Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Anyone seen any decent in-store offers recently?

Seems like back in the day it was easier to accidentally run into some special offer at the likes of HMV, WHSmith or Boots and pick up a few extra cards...

Reactions: orbital~debris

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for the info - as per usual the Tesco buying process dies and rejects my card several times - but eventually it worked - just waiting for the codes now (takes a day or so to email it out for some reason).

Yeah, it doesn’t appear to be automated and needs human interaction for some reason. So they only go out work days.

Last edited:

jgrove

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2006
Yeah, it doesn’t appear to be automated and needs human interaction for some reason. So they only go out work days.

I order 2 * 25 Pound ones yesterday but I am still waiting for the codes. I assume it isn't automated to avoid fraud? Have your codes arrived yet?

JonnyBlaze

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
UK
I order 2 * 25 Pound ones yesterday but I am still waiting for the codes. I assume it isn't automated to avoid fraud? Have your codes arrived yet?
I ordered mine about the same time as my last post - I received the codes a couple of minutes ago. All good!

Ayeteedee

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2018
UK
This is my first ever post on here and I am going to ask what you will probably think are some stupid questions so please be gentle with me thanks!

How do these things work...do Tesco send you a code for each gift card purchased that has a combination of letters and numbers in the same way as they would appear on a physical iTunes gift card?

If so I guess to is safe to assume that there is no expiry date on them.

My Apple Music subscription expires on 2 February so if I purchase 4 x £25 cards from Tesco today it will only cost me £85 to renew if I don't use them until February.

Thanks for your help.

JonnyBlaze

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
UK
This is my first ever post on here and I am going to ask what you will probably think are some stupid questions so please be gentle with me thanks!

How do these things work...do Tesco send you a code for each gift card purchased that has a combination of letters and numbers in the same way as they would appear on a physical iTunes gift card?

If so I guess to is safe to assume that there is no expiry date on them.

My Apple Music subscription expires on 2 February so if I purchase 4 x £25 cards from Tesco today it will only cost me £85 to renew if I don't use them until February.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, Tesco send you an email with a code for each individual gift card. The code is actually in an attached pdf file and the code itself is a link (see pic - I’ve already redeemed these). You can just click each code and it takes you to the correct page to redeem it. When I clicked my links, they all ended up redeeming automatically without me having to input the long code anywhere.
I don’t think there is an expiry on the gift codes, but if you redeem it straight away, it will be fine there for a long time anyway. I’m not going to renew my Apple Music until January, but I’ve now got the £100 I need for the year in my Apple account and it only cost £85.

C7529FBB-054B-41B3-AF95-F31F60BC063F.jpeg

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
I assume that when Tesco runs these offers... they are only available online and not instore?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.