Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Definitely required. The lack of categorisation on the service itself is going to lead to ‘what puzzlers/strategy/card game/FPS/RPG/kids games’ are are available questions. Having a forum to discuss & recommend titles and determine device compatibility would be a fine idea.

Reactions: Fireproof!

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Definitely required. The lack of categorisation on the service itself is going to lead to ‘what puzzlers/strategy/card game/FPS/RPG/kids games’ are are available questions. Having a forum to discuss & recommend titles and determine device compatibility would be a fine idea.
I made a suggestion on the Site feedback forum or whatever it's called.

Made the mistake of creating the "Which Apple Arcade Game are you playing right now?" thread in the "Services" sub. I don't know where to put Arcade.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I made a suggestion on the Site feedback forum or whatever it's called.

Made the mistake of creating the "Which Apple Arcade Game are you playing right now?" thread in the "Services" sub. I don't know where to put Arcade.

Great. Yeah, I wasn’t even sure where to put this thread!!

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
I thought about this samething the other day when I made a tread in the general discussion forum about "What Apple Arcade games are you looking forward to play?".

+1

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Must say your thread is nicely ahead of the game since Arcade is yet to be released for the public.

(gkarris started this, blame him)

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Must say your thread is nicely ahead of the game since Arcade is yet to be released for the public.

(gkarris started this, blame him)

Haha.

Winning!
[doublepost=1568813765][/doublepost]Seriously, though. Tomorrow is Game Day! Anyone know the name of the Admin(s) we can message (or tag in this thread) to make this happen?

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
@arn - now that the big form upgrade is done, any chance we can get a dedicated Sub-Forum for Apple Arcade?

(BTW - great job on the new forum...it’s working great for me. Love it.)

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Any thoughts from the Admins on this request?

Apple Arcade just released for the Mac. So ”Apple Arcade” isn’t exclusive to Apple TV or iOS or Mac. It’s an odd ball. So where do we talk about it? Would be nice to have a sub-forum to direct (and attract) conversations in a single place!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

I think for now the Apple Services section is best. @arn is working on reorganizing some of the forums soon and this issue should be addressed as part of that.

My thought is a Gaming forum that includes the current Console Gaming, and Mac and PC Gaming, as well as Arcade. Then use prefixes for each type.

Reactions: StellarVixen

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX

I think for now the Apple Services section is best. @arn is working on reorganizing some of the forums soon and this issue should be addressed as part of that.

My thought is a Gaming forum that includes the current Console Gaming, and Mac and PC Gaming, as well as Arcade. Then use prefixes for each type.

I like it - that all makes good sense. Appreciate you guys thinking through this so we can stay organized!

Reactions: Weaselboy

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
My two cents is it should be "iOS Gaming" instead of Arcade. I'm excited about Gwent finally getting released on Tuesday for iOS. That's not a part of arcade.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Sorry this took so long to resolve.

for now, I’ve added Apple Arcade officially to the iOS Apps forum.

I don’t know it has enough interest to warrant its one sub forum. But will reassess as it goes.

arn
I love my watch. Went from series 0 to series 4 and can’t live without it.

Thank you. That makes sense and I think will work. Might be cool to have it’s own prefix of “Apple Arcade” to choose from when making a post in there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.