Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
One guy from Greece here in another thread said the received his email. Gives me some hope, but still, It‘s super odd and suspicious, combined with the „shipping to the Americas“ statement from two weeks ago.. They really have me worried. If they pull a MAGA release and then EU later in march or something I‘m seriously gonna freak.

Reactions: OkiRun

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan
One guy from Greece here in another thread said the received his email. Gives me some hope, but still, It‘s super odd and suspicious, combined with the „shipping to the Americas“ statement from two weeks ago.. They really have me worried. If they pull a MAGA release and then EU later in march or something I‘m seriously gonna freak.
No word in Japan as of yet....

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
what's the problem if you get an email or not?
on dec 10 can be ordered
I guess he was trying to say that it doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be preorders here across the sea on Tuesday, just because we didn’t receive any emails, because he’s in the US and still didn’t receive any. I’m still worried though. It’s just too strange that absolutely NO ONE over here has heard anything.

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
Got an email from Apple yesterday saying they were taking orders for the Mac Pro starting Dec 10th 2019

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
I guess he was trying to say that it doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be preorders here across the sea on Tuesday, just because we didn’t receive any emails, because he’s in the US and still didn’t receive any. I’m still worried though. It’s just too strange that absolutely NO ONE over here has heard anything.

I'd wait until mid-late day Cupertino time Monday. That the emails went out on a Saturday is odd. Other countries would presumably need other languages too. If the email text was kept super secret until after the "bolt out the door for the weekend " Friday rush then may not have handed it to the folks who do language translations yet. (if Apple ask to register for email notification in language X then they email blast should also language X ).

Their "save the date" probably has a Cupertino time on it. (meaning it will be almost Wednesday for folks who get to Tuesday before California does. ) . I don't think Apple is going to shoot for the 3 a.m ( USA time zones) opening orders approach for this product. Problem is that won't be "daytime" everywhere on the planet at the same time.

Reactions: chfilm

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
I'd wait until mid-late day Cupertino time Monday. That the emails went out on a Saturday is odd. Other countries would presumably need other languages too. If the email text was kept super secret until after the "bolt out the door for the weekend " Friday rush then may not have handed it to the folks who do language translations yet. (if Apple ask to register for email notification in language X then they email blast should also language X ).

Their "save the date" probably has a Cupertino time on it. (meaning it will be almost Wednesday for folks who get to Tuesday before California does. ) . I don't think Apple is going to shoot for the 3 a.m ( USA time zones) opening orders approach for this product. Problem is that won't be "daytime" everywhere on the planet at the same time.
i would have to disagree with you. This is apple we are talking about. Everything they do is calculated. "may not have handed to the folks who do language translations before the weekend" doesn't sound like apple whatsoever. They also are well versed in logistics between all time zones.

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
i would have to disagree with you. This is apple we are talking about. Everything they do is calculated. "may not have handed to the folks who do language translations before the weekend" doesn't sound like apple whatsoever. They also are well versed in logistics between all time zones.

apple spent the last two year peddling "dog ate my homework" excuses as to why they couldn't do a new Mac Pro on time. Late? They have a track record of late here.

And if they were specularly brilliant super geniuses of logistics they wouldn't have had to relocate the factory and delay getting the Mac Pro out in 2019 either.

Why would they ship an email to enterprise customers on a Saturday? That isn't top notch savvy.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
apple spent the last two year peddling "dog ate my homework" excuses as to why they couldn't do a new Mac Pro on time. Late? They have a track record of late here.

so you equate that to a braindead email blast?
cmon bruh. you do know they sell other, way more profitable products than mac pro right? that they execute worldwide releases for yearly, right?

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
so you equate that to a braindead email blast?
cmon bruh. you do know they sell other, way more profitable products than mac pro right? that they execute worldwide releases for yearly, right?
Just don’t ruin my hope for a Europe release as well on Tuesday.... ?

majus

Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
That the emails went out on a Saturday is odd.
Indeed it was, along with the fact that there were two different versions delivered. The one I got, and MacCentral got, do not have the "Save the Date" on it. MR and many others here got the one with that. That struck me as suspicious to the point I suspected a hoax, but sites are reporting it.

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
Does it really matter? It will be available when it will be available. Worrying about it won't change that. Relax, it's been almost six years in the making a few more weeks / months isn't going to make much of a difference. Life is too short to be worried about ordering the 7,1 Mac Pro on day one.

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
Well my Promise Pegasus J2i arrived today and got a notice from Apple that the MP will be at my business on Friday December 13th, originally they gave me Dec 19-27. I was shocked to hear it would be here this Friday.

I ordered just the basic model, if I want more memory I will get it and put it in.. Can't wait to see this machine run Photoshop and Final Cut Pro

Reactions: thisisnotmyname

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Well my Promise Pegasus J2i arrived today and got a notice from Apple that the MP will be at my business on Friday December 13th, originally they gave me Dec 19-27. I was shocked to hear it would be here this Friday.

I ordered just the basic model, if I want more memory I will get it and put it in.. Can't wait to see this machine run Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
wow. thats good news, hopefully more early shipment dates are ahead.
Quick question. What setup are you going with your J2i? and what are the speeds one could expect as well?

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
wow. thats good news, hopefully more early shipment dates are ahead.
Quick question. What setup are you going with your J2i? and what are the speeds one could expect as well?

The speed is SATA speed, it has SATA connectors that go direct to the motherboard. Also the J2i comes with one Toshiba 8 GB drive...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.