Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Honestly, you'd think this is my first time using an iOS device.
On this iPhone 11 Pro Max, I cannot seem to add an Apple gift card (not iTunes; merely received a credit from Apple, for a product), to the Wallet app.

It will not scan the card, and only seems to want to allow me to enter another credit or bank card.
So, what am I missing here? Thanks all, and sorry for the daft questions.

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
White Apple Card right?

Short story, you’ll have to go into an Apple store, they need to scan your gift card and your phone with a hand held PDA to apply it. Took 30 seconds.

Long story, I was on the phone with Apple Care and they couldn’t get mine applied, even after taking remote control over my phone (30 mins later) the agent couldn’t get it applied as if I was doing it wrong. Agent tried to apply it from my Apple ID online and tried directly to Apple wallet by me scanning it as well as trying to manually enter it. It just wouldn’t accept it. After a brief hold, told me go into a store.

All I was trying to do was apply my white Apple gift cards I got from Apple for turing in two iPhones this year.
——————————————

Do yourself a favor and just go in to the store.

Note: You should also be able to apply it directly to a new purchase from the Apple store on the products purchase page.

Keep us posted. :)

Reactions: circatee

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Okay, clearly I am not losing my mind.

But, this was easy before, no? Something like going to Wallet, scrolling down and choosing Edit Passes. Then you could add them there.

Why on earth did Apple change something so simple? Honestly...

Reactions: compwiz1202

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
A nice gentlemen on another forum helped me...

Solution:
“Try using a 3rd party camera app, like ProCamera, to scan the QR code. Then choose the option to "open URL" or Apple.com. Tap "add" in the upper right corner. It should go to Wallet.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I have the same problem with an Apple gift card I received from a purchase online during the black friday shopping event. Received the e-gift card on my e mail but when I clock the add to wallet link a safari page open and it says my card is not activated so I cant add it but if I check the balance of the card online, the PIN code works and it shows my balance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.