. Wonder what your kids will say at the way you think in 25 years.
In 25 years there will be a new hysteria/money grab.

Lalatoon

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2019
"Staying in the Paris Agreement will strengthen our competitiveness in global markets, positioning the United States to lead the deployment of new technologies that support the transition, provide for our workers and communities, and create jobs and companies built to last," the letter states.

Then I guess it has less to do with the environment but more to do with the global market :)

• Haha
Reactions: zaphon

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Uh, that's because we actually did something about it instead of just ignoring it and calling it a hoax.
That was also a joke. Oh wait, we took away 14 year old girl's hairspray and it fixed it.

Give me a break.

Oh, I forgot about acid rain!

That was also going to kill us.

It's okay though. I know these fairy tales give a lot of people something to believe in and provide meaning in their lives.
[automerge]1575335244[/automerge]
"Staying in the Paris Agreement will strengthen our competitiveness in global markets, positioning the United States to lead the deployment of new technologies that support the transition, provide for our workers and communities, and create jobs and companies built to last," the letter states.

Then I guess it has less to do with the environment but more to do with the global market :)

"lead the deployment of new technologies..."

This is just code for lining the pockets of a crony capitalist, like maybe a windmill farm contractor.

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
So what do they do? They start fudging the data by LOWERING the recorded temps of 100 years ago to fake the appearance of more warming than there has been. They were caught doing that in Australia recently. NOAA has been caught several times fudging data.
Your arguments sound very similar to those of a creationist who believes the earth is 6000 years old. They claim to have evidence that radiometric dating is fudged. The creationist claims about fudging are quite compelling if you don't have a more in-depth understanding of dating processes. If you take conversations between geologists or paleontologists out of context, it can look like they are being dishonest. The truth is that the science is a lot more complex than the surface level explanations taught to the general public.

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Your arguments sound very similar to those of a creationist who believes the earth is 6000 years old. They claim to have evidence that radiometric dating is fudged. The creationist claims about fudging are quite compelling if you don't have a more in-depth understanding of dating processes. If you take conversations between geologists or paleontologists out of context, it can look like they are being dishonest. The truth is that the science is a lot more complex than the surface level explanations taught to the general public.
"It's so complex and there is 100% consensus, and you are too stupid to understand, so just shut up plebe. Don't question us."

That's what you're saying.

And why bring up creationism? Was he arguing that?

Why try to demean the guy by conflating legitimate criticism with off the wall, far out theories?

Oh. You just want to make him look unhinged.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
How is bringing up problems that we did deal with (ozone layer, acid rain) somehow evidence that it was a hoax to begin with? :rolleyes: Hey I did my laundry and now that it is clean and not a problem anymore it must have never been dirty. To say it ever was otherwise must have been a lie. Lol.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008

The climate would change with or without emissions. There's no stopping it. It's a natural cycle. NASA actually knew this a long time ago. Stop wasting taxpayer money on "climate change" nonsense. Use it to bring back jobs instead and distance ourselves from China as much as possible.

The Paris Agreement is a farce. It is exploited to no end by China and others who couldn't give two ***** about "climate change", let alone heavy smog in its cities.
What a silly take on things. There is no stopping death either, does that mean we may as well hurry things along?

tallscot

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2002

You are on the side that says carbon dioxide is air pollution. .06% of our atmosphere and what every mammal on the globe exhales. The stuff all plants breath. And I’m the heretic?

Australia BOM fudges data:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.da...-bureau-caught-tampering-with-climate-numbers

NOAA falsifies data:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/observ...ming-data-paris-agreement-climate-change/amp/

Climategate II:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ns-from-the-global-warming-establishment/amp/

UN predictions/models versus observed temps:
24504E1D-649E-412C-9009-06739ECC4954.png

Finally, this - Associated Press June 29, 1989 “U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked
https://apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
“He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.”

In 1989, the UN said we have 10 years to save the planet.
[automerge]1575348963[/automerge]
"It's so complex and there is 100% consensus, and you are too stupid to understand, so just shut up plebe. Don't question us."

That's what you're saying.

And why bring up creationism? Was he arguing that?

Why try to demean the guy by conflating legitimate criticism with off the wall, far out theories?

Oh. You just want to make him look unhinged.

He forgot to call me a Putin spy.

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
If tech companies want to really make a statement and get behind climate change, start holding China and India accountable for their carbon footprint, which is out of control. Stop enabling them until they start making changes. Ragging on Trump because of the Paris agreement is not worth the time and money. And don't forget, for these tech companies, it's all for money. Everything Timmy does is for the almighty dollar. There's so much he and Apple could do to benefit the US economy, the environment, but all of that comes at too great a cost. First step, get out of China and stop using their crap until they make a plan and enact policies to reduce emissions. Same with India. They are absolutely abusing the planet without regard for the future.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Climate Change = Hoax. Wake the eff up people! You have been brainwashed by the MSM.

Our society is turning into a pile of ****. Antifa, Leftists Democrats, BLM, LGBT, Feminism, Climate Change, Pro-Abortionists. Btw all these have something in common, they all point to the far left. Far left = Anti-America.

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Australia

Okay I’m not going to comment on the effectiveness of any political campaign but to deny climate change at this point is akin to saying you don’t believe in gravity.

Yes. Without human activity the climate would change but in the last 100 years we have accelerated that change dramatically by releasing hundreds of times the amount of CO2 normally released into the atmosphere.

We have basically made what would happen gradually over hundreds of years happen in within one hundred years. With no thought of the affects on the planet we live on.

There also are no downsides to acting on climate change now other than ‘it costs money’. The worst case scenario is that in 100 years we realise it wasn’t needed.... well hey we made our climate safer for all of humanity and wildlife (less pollution and smog), and in the process developed more reliable means of production and energy generation.

Acting on it is literally a win win.

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
Climate change is obviously false. 97% of scientists believe in climate change, but I don't know why any fool would trust scientists, what would they know, they're all educated idiots. Trump knows that climate change is rubbish, and he is our president, our highest politician, and thus far more trustworthy than any scientists.

• Haha
Reactions: 0920872

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006

Did Fox News tell you that scientists were predicting global cooling 50 years ago?

Some media outlets may have made those claims, but peer reviewed articles always pointed to warming, not cooling.

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

I wasn't around back then, but certainly all of my life (40 years) it's been "global warming", very consistently.

The move to renewable energy is not an economic burden. Even the power companies here in Australia - that run the coal powered stations - are saying they will be moving to fully renewable by 2050 or sooner. We already have one state that made the move to fully renewable, combined with a huge battery to store excess power for when it's needed.

Even if the scientists who claim we are warming the globe are 50% wrong... moving to renewable energy simply makes sense. Why dig crap out of the ground, when you can use solar, wind, water? Why burn coal and pollute the atmosphere - that we're all breathing - if you can use solar, wind, water?
[automerge]1575359215[/automerge]
And we are 100% sure what they are experiencing is due to man made climate change?

And we know to what degree?

We know this 100%? There is no debate?

Really? 100% fact?

Does it need to be 100%?

What about 55%? Would you accept 55%?

51%?

Let's say it's a 50/50 chance that man has caused this problem, and that no one other than man can fix it.

What should we do? Nothing? Just sit back, and watch the Pacific islands disappear, and force a migration of millions of people from their homes?

Or should we do something. Listen to what the majority of scientists are saying is happening to our planet?

Last edited:

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
Coming from the company that makes the AirPods, the most environmental-unfriendly-piece-of-electronics ever, this must be a joke, right?

- -

P.S. The amount of stupidity in this thread is outstanding.

I was here before it got locked.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.