Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Well, my phone mysteriously unjailbroke today, only to find out that I can't install the jailbreak on my phone, or with the mac.

I try to do the xcode "fix" but x code won't download.

I've tried everything that is readily on the internet.

Anyone else having this issue?

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
I really appreciate your help but I’ve tried from multiple places and just now your link, and when it downloads, the icon stays dark and it doesn’t even show up in profiles to sign. Any clue why? Thanks again.
[automerge]1573987062[/automerge]
There was a server-side change that Apple introduced to force all signing apps to use Xcode 7.3.
The only workaround is to download Unc0ver from an external app provider.

Go to Safari on your iPhone and open https://ignition.fun/ and download the Ignition app. Once the app is installed, download Unc0ver from there. Then you’ll be able to jailbreak using Unc0ver again.

I really appreciate your help but I’ve tried from multiple places and just now your link, and when it downloads, the icon stays dark and it doesn’t even show up in profiles to sign. Any clue why? Thanks again.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
I had the same problem initially. Maybe try tweak box. https://www.tweakboxapp.com/

Just did but can’t download from tweakbox. Every time I try it just opens a twitter link.
[automerge]1573989364[/automerge]
Pressing on it again now no twitter link but nothing happens at all. Why would uncover download and then right when it switches to install, it just acts like it’s done but stays grayed out. Damn it. I literally do and will not use an unjailbroken iphone. This sucks

Last edited:

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
Yeah I know I also had this "grayed" out app problem with Tweakbox and Ignition. Have you tried rebooting your phone and then installing Ignition?

I'm not a huge fan of Tweakbox... the app feels like a cluster mashup of spam and ads!

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Yeah I know I also had this "grayed" out app problem with Tweakbox and Ignition. Have you tried rebooting your phone and then installing Ignition?

I'm not a huge fan of Tweakbox... the app feels like a cluster mashup of spam and ads!

Yea, I’ve done everything I could find on the web. The only thing left is installing xcode and trying to sideload it. Xcode kept failing to download last night so I’ll try again in the morning. The Mac I sent to Apple for repair had it on. What crap timing.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Well, my phone mysteriously unjailbroke today, only to find out that I can't install the jailbreak on my phone, or with the mac.

I try to do the xcode "fix" but x code won't download.

I've tried everything that is readily on the internet.

Anyone else having this issue?
What device do you have and IOS version? You might be able to just download checkra1n

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
What device do you have and IOS version? You might be able to just download checkra1n

Iphone X, 12.4 but I don’t want to do that until all tweaks are updated to compatibility. I also like being able to jailbreak where ever I am, just in case of a crash or reboot.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Iphone X, 12.4 but I don’t want to do that until all tweaks are updated to compatibility. I also like being able to jailbreak where ever I am, just in case of a crash or reboot.
Cydia Impactor is unusable now and we won't know if it ever will get updated. You will always be relying on 3rd party signing services that continually get revoked if you want to stay on unc0ver. You can use checkra1n on 12.4. That is what I am on until my tweaks are updated to ios13. Use batchomatic to create online.deb to save all of your tweaks. Then remove unc0ver in it's settings gear by choosing root fs. Your phone will reboot and be un-jailbroken. Then download checkra1n 9.5, open it and then plug in your phone, follow the steps and once it jailbreaks, install Cydia, download filza, download batchomatic. your .deb will be in Filza, tap install and then run batchomatic. All of your tweaks will load back to Cyida. That's it. Never have to sign checkra1n or use ReProvison. Staying on 12.4 gives you the option to use checkra1n or unc0ver. Personally checkra1n is very stable on my 7+ on 12.4 and has never rebooted.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Cydia Impactor is unusable now and we won't know if it ever will get updated. You will always be relying on 3rd party signing services that continually get revoked if you want to stay on unc0ver. You can use checkra1n on 12.4. That is what I am on until my tweaks are updated to ios13. Use batchomatic to create online.deb to save all of your tweaks. Then remove unc0ver in it's settings gear by choosing root fs. Your phone will reboot and be un-jailbroken. Then download checkra1n 9.5, open it and then plug in your phone, follow the steps and once it jailbreaks, install Cydia, download filza, download batchomatic. your .deb will be in Filza, tap install and then run batchomatic. All of your tweaks will load back to Cyida. That's it. Never have to sign checkra1n or use ReProvison. Staying on 12.4 gives you the option to use checkra1n or unc0ver. Personally checkra1n is very stable on my 7+ on 12.4 and has never rebooted.

No there’s a supposed fix online using x code to sideload and bypass the update error and then I can use reprovision again. But I couldn’t batchomatic because I can’t jailbreak and I can’t go into unc0ver settings because I can’t even open it. I guess I dont mind having to redownload and configure the tweaks. I batched em all to my own email. I just really want to try unc0ver until I’ve exhausted all avenues.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
No there’s a supposed fix online using x code to sideload and bypass the update error and then I can use reprovision again. But I couldn’t batchomatic because I can’t jailbreak and I can’t go into unc0ver settings because I can’t even open it. I guess I dont mind having to redownload and configure the tweaks. I batched em all to my own email. I just really want to try unc0ver until I’ve exhausted all avenues.
Yes, those are the instructions when you are able to jailbreak unc0ver again. Staying on 12.4 gives you the choice to use unc0ver or checkra1n. All of the 12.4 tweaks will work as they have. It's up to you.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Yes, those are the instructions when you are able to jailbreak unc0ver again. Staying on 12.4 gives you the choice to use unc0ver or checkra1n. All of the 12.4 tweaks will work as they have. It's up to you.

Well that's not true. I spent a few hours going through the procedure today and when I was almost done installing me tweaks, it resprung into safe mode. Even after uninstalling the tweak, it wouldn't go back into jailbreak mode. When trying to jailbreak it with checkra1n again, it gave me a tweak incompatibility error. I can't disabled all tweaks and it still won't boot into jailbreak.

I'd call this unstable. Going back to Unc0ver tomorrow. I'll try again when the full release comes out.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Well that's not true. I spent a few hours going through the procedure today and when I was almost done installing me tweaks, it resprung into safe mode. Even after uninstalling the tweak, it wouldn't go back into jailbreak mode. When trying to jailbreak it with checkra1n again, it gave me a tweak incompatibility error. I can't disabled all tweaks and it still won't boot into jailbreak.

I'd call this unstable. Going back to Unc0ver tomorrow. I'll try again when the full release comes out.
Then you did something wrong, because that’s exactly how you do it. You remove Unc0ver by root fs first before jailbreaking with checkra1n and install Cydia. If you are staying on 12.4, then all of your 12.4 tweaks that you had installed before would still work. Go back to Unc0ver then. Good luck to you. I don’t care which jailbreak you use, so I’m out!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.