Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
I’m really trying to find a way to save this video of my favorite band’s set from this website, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to screen record it with sound. Is the website blocking it?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a way to get the video from this site? I’d be extremely grateful if someone could help me out.

https://www.magenta-musik-360.de/the-fever-333-rock-am-ring-2019-9208205928595178067

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random
I could screen record that video on a Mac via Quick Time Player screen recording feature and selecting a mic input. You may need Soundflower for this. I have Boom installed.

Reactions: Allin44

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
I could screen record that video on a Mac via Quick Time Player screen recording feature and selecting a mic input. You may need Soundflower for this. I have Boom installed.

I’m not overly tech savvy and don’t know what Boom or Soundflower is, sorry :(

I was hoping to find a way to record it myself or download the video on iPhone, but I’ve had zero luck. I don’t want to put the burden on someone else, as the video is ~30 minutes.

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random
I’m not overly tech savvy and don’t know what Boom or Soundflower is, sorry :(

I was hoping to find a way to record it myself or download the video on iPhone, but I’ve had zero luck. I don’t want to put the burden on someone else, as the video is ~30 minutes.

And you don't have a computer with macOS or Windows at your disposal?

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random
I have a fairly old Mac.
What fairly old Mac? What macOS version does it run?

Find out which macOS your Mac is using

Because if it has QuickTime Player (X) on it and you can play the video in Safari, you can at least record the video that way.

MRF-01-QTscreenRecording.png

Last edited:

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
More than okay, that OS is hardly 2 years old. It may be, that your Mac might not cope very well with playing back the video I fullscreen and then recording it, but you have to find out first.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/record-your-computers-screen-with-audio-on-a-mac/

Followed the steps and unfortunately the video playback was super choppy when I tried to use the screen recorder.

Fortunately, I found a way to screen record the whole video on my iPhone with sound included, so we’re all good. I appreciate all of your help!

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random
Followed the steps and unfortunately the video playback was super choppy when I tried to use the screen recorder.

Fortunately, I found a way to screen record the whole video on my iPhone with sound included, so we’re all good. I appreciate all of your help!

Sorry to hear the first part, but Sierra can still run on a lot of older Macs and thus your Mac might be a bit overwhelmed with playing back HD and then recording it.

Anyway, what solution did you find for your iPhone? Maybe someone else will have a similar problem and you can help them by posting one solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.