Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuzuBell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
I have the same video in 1080 and 4K resolution on my MacBook Pro (Catalina).

The 4K version looks remarkably less blurry than the 1080 version. For this reason, I would like to upload the 4K version to Instagram. In order to upload to Instagram, users usually need to use a phone. I have an iPhone 5s but its specifications only seem to go up to 1080 resolution (https://support.apple.com/kb/sp685?locale=en_US). I have tried transferring my video from my MacBook Pro to my iPhone 5s (using Airdrop and Dropbox) and, either way, only the 1080 version could be transferred (not the 4K version).

As it stands, if I try to upload to Instagram from my iPhone 5s, I can only do so using the much-less-aesthetic 1080 version. I recently thought one way around this would be to figure out a way to upload 4K videos to Instagram from my MacBook Pro. I tried using Pavtube - but it is not available on the latest operating system on Mac. I also tried switching my "user agent" on Safari to "iPhone" - but this only allows me to upload photos (not videos).

Does anyone have a clever workaround to upload high quality (4K) videos to Instagram from a MacBook Pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.