Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2015
I'm using a 2006 MacBook Pro C2D. It has a 17 inch monitor which in my opinion is amazing. Given I have a PowerBook G4, a 2009 MacBook, and a 2009 iMac, this is actually my first and only MacBook Pro. I tried TRMJIJ's upgrade to Yosemite (Mainly cause I had success with it back when I had an 08 logic board in my MacBook). Regardless, it froze constantly. That meant that no matter what I did, I was probably stuck on Mountain Lion as my daily driver for this pro.

It's still 100% usable.

With an app called Waterfox (A port of Firefox), I still have supported internet. With Office 2011, I can still download modern templates. iMovie still edits 1080p video as well as Final Cut Pro 10.0.8.

Still, I missed Yosemite's look. (Sue me, I loved the change back in 2014.)

So, I did the same thing that the PowerPC guys have been doing. I replaced ML's 2D dock with the old Tiger dock and then used PowerPC Archives themer to make it look almost identical to Yosemite.

Let me know what you guys think. Is this useful for our unsupported mac's or should I just pack it in?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I also changed the font to San Fransisco. It isn't perfect, but I don't care.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 9.48.57 PM-min.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 9.48.57 PM-min.png
    777.5 KB · Views: 421

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
If you still run Mountain Lion you can use Firefox Quantum v.69 (the most up-to-date one) ported to Mountain Lion – the official builds now require Mavericks and later. The thing flies, runs on par with the most of modern browsers and certainly leaves behind Waterfox. BTW, the port of Firefox Quantum, named "Firefox Legacy" has been made available by the user parrotgeek1 (Ethan Nelson-Moore) who happened to like your post :D
The link to download is https://parrotgeek.com/fxlegacy.html
Firefox Quantum is my favourite browser, even more than Safari and Chrome, and I never thought I'd ever say so about Firefox.

Last edited:

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2015
If you still run Mountain Lion you can run Firefox Quantum v.69 (the most up-to-date one) ported to Mountain Lion – the official builds now require Mavericks and later. The thing flies, runs on par with the most of modern browsers and certainly leaves behind Waterfox. BTW, the port of Firefox Quantum, named "Firefox Legacy" has been made available by the user parrotgeek1 (Ethan Nelson-Moore) who happened to like your post :D
The link to download is https://parrotgeek.com/fxlegacy.html
Firefox Quantum is my favourite browser, even more than Safari and Chrome, and I never thought I'd ever say so about Firefox.

I saw that. I actually now have a 2010 MacBook Pro running Catalina beta. I’m going to put ML on a partition and try it out. I still use some older 32 bit apps. It would be nice to have 250 gigs or so dedicated to those apps

Reactions: maverick28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.